Disney World Hauntings

bluesnut

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
They should have a show filmed at WDW about ghost... Like those one on Travel Channel! They should have a physic walk around and host the show, maybe tell some stories by some of the cast members!

That would be TOO COOL!! They should get Sylvia Brown to do it. Anyone know if Montel is a WDW freak?:lookaroun

CPPirate

Re: POTC Ghost Stories....

Originally posted by PirateJosh20
I am a Cast Member who works at Pirates of the Caribbean. George is in Walt Disney World, NOT DisneyLand.
And we do talk about George. However it is NOT true about saying Good Morning to him when we power up the ride in the morning. We only say good night to George... I know that several times people forgot to do so and the next day we would exprience some diffuculties. Its really fun to work in an attraction that is known to be "haunted."

Some CM's have said they have seen George in the cameras. Sometimes we find doors open that we know we have closed behind us. Some CM's have felt tapping or tugging on their costumes as if someone was behind them getting their attn, but there is never anyone there....

No Walt Disney is not burried in POTC. I have heard that a few times when there. No I have never seen George. But I have witnessed some creepy things happen in that building.

HEY JOSH! I too have worked with this Cast Member and can add strength to what he says. There have been times when I Would be backstage and light would turn on with out any reason. And in reference to the door we know we closed... this is George's Door and I can say with all honesty and truth that I have even closed the door only to be called back to go close it again.. very creepy...:confused: :eek:

xfkirsten

Since everyone seems so interested inth e subject, I'll tell some great Disneyland stories! :)

These are all from the Haunted Mansion because that is the only one I know of.

Well, for background, rumor has it that years ago, a woman approached Disney saying that her sons had been killed, and that he had absolutely loved the Haunted Mansion, so she had wanted to spread his ashes in the Mansion. Disneyland, of course, said NO. So the woman got on the ride herself, and at some point turned and dumped the ashes on the ride herself. Whether this part is true or not, I can only guess. But that's the story.

Anyways, weird stsuff started happening. Once, as guests were getting off the ride, they reported to the CM at unload that there was a little kid running around the ballroom scene. So the CM sends security in to look: nothing. They never found any clue that the kid had ever even been there. Similarly, guests have reported coming off the ride, late at night when it's quiet, and seeing a little boy standing alone at the exit (at the top of the moving ramp) and crying. Some have said that when they asked him if he needed help, he acted like they weren't there. Some have even said he disappeared. Of course, by the time they tell a CM about him and the CM goes to check it out, he's long gone.

Well, it gets really creepy then. This part of the story I have confirmed with a friend who worked at the Mansion. I mentioned these haunting stories and he freaked out, sayinig this had actually happened to him... he was glad to hear he wasn't going insane. ;) Late at night, they will often only run one stretch room because it gets so quiet. That means that between groups of guests, the CM at load is all by themselves, just waiting for people. Well, one CM was waitinig for the next group, thought she heard a child laughing. She figured the next group had arrived, and kids were coming - but no one ever showed up. Then, she saw something move out of the corner of her eye. Turning to look, she saw no one there, so she put it off as her imagination. But she saw it again, and again, there was no one there. Well, about this time she starts feeling a cold chill, and is getting kinda freaked out. All of a sudden, she feels someone put their hand on her shoulder - but there's no one there. She screamed and ran out, and told management she would never go back to work in the Mansion again.

My friend had a similar incident (although not as intense) at Grad Nite. It was really late, so no one was going on the Mansion at all. He'd been at load, waiting for another group, for about half an hour. Well, like the other CM, he heard a kid giggling and thought maybe someone was finally coming, but no one showed up. He knew that since no one had gotten on the ride in the past 1/2 hour, that everyone had gone through and there was no one on it at all, so he called unload to see if there was anyone else there. Nope, only the other CM, who had also not seen anyone in a long time.

One of the other "hot spots" in Disneyland's Mansion is one of the Stretch Rooms. I can't recall offhand which it is, but I THINK it's the one you go into if you go straight when you enter the building, as oppose to going left. Anyways, CMs have reported having bad chills in that room when it's quiet. Now, after guests are dropped off, the room goes back up, much faster and without the light/sound effects, etc. It basically justs goes up like a big elevator, nothing special. This I can confirm, as my friend and I rode up and down a few times just for the fun of it. ;) On occasion, though, I've heard reports that the soundtrack would come on, and play BACKWARDS as the elevator moved back up, and all the effects would go off. Some CMs have even said that they've seen personal effects get shot across the room seemingly by magic.

Long story short: weeeeeeird place. I took a photo one night a couple of years back, just to have a nighttime Mansion photo. Well, I got the prints back and there was a lighter, circular blob in it. Many, many people have come to me and said it is an orb, though I have not personally ruled out glare. But who knows?

-Kirsten

josh_e_washie

I TOTALLY believe in being able to sense the supernatural, unfortunately I don't have that gift! But that being said I can say that the line through POTC is VERY creepy. I mean I think the Imagineers did a great job but I get unnaturaly creeped out! THought I'd just through that out there.!:)

ISTCrew20

I dont have a 6th sense or anything, but once, Tifani and I were in the newly reopened "Art Of Disney" store on Main Street. It was us, and two Cm's, near the front of the store. I was all the way in the back, when I felt something tug my shirt on the right shoulder. No one was there, and usually, I would of been scared over something like that, but I wasnt for some reason.

I have been creeped out at some places...

The Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock at night, catching a late boat to MK was extremely scary. We were the only ones there when I felt scared.

Sometimes if I ask the unload op. at HM if I can stay on, and they let me, the area from unload back to load is VERY scary to me. It's a very short difference, but it's freaky.

Port Orleans at night...I am not a fan of that at all. Like, 1 or 2 am. I really do not like that. I forget what part of the resort was closed, but last year, Tifani and I got off on the closed part of the resort, and had to walk back to the vacated park. Next to the lake, and by those buildings, really scared me. That's the one thing I never wish to do again.

DisneySaint

"Port Orleans at night...I am not a fan of that at all. Like, 1 or 2 am. I really do not like that. I forget what part of the resort was closed, but last year, Tifani and I got off on the closed part of the resort, and had to walk back to the vacated park. Next to the lake, and by those buildings, really scared me. That's the one thing I never wish to do again."

Try living out here with all those buildings!

Djali999

the most intense place, in terms of supernatural phenomena, for me is in the "endless hallway" scene in the Haunted Mansion. there is an incredibly strong aura of menace in that room.

the drop into the Laughing Place on Splash is very disturbing to me, as is that whole stretch of Splash Mt.

funny to see people mentioning areas of Fantasyland, I've never been bothered by anything in there.

I was quite spooked, however, the day I ventured down the long, narrow stretch of corridor under Fronteirland. I'm certain somebody's down there...

also, I totally agree on that planter on the other side of International Gateway. but never been bothered by the Sunset Boulevard area at MGM.

I'm pretty sensitive to these things myself. I was almost driven from the Haunted Mansion one night by some strange force that followed my doombuggy. I think I was the last one on that night.

MarioMagic15

Originally posted by xfkirsten
Since everyone seems so interested inth e subject, I'll tell some great Disneyland stories! :)

These are all from the Haunted Mansion because that is the only one I know of.

Well, for background, rumor has it that years ago, a woman approached Disney saying that her sons had been killed, and that he had absolutely loved the Haunted Mansion, so she had wanted to spread his ashes in the Mansion. Disneyland, of course, said NO. So the woman got on the ride herself, and at some point turned and dumped the ashes on the ride herself. Whether this part is true or not, I can only guess. But that's the story.

Anyways, weird stsuff started happening. Once, as guests were getting off the ride, they reported to the CM at unload that there was a little kid running around the ballroom scene. So the CM sends security in to look: nothing. They never found any clue that the kid had ever even been there. Similarly, guests have reported coming off the ride, late at night when it's quiet, and seeing a little boy standing alone at the exit (at the top of the moving ramp) and crying. Some have said that when they asked him if he needed help, he acted like they weren't there. Some have even said he disappeared. Of course, by the time they tell a CM about him and the CM goes to check it out, he's long gone.

Well, it gets really creepy then. This part of the story I have confirmed with a friend who worked at the Mansion. I mentioned these haunting stories and he freaked out, sayinig this had actually happened to him... he was glad to hear he wasn't going insane. ;) Late at night, they will often only run one stretch room because it gets so quiet. That means that between groups of guests, the CM at load is all by themselves, just waiting for people. Well, one CM was waitinig for the next group, thought she heard a child laughing. She figured the next group had arrived, and kids were coming - but no one ever showed up. Then, she saw something move out of the corner of her eye. Turning to look, she saw no one there, so she put it off as her imagination. But she saw it again, and again, there was no one there. Well, about this time she starts feeling a cold chill, and is getting kinda freaked out. All of a sudden, she feels someone put their hand on her shoulder - but there's no one there. She screamed and ran out, and told management she would never go back to work in the Mansion again.

My friend had a similar incident (although not as intense) at Grad Nite. It was really late, so no one was going on the Mansion at all. He'd been at load, waiting for another group, for about half an hour. Well, like the other CM, he heard a kid giggling and thought maybe someone was finally coming, but no one showed up. He knew that since no one had gotten on the ride in the past 1/2 hour, that everyone had gone through and there was no one on it at all, so he called unload to see if there was anyone else there. Nope, only the other CM, who had also not seen anyone in a long time.

One of the other "hot spots" in Disneyland's Mansion is one of the Stretch Rooms. I can't recall offhand which it is, but I THINK it's the one you go into if you go straight when you enter the building, as oppose to going left. Anyways, CMs have reported having bad chills in that room when it's quiet. Now, after guests are dropped off, the room goes back up, much faster and without the light/sound effects, etc. It basically justs goes up like a big elevator, nothing special. This I can confirm, as my friend and I rode up and down a few times just for the fun of it. ;) On occasion, though, I've heard reports that the soundtrack would come on, and play BACKWARDS as the elevator moved back up, and all the effects would go off. Some CMs have even said that they've seen personal effects get shot across the room seemingly by magic.

Long story short: weeeeeeird place. I took a photo one night a couple of years back, just to have a nighttime Mansion photo. Well, I got the prints back and there was a lighter, circular blob in it. Many, many people have come to me and said it is an orb, though I have not personally ruled out glare. But who knows?

-Kirsten
that is insane! i get so scared when i'm in the stretching room alone with just the CM, it's pretty freaky..:lookaroun

bluesnut

I don't know if it is me or the way those doombuggies are built or set up but if no one is behind you(which since my mom is handicapped and they have to stop the ride to let her on at the unload area we are often without someone behind us) you just have this feeling like you are being followed. It is very unnerving.

mrtoad

Originally posted by xfkirsten

-Kirsten

Kirsten,

Can you explain what an orb is? The reason I ask is last week I was at WDW and took several photos of the castle while waiting for SpectroMagic. One of them has a weird round thing that I thought was the moon but none of the other shots have it.

I have added a link to the photo. The object is at the very top of the photo above the castle.

Mike

http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100288/102034/Orb7078.jpg

bigbadwolf

Originally posted by Djali999
the most intense place, in terms of supernatural phenomena, for me is in the "endless hallway" scene in the Haunted Mansion. there is an incredibly strong aura of menace in that room.

the drop into the Laughing Place on Splash is very disturbing to me, as is that whole stretch of Splash Mt.

funny to see people mentioning areas of Fantasyland, I've never been bothered by anything in there.

I was quite spooked, however, the day I ventured down the long, narrow stretch of corridor under Fronteirland. I'm certain somebody's down there...

also, I totally agree on that planter on the other side of International Gateway. but never been bothered by the Sunset Boulevard area at MGM.

I'm pretty sensitive to these things myself. I was almost driven from the Haunted Mansion one night by some strange force that followed my doombuggy. I think I was the last one on that night.

Thats a good one, The Laughing place scene on Splash Mountain... Or how about GOING UP that hill, its the same sence like the one on SE.

Nothing much happens on HM when I'm on, except the part when you go out the attic window and the doom buggy tilits backwards.
The hallway scene is a maybe, but my attention always heads toward the bookcases next to it.

Its rare at MGM when I get those instint feelings like something is there when your alone.

I just rememebred another hot spot at MK- When you enter main street, there is this small porch on the left that leads to bathrooms, that area bothers me.

Animal Kingdom-Only one I can truly think of is that tunnel you through in the entrance. It has those water falls and tall trees.
Its the same effect as POTC, I just want to RUN and not look this time.

Djali999

Originally posted by mrtoad
I have added a link to the photo. The object is at the very top of the photo above the castle.

Mike

http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100288/102034/Orb7078.jpg [/B]

that just looks like a light refraction in the lens to me. it's quite natural. a friend of mine has a digital photo of the outside of the HM that includes several glowing spots and some sort of etheral vapor. he's run it through several photo labs and so far nobody can figgure out how it got there...

bluesnut

Kirsten,

Can you explain what an orb is? The reason I ask is last week I was at WDW and took several photos of the castle while waiting for SpectroMagic. One of them has a weird round thing that I thought was the moon but none of the other shots have it.

Mike

http://theshadowlands.net/ghost/orbs.htm

This is a link to a website that deals with orbs. I have taken several. Sometimes it's glare, sometimes it's lint and then sometimes????:lookaroun

bigbadwolf

Kirsten,

Mike

Orbs... I got a huge one at Epcot once, I think I said it before... lol but yea.. I get allot of those here at West Point. They come up rarely... Ill try to find and scan it some time so I can post it.

Oh and did you look about to the right and down... There is another one but smaller...

BenS

Kirsten,

Mike

An orb is a small round object that some people believe are supernatural entities, but in reality are smalls particles of dust illuminated by the flash.

By the way, that image doesn't load.

mrtoad

Originally posted by Djali999
that just looks like a light refraction in the lens to me. it's quite natural. a friend of mine has a digital photo of the outside of the HM that includes several glowing spots and some sort of etheral vapor. he's run it through several photo labs and so far nobody can figgure out how it got there...

Thanks I just wondered. The only thing I found weird about it is when you see it at the full size of the shot it almost seems like the edges have contour to them or something - not a flat look like most light spots.

I have added a crop of the spot at the full size. I never heard of an orb before so asked. I also do not get wierd feelings when I am there.

Here is the crop:

http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100288/102034/Orb29308.jpg

bluesnut

cloud pic cloud pic cloud pic

These are 3 photos of a mist I took in my back yard while taking photos for a class project. I had just put batteries in the camera before I went outside. I had cleaned the lens off. The pics were taken in like September so it wasn't cold just gray. I have the pics before after and even some in between no mist. The car was not running and it wasn't foggy. Right after these few pics were taken the batteries died. If you believe in the paranormal ghosts are supposed to drain batteries very easily. Now I don't know but that seems like an odd quwinky to me.:lookaroun

Djali999

Thats a good one, The Laughing place scene on Splash Mountain... Or how about GOING UP that hill, its the same sence like the one on SE.

by the time I get there there are other things on my mind than a lot of silly dead people. ;)

yeah. the hill doesn't really bother me for whatever reason.

I just rememebred another hot spot at MK- When you enter main street, there is this small porch on the left that leads to bathrooms, that area bothers me.

really? strange. it may simply be because of the large volumes of people who go through there on a daily basis. emotionally it's just kind of dead.

Animal Kingdom-Only one I can truly think of is that tunnel you through in the entrance. It has those water falls and tall trees.
Its the same effect as POTC, I just want to RUN and not look this time.

I think that may be more psychological than anything particuarly spiritual. just my two cents. =)

AK is very new to me and feels quite friendly. there sure isn't the kind of mire of dense emotional material you find in, say, MK or certain areas of Epcot.

mrtoad

Originally posted by bluesnut
cloud pic cloud pic cloud pic

These are 3 photos of a mist I took in my back yard while taking photos for a class project. I had just put batteries in the camera before I went outside. I had cleaned the lens off. The pics were taken in like September so it wasn't cold just gray. I have the pics before after and even some in between no mist. The car was not running and it wasn't foggy. Right after these few pics were taken the batteries died. If you believe in the paranormal ghosts are supposed to drain batteries very easily. Now I don't know but that seems like an odd quwinky to me.:lookaroun

Did you see the mist or did it only show in the photos?

bluesnut

No I didn't see the mist. I was in a Cultural Landscape class and we had to do a project on the landscape of our house so I was doing a 360 degree thing in the back yard. No mist no nothing. I even have a picture smack in the middle with no mist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom