Disney world strict on 2 year old about mask?

disneygirl21

I am curious on how strict Disney world is being on the mask requirement for a 2 year old. We are going next month and I have work with my toddler on wearing the mask but he will only tolerate it for a few minutes at a time. In my honest opinion, I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect a 2 year old to wear a mask in the Florida heat, my toddler barely lets me put clothes on him 😂 I am afraid that by the time we get him to the entrance he will be fed up with the mask and pull it off or throw a fit. Will they turn us away? Or do they allow some leniency when it comes to a barely 2 year old? I have spent a lot of money for our Disney vacation and I am stressing about being turned away because of their ridiculous policy. If I have to I will probably tell them he is just under 2.

ilovelabs2021

No, Universal is using the honor system. They are not calling anybody out on it.
You are missing my point. There is no honor system for kids under 12. They cannot get the vaccine yet. So Universal is just covering their butts by saying that only those vaccinated can go inside when in reality they aren't enforcing it.

Upvote 0

Ripken10

You are missing my point. There is no honor system for kids under 12. They cannot get the vaccine yet. So Universal is just covering their butts by saying that only those vaccinated can go inside when in reality they aren't enforcing it.
Honor system typically implies that each individual must make the decision for themselves. That the organization will not be enforcing it upon you. If something were to occur when you were breaking a rule in such a way, you are responsible.

Upvote 0

Ripken10

FYI to OP, Disney relaxed their mask policy again slightly. No more masks required in outdoor theaters (I believe there is only one outdoor show that is currently showing).

More importantly, this change signals that Disney is not likely to remove all masks indoors at this time (as some had speculated might happen due to Orange County lifting policy).

We will see what next week brings.

Upvote 0

arich35

We went a month ago with a 26 month old and we were asked probably 4 or 5 times all trip how old she was, we told them almost 2 and they didn't bat an eye. This was all before getting in the park, once we were in we weren't asked a single time and our 2 year old looks closer to 3 than 2.

Yes we broke rules, sue me.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No more masks in Florida ( Orange County ) starting Saturday it sounds like

For vaccinated...not “I don’t feel like it”...we should stick to the reality

Agree 100%. OP asked for experiences, not to be scolded for asking the question.

Hyper sensitive?
No, Universal is using the honor system. They are not calling anybody out on it.

That doesn’t change the wise course of action...for now.

nobody wants to hear it...but the test will be in the late summer/early fall if cases flatline. We went through this cycle once. No one should repeat it.

Upvote 0

Wendy Pleakley

Lying about a child's age is like stuffing their shoes to bypass height requirements.

Very baffling to me.

The primary job of a parent is the health and well being of their children.

The kids can't speak for themselves. The kids can't make this decision for themselves.

Their parents are making a choice, on behalf of their kids, to assume a degree of risk.

Cue lectures about how COVID doesn't impact kids and how they're low risk blah blah blah.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
Lying about a child's age is like stuffing their shoes to bypass height requirements.

Very baffling to me.

The primary job of a parent is the health and well being of their children.

The kids can't speak for themselves. The kids can't make this decision for themselves.

Their parents are making a choice, on behalf of their kids, to assume a degree of risk.

Cue lectures about how COVID doesn't impact kids and how they're low risk blah blah blah.
Parents assess risks based on several factors. The CDC chose age 2 based on an association of pediatricians that determined masks are dangerous to children younger than 2. Other children’s health organizations chose different ages for their mask recommendations. I believe it was age 5 for WHO and even older for UNICEF. So it’s not as though a child is in danger at 24 months but not at 23 months.

That said, WDW gets to make its own rules. If I were the parent of a toddler right now I would just stay away rather than subject a very young child to mask-wearing. Lying has inherent costs that are almost never worth it.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

Lying has inherent costs that are almost never worth it.

Thank you. I see this so many times on these boards when it comes to things about lying about age to get a cheaper ticket, or pay less at a meal, or ways to fake a child's height for a ride, etc.

People keep trying to justify it. "Disney makes enough money, my kid does not eat that much, my kid is small for his age, it's a ridiculous rule." and look for validation / support. Just own it. They are planning to lie, cheat, or steal - period. It is a rule that WDW has put in place. Regardless of if you agree with it or not, it is fully within the rights of WDW to do so. People just want validation for actions that they know are wrong or else they would not be asking about in the first place.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
Thank you. I see this so many times on these boards when it comes to things about lying about age to get a cheaper ticket, or pay less at a meal, or ways to fake a child's height for a ride, etc.

People keep trying to justify it. "Disney makes enough money, my kid does not eat that much, my kid is small for his age, it's a ridiculous rule." and look for validation / support. Just own it. They are planning to lie, cheat, or steal - period. It is a rule that WDW has put in place. Regardless of if you agree with it or not, it is fully within the rights of WDW to do so. People just want validation for actions that they know are wrong or else they would not be asking about in the first place.
I've heard it said that kids are excellent observers but very poor interpreters. If they see their parents lying to get what they want, they aren't going to distinguish between lying to Disney and lying to their parents. You reap what you sow in this regard.

Upvote 0

GaBoy

I've heard it said that kids are excellent observers but very poor interpreters. If they see their parents lying to get what they want, they aren't going to distinguish between lying to Disney and lying to their parents. You reap what you sow in this regard.
Opie taught Andy that lesson more than once 😁

Upvote 0

Fox&Hound

Bumping an old thread: how strict are masks being enforced for two year olds these days? Also looking to travel soon with a 26 month old who will wear a mask for a few mins but struggles beyond that. Anyone go recently who can comment? The older members have no problems wearing face masks but two year olds are a different breed all together. Should we keep practicing or not sweat it?

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Bumping an old thread: how strict are masks being enforced for two year olds these days? Also looking to travel soon with a 26 month old who will wear a mask for a few mins but struggles beyond that. Anyone go recently who can comment? The older members have no problems wearing face masks but two year olds are a different breed all together. Should we keep practicing or not sweat it?
Don't sweat it, you won't have any problems.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

If you are flying, they will need to wear a mask in the airport and on the plane.

Upvote 0

Fox&Hound

If you are flying, they will need to wear a mask in the airport and on the plane.
Yes, absolutely! Thanks for the reminder. I just wasn't sure how strict Disney was being about the little ones in the park. Not trying to skirt the issue but with two year olds it is nice to be able to choose your battles when possible.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom