Disney Yacht Club vs Four Seasons, opinions??

pax_65

My issue with YC for you is your desire for better pools and the ages of your kids. The slide is only accessible outside the pool area. The pool is spread out and the seating is crowded with little shade. To get a good spot you have to go early. It's really not a great family pool IMO. I know I'm a minority here, but we're not fans and not for those who aren't strong swimmers or could walk to the slide on their own. If your kids can do that then you might enjoy it.

I hear what you're saying. Like I said when our kids were young my wife and I were nervous trying to keep eyes on them all the time. Especially with where the entrance of the slide is located as you pointed out.

But that said, it's the best resort pool on property. I'm not even sure what would be second place. If you're gonna spend the day here, as the OP said he wanted to do, it's a GREAT place to do it. If you don't have park passes for the day you can walk around the boardwalk. And obviously if you have passes you can walk to Epcot for dinner and walk around World Showcase in the evening. The location really can't be beat.

correcaminos

I hear what you're saying. Like I said when our kids were young my wife and I were nervous trying to keep eyes on them all the time. Especially with where the entrance of the slide is located as you pointed out.

But that said, it's the best resort pool on property. I'm not even sure what would be second place. If you're gonna spend the day here, as the OP said he wanted to do, it's a GREAT place to do it. If you don't have park passes for the day you can walk around the boardwalk. And obviously if you have passes you can walk to Epcot for dinner and walk around World Showcase in the evening. The location really can't be beat.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. We have many other pools we like way better. The lack of shade and crammed in like sardines are my biggest issues with it. The size of the pool itself (not just land around) is rather small given the crowds. The lazy river is too slow and too deep. The sand at the bottom scraped the daylights out of my husband's feet making walking kind of not fun. Pool bar/food has always been slow with service. In short I can name quite a few other pools I'd rather be at - BW even being one of them.

So nah, I don't think it's a great place to spend the day. A few hours and I'm ready to leave. I know it has a cult like following, but I honestly haven't ever been a huge fan since our first visit to it in 2000.

The location is good, but I actually like BW more.

Much-Pixie-Dust

FS would be my pick since you want equal time at parks and resorts. It’s fabulous and great to get away from the crowds at the park. We love their character breakfast too. The character outfits are adorable and the food is exceeds any breakfast buffet at Disney, IMO. A year ago there was a Disney photopass employee too with one of the characters.

DISR

I stayed at YC in Oct and just got back from my first trip to the Four Seasons yesterday. As you can see from my signature block, I gravitate to Disney deluxe resorts. Nothing on property compares to the Four Seasons in any category except proximity to parks and theming. The rooms, service, serenity, food, pools, amenities, etc are among the best I have experience at any hotel anywhere in the world. It is an even starker contrast when you do the 10 minute transition from the chaos of any Disney hotel or park to the serenity of the Four Seasons. If we were rope dropping and using the hotel for a sleeping/showering pad, I would not pay the premium, but if spending any time at the resort it becomes an amazing sanctuary for recharging the batteries for the next Disney event. I did not use their park transportation on this trip, so I can't speak to how well that works, but Uber worked fine at the hotel for our trip to Disney Springs and the Contemporary resort. For context, it is about the same distance from most parks as Port Orleans Riverside.

Hockey89

Looking to visit end of July and normally stay at Grand Floridian, but was disappointed last year. Looking for better pools and stuff. We only visit the parks every other day and utilize the hotel on off days. I have kids 7 and 4. Any input on which is better would be much appreciated. Four Seasons prices out about $300 more for our visit. Thank you in advance.
Four seasons is 100% a better venue. We usually do a split stay between there and the BC. We love the location of the BC but it doesn't match anything that the Four Seasons offers... Service... Room quality. Capa… The pool area is amazing and the Spa is outstanding...

Hockey89

I stayed at YC in Oct and just got back from my first trip to the Four Seasons yesterday. As you can see from my signature block, I gravitate to Disney deluxe resorts. Nothing on property compares to the Four Seasons in any category except proximity to parks and theming. The rooms, service, serenity, food, pools, amenities, etc are among the best I have experience at any hotel anywhere in the world. It is an even starker contrast when you do the 10 minute transition from the chaos of any Disney hotel or park to the serenity of the Four Seasons. If we were rope dropping and using the hotel for a sleeping/showering pad, I would not pay the premium, but if spending any time at the resort it becomes an amazing sanctuary for recharging the batteries for the next Disney event. I did not use their park transportation on this trip, so I can't speak to how well that works, but Uber worked fine at the hotel for our trip to Disney Springs and the Contemporary resort. For context, it is about the same distance from most parks as Port Orleans Riverside.
I should have skipped posting and just liked this....

We used Uber a lot but the Bus service was easy and a much nicer bus...

DISR

The pool area at the Four Seasons is 100% better.... It blows away the Yacht Club
Correction :): The pools are 100% better....the adult pool, the family pool, the splash pad, the sports pool, the lazy river, and the water slides (it is an entire complex). You won't have trouble getting a chair, and every chair has an umbrella. They will bring you fresh towels and a pitcher of ice water whenever you need them. If you get bored there an entertainment building with billiards, foosball, video games, etc. There are also outdoor billiards tables and other games scattered around, as well as a kids club that is still up and operational. There is also a sand volleyball and a basketball court. The tennis courts are on the other side of the hotel from the pool, but they appeared to be very nice clay courts. No mini golf, but they did have a putting course on real greens at the nearby golf course. Also, you don't need reservations 6 months out for their pool-side table service restaurant. They will bring the food to your chair if you wish though.

Hockey89

Correction :): The pools are 100% better....the adult pool, the family pool, the splash pad, the sports pool, the lazy river, and the water slides (it is an entire complex). You won't have trouble getting a chair, and every chair has an umbrella. They will bring you fresh towels and a pitcher of ice water whenever you need them. If you get bored there an entertainment building with billiards, foosball, video games, etc. There are also outdoor billiards tables and other games scattered around, as well as a kids club that is still up and operational. There is also a sand volleyball and a basketball court. The tennis courts are on the other side of the hotel from the pool, but they appeared to be very nice clay courts. No mini golf, but they did have a putting course on real greens at the nearby golf course. Also, you don't need reservations 6 months out for their pool-side table service restaurant. They will bring the food to your chair if you wish though.
Ok your post is better.

Hockey89

This Four Seasons place sounds nice. Shame it isn't closer to the parks.
I didn’t feel that way at all when I was there. Animal Kingdom was long but we took Uber which is so much faster than the buses. I totally get the advantages of staying at the YC/BC which is why we do split at FS after staying at BC

epcotisbest

This Four Seasons place sounds nice. Shame it isn't closer to the parks.

The Four Seasons is a world class resort if it were anywhere in the world. YC/BC is a barely above average resort except for where it happens to be located. If Four Seasons was within walking distance to two parks, you could never get a room there and could barely give away rooms at YC if priced similarly.
Seriously FS in not even in the same category as YC/BC it is so superior in every way.
And, I like YC/BC just fine and am not trying to put them down, just making the comparison.

DISR

IMO the location isn't the biggest deal, it is the cost/benefit if most of your time will be in the parks. I always get a significant discount rate for my Deluxe resort stays, so my stay at the Four Seasons was significantly more in cost. I'm not a huge fan of split stays, but I would probably take a split stay between a moderate and the Four Seasons over a single stay in a Disney deluxe resort (assuming the vacation was 8 days or more). If you offered me a stay at the Four Seasons at Disney Deluxe cost, location and transportation would not be an issue....I would jump at it. Uber would easily make up for anything the FS busses could not provide, and I would be happy to pay that cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom