Disney World guests file lawsuit after allegedly eating bug-infested food

NickPytlinski

weird to see that if its legit. Disney has some of the best food and cleanliness levels i have seen. (to the eye anyway)

could be an oversight which is a shame really, as people jump on the bandwagon with suing people these days.

ninjaprincesst

So there were bugs all over the food, and oddly the photo shows bugs on once piece of lettuce and not the rest of the lettuce in the plate, and also this one family found bugs and got food poisoning and no one else eating there did? And would you not have seen those bugs before you even put the food on the plate?

NickPytlinski

So there were bugs all over the food, and oddly the photo shows bugs on once piece of lettuce and not the rest of the lettuce in the plate, and also this one family found bugs and got food poisoning and no one else eating there did? And would you not have seen those bugs before you even put the food on the plate?

probably. maybe the others didn't see them either (long shot) and didn't link the food poisoning.

dunno just looking at it from both points of view.

wouldn't be surprised if they admitted themselves to ER rather than be taken there though. anything to sue.

SteamboatJoe

My dad worked in the restaurant industry. People contaminating their own food is a thing. Not saying that is what happened here but it wouldn't be the first time someone faked something to squeeze some easy money out of Disney.

SteamboatJoe

I know it’s fun to defend a multinational media conglomerate. But....

These people were staying club level at the poly. And are only suing for 15k.

Just maybe, this isn’t a get rich quick scheme?

There are people who practically make a living off of making frivolous lawsuits like this. Ask for too much and it's too transparent that it's a game; the company won't attempt to settle. A small demand looks less suspicious and is more likely to be settled.

SteamboatJoe

View attachment 403008
What evidence is there that this picture was taken at the Polynesian?

Also, what evidence is there that the bugs were on the buffet and not attracted to the food after the fact?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
There are people who practically make a living off of making frivolous lawsuits like this. Ask for too much and it's too transparent that it's a game; the company won't attempt to settle. A small demand looks less suspicious and is more likely to be settled.
What evidence is there that this picture was taken at the Polynesian?

Also, what evidence is there that the bugs were on the buffet and not attracted to the food after the fact?

So the picture is faked, therefore the entire lawsuit is now a crime. And these are professional scam artists.

If I may.....

You think it's more likely that these four are professional scam artists who contaminated their own food, then it is that they found bugs in their food at a notoriously buggy resort? It's more likely people that can afford to stay Club Level at Poly are suing for barely enough to cover medical expenses then that this actually just happened? It's more likely that these 4 pros are using fake pics to file a fraudulent lawsuit for hardly any money at all especially after the lawyer takes his cut then it is that they actually found bugs in their food and then got sick?

That's your stance?

awoogala

I mean, aphids on lettuce- is normal, it happens. Would I be happy if they were on something and I didn't see it and ate it? no.
But there is no way in hell eating a few aphids caused er level/ambulance calling level food poisoning.
Unless someone had a rare, anaphylactic allergy reaction, a few bugs won't hurt the average human.
I'm sure, if this happened and was pointed out to Disney, they would have bent over backward to make it up to them.
I'm also wondering if they saw one leaf, and assumed they all had them, and .. well, overreacted .
It's not like these were maggots, or roaches (which can absolutely be a sign of bad food handling practices on a larger scale), they were aphids. Anyone who has ever had a garden will tell you, those suckers stick like glue- even a full wash and spin might not remove them.

AdamNV87

My dad worked in the restaurant industry. People contaminating their own food is a thing. Not saying that is what happened here but it wouldn't be the first time someone faked something to squeeze some easy money out of Disney.
Or (going out on a limb here) maybe the kitchen staff screwed up?

gobstoper27

Same here! It would probably make me paranoid and I would make myself crazy inspecting all my food for the whole trip. But what I don't understand is why they would notice the bugs, THEN EAT THEM?

The little bugs are aphids...which are common and not poisonous. It means, however, that the lettuce was not properly rinsed or inspected.
I agree, those bugs were clearly visible. In my situation, I took my food back to the counter and just got a refund. Definitely stayed away from chipotle for a few months.

AdamNV87

I mean, aphids on lettuce- is normal, it happens. Would I be happy if they were on something and I didn't see it and ate it? no.
But there is no way in hell eating a few aphids caused er level/ambulance calling level food poisoning.
Unless someone had a rare, anaphylactic allergy reaction, a few bugs won't hurt the average human.
I'm sure, if this happened and was pointed out to Disney, they would have bent over backward to make it up to them.
I'm also wondering if they saw one leaf, and assumed they all had them, and .. well, overreacted .
It's not like these were maggots, or roaches (which can absolutely be a sign of bad food handling practices on a larger scale), they were aphids. Anyone who has ever had a garden will tell you, those suckers stick like glue- even a full wash and spin might not remove them.
Lol. "Don't worry folks. If we happen to serve our paying customers a group of bugs with their meal, it's the safe kind." :hilarious::rolleyes:

wdwgreek

So as a lawyer who does some personal injury work, I want to caution people who read the complaint into taking it too seriously. Complaints often are hyperbolic and always assert the worse case scenario. Even if Plaintiff is able to prove she got food poisoning and that Disney was negligent in their food service procedures, I don't know what her damages would be?

SteamboatJoe

So the picture is faked, therefore the entire lawsuit is now a crime. And these are professional scam artists.

If I may.....

You think it's more likely that these four are professional scam artists who contaminated their own food, then it is that they found bugs in their food at a notoriously buggy resort? It's more likely people that can afford to stay Club Level at Poly are suing for barely enough to cover medical expenses then that this actually just happened? It's more likely that these 4 pros are using fake pics to file a fraudulent lawsuit for hardly any money at all especially after the lawyer takes his cut then it is that they actually found bugs in their food and then got sick?

That's your stance?
Never said it was my stance but it's certainly plausible enough to cast doubt without more substantial proof.

NCO91590

Of course that is possible but why should I automatically believe them any more than Disney?

Well, because they run a GIGANTIC foodservice operation and things fall through the cracks. The odds are more likely that it was a mistake on the part of the banquet staff that day vs someone intentionally smuggling aphids into the Polynesian club level lounge to try to get $15k.

SteamboatJoe

Well, because they run a GIGANTIC foodservice operation and things fall through the cracks. The odds are more likely that it was a mistake on the part of the banquet staff that day vs someone intentionally smuggling aphids into the Polynesian club level lounge to try to get $15k.
Odds aren't proof.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom