Disney Year of a Million Dreams.....

goodtimes5286

Original Poster
experiences, whose had em and whats the story?

My dad and I went from Animal Kingdom to DHS in the afternoon. Once we got into the park we got RnRC fast passes and jumped in line for ToT. After our first ride, we of course road again (b/c who can honestly ride ToT only 1ce? thats just crazy talk). Once we got into the library and watched the twilight zone video about the hotel's dreary past we turned to exit into the boiler room and a little ol lady's voice rung out telling us that we had all won the year of a million dreams celebration. I was physced, I was thinking we at the VERY least got fastpasses but what else could we possibly get of more value? When we finally got over to the two people we were handed a hat that said "year of a million dreams". To be honest I was disapointed (b/c I'd rather have had a fastpass), but oh well. By the end of the day my dad had long since taken it off (since he hates hats and they're a problem on rides), and I got a christmas hat (since it was christmas) so obviously I was wearing that. So now it has just become a keepsake. To be honest I think thats the worst possible prize. I think fastpasses should be the bottomline.

Now back to the question...... discuss!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
experiences, whose had em and whats the story?

My dad and I went from Animal Kingdom to DHS in the afternoon. Once we got into the park we got RnRC fast passes and jumped in line for ToT. After our first ride, we of course road again (b/c who can honestly ride ToT only 1ce? thats just crazy talk). Once we got into the library and watched the twilight zone video about the hotel's dreary past we turned to exit into the boiler room and a little ol lady's voice rung out telling us that we had all won the year of a million dreams celebration. I was physced, I was thinking we at the VERY least got fastpasses but what else could we possibly get of more value? When we finally got over to the two people we were handed a hat that said "year of a million dreams". To be honest I was disapointed (b/c I'd rather have had a fastpass), but oh well. By the end of the day my dad had long since taken it off (since he hates hats and they're a problem on rides), and I got a christmas hat (since it was christmas) so obviously I was wearing that. So now it has just become a keepsake. To be honest I think thats the worst possible prize. I think fastpasses should be the bottomline.

Now back to the question...... discuss!
Five different trips during the two years of the Year of a Million Dreams... :lookaroun

Never won a darn thing. :(

Still had five really great trips with my son though, so it's all good. :D

Would have liked the DVC membership prize though :shrug:

brent2124

I have had seven trips(all just weekend trips unfortunatly) during the year of a million dreams and won nothing. The hardest part of winning nothing was I had to witness the party just in front of me exiting space mountain win the stay in Cinderella Castle. That didnt make me too happy.:brick:

MissM

Easily at least 24 day trips out in the past two years. Number of prizes won? Zero. I did win a pair of ears in 2007 through the mail but I never even won the pins which I had really wanted as I'm a pin collector.

:(

krankenstein

This past 4th of July my party and me won Dream Fastpasses and Dream Ears exiting BTMRR. I was a very, very happy man! :lol:

I also had a Magical Moment this past trip when and EE CM gave me a free FP for the ride after we had a nice conversation. It was very cool.

TheDisneyMagic

Have been to the parks, well just a few times over the last couple of years :D and was lucky enough to win my first prize last week, I won Dream Fast passes when exiting Spaceship Earth.

Whats even funnier though, I won again in the same day over in the World Showcase, I won the hat.

I certainly waited my turn during this celebration :lol:

jmenjes

In the parks, I only won the pin and lanyard set.

In the mail-in sweepstakes, however, since the middle of April I've won 10 (yep, 10) pairs of the Dream Mickey ears.

We had 5 trips and we got Jack$h/+. It is a joke, but I am not sure that it is as big a joke as this "What are you to celebrate". I mean come on how many people will actually get to use this. Mine is around spring break and the DWs is around the 4th of July. We would not go either time unless it was free. We go for our Ann. but you do not get anything for that. So the real name of it should be Come Celebrate your birthday and get a free day, which if you have a multipul day pass over I think 5 days it is only an extra $2 a day. Big deal another thing Disney will spend more on Advertisment then the give aways!:hammer:

HeatherK

I did my CP in the fall of 2007 and everytime I went into a park I got nothing.

I went in October, and as my boyfriend and I were exiting TSM we got dream fastpasses which was nice even though everything was only about a 10 minute wait.

wdwmemories

I think that the Year of a Million Dreams are all bonuses - if you get anything, it is a plus (not a minus if you don't get something).
I have an annual pass and got to the parks often. Wins? Zero. That's OK.
Maybe Disney's marketing machine has done such a good job that expecations are elevated too high????

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
4 trips, total of almost 30 days @ WDW in 2 years...

I FINALLY 'won' YOMD ears when it was downpouring at WDW on the 11th of December this year. The dream makers were all huddled under a store's overhang and were handing them out to anyone 'dumb' enough to be caught in the rain

:shrug:

Edit: wow...in 24 months I've spent at least a month total @ WDW...not too shabby!!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think that the Year of a Million Dreams are all bonuses - if you get anything, it is a plus (not a minus if you don't get something).
I have an annual pass and got to the parks often. Wins? Zero. That's OK.
Maybe Disney's marketing machine has done such a good job that expecations are elevated too high????
I don't think people had expectations of winning [if they did, it's kinda creepy]. I have the same reaction [:(] to not winning the lottery... :lol: I'm not expecting to win, but wouldn't play if I didn't get that twinge of disappointment when I "come close". It's part of the thrill. :D

epcotWSC

August trip (so there were long lines everywhere). We were coming off "It's a Small World" and got Dream Fast Passes for Magic Kingdom (5 of them, 1 for each person). My gf's mom & grandma don't really do any rides, so we got two extras (her dad used some of the bigger rides). We used all of ours (rode Splash 3 times in total, BTM 4 times, and Space 4 times, lol) then gave away the other two dream passes to some random couple that we saw at a fast pass machine.

Phonedave

Never won an offical prize, in around 5 trips totaling 20 - 25 days or so

No big deal, I don't go because of the promos, they are like icing on the cake if I do win.

However, I did have a dream squad member usher me and my kids through the Fastpass lane on TT once, and then ride it with us. He said the first half of his workday was giving out offical prizes, and then for the second half his job was "to make people happy" That sounds like a good job to me.

-dave

SchultzFamily

We won for the first time during our September visit. We were exiting Splash Mountain and we all won "Year of a Million Dream" ears (there were four of us). We then headed to the Crystal Palace for our breakfast ressie and since we were two couples with four ears, each couple gave one set of ears to a child at breakfast that was sitting near us.

When we returned home from our trip, there was a huge box from Disney. I had sent home the Christmas ornaments I purchased as well as heavier items (photo frames, photo albums, coffee mugs, etc.). I thought to myself it could not possibly be my purchases already because we had done the shopping the last three days of our trip. So I opened the box and to my surprise, it was a box of "Year of a Million Dream" items. In the box was: a set of ears, a stuffed Mickey and Minnie dressed in their "Year of a Million Dreams" attire, a lanyard with a starter set of pins, a "Year of a Million Dreams" mug, photo frame, photo album and a tin of jelly beans. There was also a gift card. I assumed it was for around $25. I went online to code in the number and it indicated I had to call to get the balance. I did so and it was for $385. I called the next day and had it applied to our deposit for our 2009 trip.

We've since won "Year of a Million Dream" ears three times since September in the mail.

LoriMistress

DH and I won on in Dec '07 three official dreams. We won our first YOMD prize at DHS/MGM. We it was around 9am and in the wait area in ToT and we won Ultimate FP. The next day we won Ulimate FPs at AK (I forgot the exact location, but I think it's the Jungle Trek.) Another day at AK we won YOMD pins and landyards. We won got other small dreams here and there, but over all, our trip was truly magical.

LoriMistress

We won for the first time during our September visit. We were exiting Splash Mountain and we all won "Year of a Million Dream" ears (there were four of us). We then headed to the Crystal Palace for our breakfast ressie and since we were two couples with four ears, each couple gave one set of ears to a child at breakfast that was sitting near us.

When we returned home from our trip, there was a huge box from Disney. I had sent home the Christmas ornaments I purchased as well as heavier items (photo frames, photo albums, coffee mugs, etc.). I thought to myself it could not possibly be my purchases already because we had done the shopping the last three days of our trip. So I opened the box and to my surprise, it was a box of "Year of a Million Dream" items. In the box was: a set of ears, a stuffed Mickey and Minnie dressed in their "Year of a Million Dreams" attire, a lanyard with a starter set of pins, a "Year of a Million Dreams" mug, photo frame, photo album and a tin of jelly beans. There was also a gift card. I assumed it was for around $25. I went online to code in the number and it indicated I had to call to get the balance. I did so and it was for $385. I called the next day and had it applied to our deposit for our 2009 trip.

We've since won "Year of a Million Dream" ears three times since September in the mail.

Wow! That's amazing that you won tons of stuff from Disney! Congrats! Now I'm jealous. :D

Figment632

I think this celebration was run horibly. My GF and I have spent a lot of time in the parks over the last to years and got picked for nothing. I'm not complaining about it because I never expected to be picked. It seemed to me that they only pick families or older people. I also don't belive that any of the selections were random. I belive that certain groups of people were targeted

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom