News Disney World's character cavalcade showtimes are now listed in My Disney Experience

Gillyanne

I have no idea how long it takes one of these to get set up, run it's route etc, nor how long it takes to get in and out of costume, but I wonder if they have cast members who can be multiple "friends of" characters; ones that wouldn't be on the same cavalcade. If so they could possibly get away w/ fewer CMs doing it this way than they would a full parade?

Vinnie Mac

Now wait a minute, the whole point of the cavalcades were to be a surprise so that guest don't gather and create a crowd. Fireworks do that more than parades ever would. But those have been back since the beginning of the month. And now the cavalcades are on the app schedule? Now I'm definitely sure FoF is out due to non-COVID related issues otherwise it would have been back by now or there would have been some announcement.

peter11435

Now wait a minute, the whole point of the cavalcades were to be a surprise so that guest don't gather and create a crowd. Fireworks do that more than parades ever would. But those have been back since the beginning of the month. And now the cavalcades are on the app schedule? Now I'm definitely sure FoF is out due to non-COVID related issues otherwise it would have been back by now or there would have been some announcement.
That WAS the reasons for the cavalcades at random times. To reduce crowding. That is no longer a concern. The fireworks, FOLK, etc are proof of that. Now there are other issues preventing a return of parades. I would still consider them COVID related.

peter11435

Which is puzzling, because there are thousands of CMs waiting at the end of the phone each day for a call back to entertainment.
A sizable amount of entertainment cast are already back to work and have been for a while. They are just in other roles across the property temporarily. They can’t be moved back to entertainment roles until staffing levels allow their current roles to be filled

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
A sizable amount of entertainment cast are already back to work and have been for a while. They are just in other roles across the property temporarily. They can’t be moved back to entertainment roles until staffing levels allow there current roles to be filled
Yes that is definitely one problem, and hopefully the arrival of CP will help with that. But having said that, there is still a sizable number not working and waiting for that call back. It seems if there was a strong desire to get entertainment back, it could be done at this point.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I like the idea of keeping the Cavalcades during the day. It's too stinking hot most of the year to camp out, in the sun, for up to an hour before a parade starts.

DCBaker

Premium Member
How exactly do you see these times in the app? I cant find it.

Edit - You have to select the Entertainment drop down menu.

Use the search option -

IMG_BBA0809C2CD5-1.jpeg

IMG_6F164CEE9556-1.jpeg

homerdance

A sizable amount of entertainment cast are already back to work and have been for a while. They are just in other roles across the property temporarily. They can’t be moved back to entertainment roles until staffing levels allow their current roles to be filled
Disney has been not calling furloughed employees back to save a few bucks. Simple as that, there is no reason that the entertainment couldn't and shouldn't be fully back now.

Same goes for the west coast and the crap they are pulling with the janitorial staff.

They are just choosing to use the pandemic as an excuse to not call back employees and claim they can't find help.

mm52200

Staffing levels are at the level to allow them to leave now. Now everyone in most areas are barely getting minimum hours with the hiring blitz and CPs. Entertainment could return tomorrow and have plenty of staffing. But the company likes paying them less in a different role. Ironically by the time they finally bring back entertainment they most likely will be short staffed because everyone will have quit and moved on by then. The rest of the world and industry are reopening and performers, techs, etc aren’t going to sit and wait much longer in a lower paying job at Disney.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Staffing levels are at the level to allow them to leave now. Now everyone in most areas are barely getting minimum hours with the hiring blitz and CPs. Entertainment could return tomorrow and have plenty of staffing. But the company likes paying them less in a different role. Ironically by the time they finally bring back entertainment they most likely will be short staffed because everyone will have quit and moved on by then. The rest of the world and industry are reopening and performers, techs, etc aren’t going to sit and wait much longer in a lower paying job at Disney.
Yes this is also what I am being told by a number of people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom