Disney(World) vs. Disney(land)?

MerlinTheGoat

Haven't seen it up close yet so we'll see (the complete uncovered thing anyways). I will probably like how it looks overall, the buildings that were uncovered previously looked very lovely. It was basically needed though, the place was full of rotting wood and something HAD to be done about it. At one point in time these things would be fixed BEFORE they got this bad. Hopefully these "future changes" will ensure it never does again and everything will be kept in proper shape from now on. Cautiously optimistic but we'll see.

TimeTrip

Search is you friend. Also, Steve documented every change at every step. It is all in the archives of this site.
I read this forum fairly regularly... and I know what you're talking about. Looking in the thread, it seems like "off the charts" is a little bit of a stretch. I wonder if the photos referenced http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...-U.S.A-facade-refurbishments-now-complete.htm were taken with HDR? That makes everything look "better". Now I'm sure it looks better than it did before the refurb.. but "off the charts"?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
That also goes for both sides of the coin.

Truth is probably somewhere in the middle of all of it.

The truth is the truth, sadly the rest is opinion and therefore subjective. You are a Disney loyalist who defends the company to the hilt, Im a cynical selfish old git with no corporate loyalty who wants more shiny shiny, we both want the best. The resident moron is happy to spout nonsense safe in the knowledge hell never have first hand experience.

RSoxNo1

From what I've seen of Splash, everything besides the Laughing Place is in a show-ready state. It's not without issues, but the issues are substantially less than what people are saying. However, when combined with the Laughing Place essentially being turned off, the ride can't be considered show ready.

As for the MSUSA reviews, visually it looks good, that's what they were updating so I'd say that it has been getting positive reviews as jt mentioned. The level of those reviews is up for debate.

With regards to BTMRR, I haven't experienced it first hand, but it does look better in photos and videos. But I don't really see this as a substantial refurbishment, especially since it included the loss of an effect as opposed to the gain of an effect.

Kiff

Just want to add my 2 cents to the original info from this thread. I love the idea of something new coming to the world ('bout time) but the thought of RSR doesn't sit too well. If it is surrounded by the entire RS land then I suppose I would feel better, but it's been suggested in this thread that this isn't in the cards.

I agree with the opinion that it should stay a DCA exclusive for the time being but personally my biggest concern is that it would feel like a half-a%% effort. It may get people through the turnstiles but I'm waiting for Disney to step up and put a truly unique and cutting edge E-Ticket into WDW. I fear it would just be a wasted opportunity.
I would compare it to the new Fantasyland. While I have wanted something to go into the 20k site for some time, when I look at what we are getting it really depresses me to see what Disney has come up with. Specifically I am thinking about the coaster and its valuable piece of real-estate. It was never truly an E-Ticket but still appeared to have some great potential. Now that we hear the track has been shortened and show scenes scaled back it just seems to be a wasted opportunity. In some ways it’s even worse. In the future if a better management team comes on board, will there be any way to plus this ride, or has TDO short-changed this addition so much that any future improvements will not be structurally feasible?

Obviously these are two very different rides, and different situations but they seems to continue a very annoying trend. Another lost opportunity. I will take some comfort in knowing that even if we get a lazy clone of RSR it could be the first step towards spirited change. We just need to sit through a little more pain before things start improving.

devoy1701

The rumors on Micechat are that the Subs, Autopia, PM track and Innoventions will be removed.

If true, that's a healthy piece of real estate. Is this rumored for just one new E-Ticket or multiple attractions? That's a lot to give up for one attraction. And I also didn't think that DL would be the first Disneyland-esque park to give up their speedway track.

Lee

Adventurer
If true, that's a healthy piece of real estate. Is this rumored for just one new E-Ticket or multiple attractions? That's a lot to give up for one attraction. And I also didn't think that DL would be the first Disneyland-esque park to give up their speedway track.
I don't see the Subs going anywhere. Won't happen.
Autopia is also probably safe, but could loose some queue.
Innoventions is history.
PM track may possibly be repurposed, but won't be used as a ride track again. (ADA issues)

jakeman

The truth is the truth, sadly the rest is opinion and therefore subjective. You are a Disney loyalist who defends the company to the hilt, Im a cynical selfish old git with no corporate loyalty who wants more shiny shiny, we both want the best. The resident moron is happy to spout nonsense safe in the knowledge hell never have first hand experience.
Loyalist is a bit close to apologist. I enjoy the Disney product and think it is still worth the price I pay for it. If that changes I have no problem divesting myself of it. You reached that point before I did. No issue there as value is a matter of opinion.

As for defending Disney...meh. In some cases it might be useful to explore alternative reason for decisions are made rather than the fife and drum of "evil TDO". However, it's not even really worth it any more as the exploring around here now is to measure sausage.

LudwigVonDrake

I rode Splash in July and everything looked to be working except the laughing place. It looked to be turned off and doesn't look good whether you know what should be happening or not.

Big Thunder looks good but they missed a chance to gain major points by not installing AC in the upper queue. It was unbearably hot up there and I can't imagine standing in line for a long period of time without being affected by the heat. It's still one of my favorite coasters.

devoy1701

I don't see the Subs going anywhere. Won't happen.
Autopia is also probably safe, but could loose some queue.
Innoventions is history.
PM track may possibly be repurposed, but won't be used as a ride track again. (ADA issues)

That makes much more sense considering the layout of TL. Together the subs, the PM track, Autopia, and Innoventions make up a HUGE piece of property, and I can't see any repurposing being done with the subs and Autopia that wouldn't also require changes to the Monorail since those 3 attractions (and PM) are intermingled. I assumed that Inno would be going when we started hearing the rumors of a TL e-ticket. That building is too big and the current attraction is much to lackluster for it's own good. That area could definitely be put to better use.

alissafalco

What subs are you talking about?? Finding nemo subs?? If thats the case no way! They arent going anywhere. That ride has been a big hit since its been Nemo and its a great attraction that WDW doesnt have.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you notice they have been pouring tons of cash into every corner of the MK since 2007 to rehabilitate long neglected infrastructure...
You believe that don't you?

JC is falling apart.
Pirates is too.
Splash isn't far behind.
They had no choice with Tikis
CBJ has been limping, getting spare change when it could
BTM was the cheap option. And over half it's original story-led effects are still dead.
Diamond Horseshoe costs too much to open as it was designed
Pan is still stuck in 1971
Wishes has had product cut from each show (the choice was loose product or loose run time)

Holmes showed what can be done when he wants to (HM and HoP) and how to have things backfire spectacularly on him (Space Mountain)

And watch out for bits of your creaking infrastructure falling from the skies as a monorail passes.

LudwigVonDrake

You believe that don't you?

JC is falling apart.
Pirates is too.
Splash isn't far behind.
They had no choice with Tikis
CBJ has been limping, getting spare change when it could
BTM was the cheap option. And over half it's original story-led effects are still dead.
Diamond Horseshoe costs too much to open as it was designed
Pan is still stuck in 1971
Wishes has had product cut from each show (the choice was loose product or loose run time)

Holmes showed what can be done when he wants to (HM and HoP) and how to have things backfire spectacularly on him (Space Mountain)

And watch out for bits of your creaking infrastructure falling from the skies as a monorail passes.

Martin,
He wouldn't know any of this because it seems he doesn't visit the parks.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Regarding DL, Innoventions should be going the way of Horizons. Subs are meant to be staying as is. Autopia queue may be infringed upon temporarily or permenantly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom