Disney World Proposal - PLEASE HELP... NEED LOCATIONS

RJL1984

Original Poster
I’m planning on proposing to my GF at Disney World when we visit next month. This will be her 15th trip while this is my first time visit Disney. (Crappy childhood I know, lol). We will be there during Memorial Day weekend so I expect larger crowds.

Since this is her 15th trip she booked all the activities. My plan was to do it at the Magic Kingdom since that’s the main park but we won’t be going there till our second day, day one is Hollywood Studios. I don’t mind waiting till day two since Magic Kingdom is her favorite park. I just need ideas.
Here are my ideas so far.
1) In front of Cinderella castle. (I see everyone doing it so I’d like something more original)
2) California Grill (7:30 Dinner) – Is the glass slipper worth buying?
3) During “wishes” at the Contemporary Lounge after dinner. (Will it be packed)
4) First thing when we enter Magic Kingdom (9:30 AM). Will it be packed already?

Once again, and idea and/or suggestion is welcome.

Thanks!!!

danyoung56

I like the California Grill idea, but don't try to do it during Wishes - the balcony will be very crowded. But you could go out to watch the show, wait for the crowd to thin a bit, and do it then. And then go back inside and drink to your new life!

GrumpySue

My husband arranged a scavenger hunt around Magic Kingdom for our 10th Anniversary through Gifts Of A Lifetime. I highly, highly recommend them, they did a fantastic job and they can cater any event to your budget and likes. Check out their website, it may be worth it.

cdeev8690

Those are some lovely ideas, I'm sure she will be thrilled however you decide to ask you to marry you! To answer your question, no Magic Kingdom will not be incredibly crowded if you arrive at rope drop but I do imagine it getting very very busy by 10 AM on that weekend.

Have you considered popping the question while on a long walk at your resort (of course depending on how "romantic" your resort is)? I've seen some really beautiful proposal photos of couples that were taking scenic, private walks around their hotel resort.

Also, something you may want to consider is proposing while a CM is taking a photo at one of the Photo Pass locations. These Photo Pass locations are all over the parks, including in front of the Castle (3 or so different spots in front of the Castle, if memory serves right). My personal favorite Photo Pass location is in front of the water fountains in Epcot. The park is not nearly as crowded and if you time it right, the proposal photo will be extraordinary with the water shooting into the air behind you! The photos will be uploaded immediately to your My Disney Experience App and you can purchase them. You can also get a Memory Maker package so that you can get digital copies of all of the ride photos and photo pass photos for no additional cost. Since you're going there for a very special occasion, I think having those photos of the entire trip will make it even more special. I saw a story a few years back about a guy who actually contacted PhotoPass and set up the surprise engagement photo with them! I bet if you call Disney and get the Memory Maker department, maybe you'd get the right person and they'd help you, if this is the way you want to go with your proposal.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to read *and maybe see* how it turns out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom