Disney World Low Attendance Paradox

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Original Poster
Help me try to correlate the two.

Disney is suffering very low attendance right now and offering deep discounts because it is believed that people are putting off their trips ahead of SWGE.

Yet, Disney may be realizing that SWGE attendance is going to be very soft and is rumored to be introducing some form of discounts soon just to be able to maintain crowd levels.

SWGE should be a home run, but there seems to be growing concern (panic?) that it isn’t going to be, at least initially.

If Disney is having trouble filling the parks now because of anticipation of SWGE, but also is predicting that it will have trouble filling the parks once SWGE is open, clearly the first supposition is wrong. Meaning there are other factors at play creating this paradox beyond SWGE.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Original Poster
Based on July 4th at MK, I don’t know that we have anything credible to indicate lower crowds.

My data is anecdotal but so is all the other data.

I like to look at @lentesta Touring plans numbers. It is really worth the cost of a subscription. Without giving too much away, based on his predictions and actual observations, there clearly has been a noticeable slow down for late spring and summer. It even appears that winter and early spring crowds outperformed the current period. Total reversal of crowd distributions.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Based on July 4th at MK, I don’t know that we have anything credible to indicate lower crowds.

My data is anecdotal but so is all the other data.

Basing crowd levels on one day which was a holiday at one park doesn't seem like a sound plan for gathering true data.

I'd rather base it on the fact that for God sake they offered FD starting July 5th.
I'm sure a ton of people took that deal and ran with it.
However I don't think enough people did to make up for lower than they'd like crowds during summer.
I also think that more people will go between August 29th and November 2nd due to extremely extended park hours across the board vs it being because they want to go to SWGE. I know I'm considering a trip during that time for the park hours even though I'll be headed down later this month.
I think they made a boo-boo with opening SWGE at DLR first. They should have opened it the same day both places.
I think being able to see plenty of videos of the section at DLR took away the excitement for some.

Last edited:

graphite1326

Help me try to correlate the two.

Disney is suffering very low attendance right now and offering deep discounts because it is believed that people are putting off their trips ahead of SWGE.

Yet, Disney may be realizing that SWGE attendance is going to be very soft and is rumored to be introducing some form of discounts soon just to be able to maintain crowd levels.

SWGE should be a home run, but there seems to be growing concern (panic?) that it isn’t going to be, at least initially.

If Disney is having trouble filling the parks now because of anticipation of SWGE, but also is predicting that it will have trouble filling the parks once SWGE is open, clearly the first supposition is wrong. Meaning there are other factors at play creating this paradox beyond SWGE.
From what I have seen of SWGE; yes the architecture is really impressive. However, right now there is only one ride. An enhanced version of Star Tours. And from what I have seen, I am not that impressed. It's not near what FoP is. My prediction is that SWGE will be busy for a while but the crowds will diminish as soon as the newness wears off. It will be cool to walk around in kinda like the area was before the construction but.....,...

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(11).jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
a) Prices have gotten redonkulous
b) Weather is hotter than Hades
c) We're on the edge of a yuge recession
d) Word is out on the crowding and cost control measures
e) SW:GE got underwhelming reviews and people who would have booked are holding off until RotR opens

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom