Disney World Rain Queue Stoppage? (Angry)

AugieMorosco

This thread reminds me of one of my most fun moments in WDW! Last day of the trip we got a late flight out and went to HS to spend the day. We'd been running around the park having a blast and without about 90 minutes until park close (and when we needed to be on the way to the airport), we got on Toy Story Midway Mania. Skies were clear and zero sign of rain walking in. We got off the ride and there were probably 100+ of people crowded in the walkway. It was just absolutely pouring. We just went for it and were drenched in seconds. Shortly after, every attraction started shutting down and we ended up not even being able to do anything else but walk through the park in pouring rain and ankle deep water and shop a bit. It was a really kind of magical atmosphere and a fun way to end the trip. But the most fun was that we Ubered straight to the airport and went through TSA still dripping wet, then sat on a plane for 2.5 hours exhausted and freezing cold. The whole ordeal sounds awful, but it was so much fun.

SteveAZee

What about the people at the entrance line? How does being stuck in front of the ride differ from being forced to leave at the exit?
If Disney forces people outside and they get hurt, then Disney might be liable. Disney isn't forcing anyone to stand on the entrance line, so they aren't liable for that.

JIMINYCR

When we were at DHS in May there was a deluge of rain that dropped, with thunder and lightning that was endless. DS and I had just finished MMRR and as we got off the ride vehicle the CM's were announcing to all that guests were welcome to stay in the exit area until the rain stopped. People were sitting on the floor, standing against the wall, all side by side. This was still during the 6' distancing protocols which now was not being enforced. We went outside and there was a kiosk selling ponchos which we bought because ours were with DW who was in another section of the park.

Lilofan

When we were at DHS in May there was a deluge of rain that dropped, with thunder and lightning that was endless. DS and I had just finished MMRR and as we got off the ride vehicle the CM's were announcing to all that guests were welcome to stay in the exit area until the rain stopped. People were sitting on the floor, standing against the wall, all side by side. This was still during the 6' distancing protocols which now was not being enforced. We went outside and there was a kiosk selling ponchos which we bought because ours were with DW who was in another section of the park.
I think every merchandise gift shop locations sells Disney ponchos that are overpriced. We come prepared by buying cheaper ponchos before coming to WDW.

JIMINYCR

I think every merchandise gift shop locations sells Disney ponchos that are overpriced. We come prepared by buying cheaper ponchos before coming to WDW.
We brought cheepie ponchos with us but that day it just happend that DW, who cant ride MMRR, went off in her own direction separating from us and we just happened to be without them as the storm came in. Our bad luck. :oops::oops::oops: I was fine going off without buying one but DS pulled out his wallet and made the purchase for us both.🤷‍♂️

JIMINYCR

I’ve had security tell me to get inside during some storms.
Theyre only trying to protect us....from ....

Acid-Rain.jpg

and its affects.
48f34caee678e5f862723ef602d2675f.jpg

So next time we all should listen and be thankful for their warning to stay inside.

Texas84

This happened to me at 7DMT. I was trying to exit and couldn't get through the guests blocking the exit. Security had to be called to clear them out.

JohnD

Well, you have a greater chance of being struck by lightning than getting COVID (assuming you're vaccinated), so encouraging guests to stay in the exit area until the rain passed was the prudent thing to do. Regardless, you can't force people out into the middle of a thunderstorm.

BASS

And if Disney had forced folks out of the ride into the rainy weather, someone would complain about that and how the Disney experience is no longer "magical." Sucky all the way around but I'm not sure what Disney can do w/o offending or upsetting someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom