Disney World honors 22-year-old day-pass ticket

halltd

I vividly remember those tickets from when I was a kid. I'm sure my parents have some leftover somewhere, but I haven't been able to get them to search. ha ha! I love that Disney still accepts them.

Mike S

A park hopper for one day. I would've saved that till sometime after Star Wars when hype dies down. Avatar shouldn't be crazy by then either. Ticket prices will only go up, up, up.

Rodan75

Just a nice little article I came across on my local news app. I thought I would share.

Disney World honors 22-year-old day-pass ticket
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/trending-now/disney-world-honors-22yearold-daypass-ticket/287501845

yes they should honor it no questions asked...but talk about great free publicity. They got more than $110 or whatever the day rate is now priced free publicity for the ticket, they could have easily turned her away and she would have likely never known the difference.

DManRightHere

Original Poster
Those tickets were real investments. Imagine stocking up on $50 tickets from 2000-ish. You could resell them for $75 (still quite a bargain) and make some profit now - or hold on to them and make a BIG profit in the year 2020 when one day park hoppers reach the $500/day price.

I wonder if anyone ever thought of that, but I think they would have to be new and never used tickets so they could sell to someone else.

lnsemsf

I've got a 4 day park hopper with 1 day left on it from the 90s as well. I've been saving it for a special occasion. I've also got 2 16 year old 1 park Universal Studios Escape tickets that I was given for having to be evacuated off of Hulk. I'm a theme park admission elephant. I never forget.

DrewmanS

Those tickets were real investments. Imagine stocking up on $50 tickets from 2000-ish. You could resell them for $75 (still quite a bargain) and make some profit now - or hold on to them and make a BIG profit in the year 2020 when one day park hoppers reach the $500/day price.
Her picture is on the ticket so resell would be difficult. Later finger prints were used to link the ticket to an individual, but only after first use. Before tickets expired I used to get park hopper passes for about twice the length of my visit so I would have days left over for my return trip. It would save about 30% off ticket price and be a hedge against inflation.

jazzzz

On our past trip this April, my wife and I exchanged 2-7 day park hopper plus passes from 2002. We had used the 7 days, but hadn't used any of the 4 plus features (good for entrance into the 3 water parks or Pleasure Island, and I think Disney Quest.) So we got 2 cards each with four passes good for admission to the 2 water parks or a round of mini golf.

Figments Friend

I have a few old tickets that are still valid.

The favorites are my two 1983 'WorldPassports', a Adult and Junior pair of tickets.
One day left on each.
These were both originally four day Park Hoppers ( before the term even existed ) to the two Parks that were open at the time, MK and EPCOT Center.
Price was $35 ( $29 for the junior I believe..) in 1983, and both are still valid today for admission to MK and Epcot.
Cannot bring myself to use them though....

I also have a 1989 Park Hopper left over from when I visited the then brand new Disney/MGM Studios.
That one was also a four day ticket, and has a day or two left on it still valid for Park entry minus DAK.

These are the old stamped tickets of yore....that never expired.
Disney actually used to print this in there official travel guides -
"Leftover days on park tickets don't expire until YOU do..!"

Yes, they really did allude to your own death being the only thing to keep you from using them!

-

No Name

Neat! But she should not have been the least bit surprised that they "honored" her ticket. The ticket says it never expires, which means that it can be used as long as the company is in business, am I correct? They can't suddenly put an expiration date on something that said it would never expire when you bought it. I'm no lawyer, but if that wouldn't be illegal, it would certainly be wrong.

It would've been a far bigger story, at least in my eyes, if Disney didn't let her use the ticket.

That out of the way, this is a very nice story. I'm glad the CMs were nice and made it easy, and I'm glad she had a good day at the park. I wonder how many usable tickets this old are still floating around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom