Disney World can Kiss my grits...

RoadiJeff

with the announcement of the new Disney GREEDY... and the end of the Magical express and all the rest of the End of the Mickey Mouse Club rules and learning to be fair , tell the truth and Every one is equal, .. I just want to know.. HOW DO I RETURN IT ALL.. All my shirts.. My Hats. My Pins... and more importantly my feelings.. .because Now its all a LIE.. and When Walt said that there will "always be a dime coffee at Disney land,,, " I now see that this Dream is over.. that Guess what it was JUST MY IMAGINATION.. and Now the truth has come out.. Disney is not for me and YOU.. its just for the élite. the upper middle class and the ultra Rich.. that when I now dream upon a star.. MY CHECKBOOK MUST BE INVOLVED..
so Kids. Tell me .. where to send my boxes full of LIES.. OF STUFF.. that I have been sold on for 65 years.. . That Annette , and Bobby and Jimmy all weren't there to teach me how to be a good person.. they were there to COLLECT MY MONEY.. and Now they want the BIG PAY OFF...Give me an address.. a person's name.. a place to GIVE ALL THE LIES BACK.. Because Disney now is asking for BLOOD MONEY and they want to squeeze the last dime out of me and YOU.. They had a bad year and now its time , that THEY WANT IT ALL BACK MANY TIMES OVER. and then they are going TO TELL ME TO SHOVE OFF.. because I don't qualify to go to their establishment any more.. WHY .. because I don't have enough money to go there.. WALT AND HIS IDEAS ARE DEAD.. and NOW ITS GREEDSVILLE ...until they find out that the poor schmuck like me . Kept the doors open.. that my minimal spending really got us from a orange grove and a swamp to HERE TODAY.. that all of us collectively , bought in and paid out.. and now we are NO LONGER NEEDED OR ACCORDING TO THE BEAN COUNTERS WANTED>

so GIve me an address.. and then I ask that YOU JOIN ME>. and BOX IT ALL UP AND SEND IT ALL BACK TO THEM.. Pile it on the doorstep and let them CHOKE ON IT>. and tell them that they had better enjoy it.. CUZ IT S THE LAST DIME THEY ARE GETTING FROM ALL OF US...

DISNEY KISS MY GRITS!!!!
Don't forget about the Disney Classifieds - Buy & Sell section here on the forum. You might as well get a few dollars for it all. ;)

JohnD

LOL, one of my all-time favorite TV sitcoms! I still watch reruns often on Antenna TV. Here's a few more:

Anyway, I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Disney World lately, especially with the rising prices, which I completely understand. As for myself, I still love anything WDW, and plan to continue visiting the parks. It's an experience worth paying for!

Thanks. That wasn't me. Just couldn't help sharing "Kiss my Grits!" from Alice. LOL!

yensid67

I understand the OP's feelings, because I feel the same way to an extent! Walt's dream was for Disney Parks be a place where ALL families could come, not just those who can afford it. But they do have the right to increase/decrease prices and offerings. Groceries are going up too are you not going to buy food? These are difficult times and will probably stay this way. We just have to adjust how we save for a Disney trip! For most people, adjusting is just a slight tweak, but for those that are on a limited income, like me(disability), it takes years for me to save to go to Disney World! And I get angry because I can't afford to just plan and go, but the thing that I am choosing to do right now, with how a lot of the offerings aren't there, is to just POSTPONE until a little further down the road...2026! Hopefully by then, the world will be more stable and the prices will be justified with the offerings! I am a former Cast Member(shout out to all former cast--HHEEYY! luv to y'all) and remember when Disney was THE place to go! I remember how it WAS, but now we have accept how it IS today. We can rant and rave, throw a hissy fit about prices and less offerings, but the power is in OUR hands! Disney will not get the message until we all stop buying Disney Products, Disney+, etc. Only when that happens, will Disney rethink any decisions they have made. But until that happens I am still planning my 2026 trip(which will be my last) and make the adjustments to save that I need to make.

mikeanabean

May I ask why? Seriously, and I've asked this before. You have admitted that you don't like the new Disney but you are going again? and you're mad at disney Why?
I;ve asked this before because I've seen this phenomenon before here. folks complain, rant and rave about this new disney and we all know full well that it's not going back to whatever time folks thought it was great. So why are you going back??

I don't go back to restaurants that I think are lousy, I can't imagine going to a vacation spot that I don't get full enjoyment of. I go back for one reason, it is still magical for my family and me, the nanosecond that stops is the nanosecond I vacation elsewhere.
Not only is the money a factor, when I worked I only got so much vacation time so I had to make the most of it. You agree with the original posters, so you are going back with the full opinion that disney now is a rip off? Do you think you will enjoy yourself and it will be worth what you are going to spend?
I will go back to remember the way things were and the fun I had as a kid with my mom and dad. That is why I will go back like I said it will be not as frequently as I use to. I also will have fun but will spend a lot less money. I am not mad with Disney I am disappointed with them and there is a big difference. People on this site like to stir up issues or put words in people’s mouths. I also know opinions are like and everyone has one.

mikeanabean

I understand the OP's feelings, because I feel the same way to an extent! Walt's dream was for Disney Parks be a place where ALL families could come, not just those who can afford it. But they do have the right to increase/decrease prices and offerings. Groceries are going up too are you not going to buy food? These are difficult times and will probably stay this way. We just have to adjust how we save for a Disney trip! For most people, adjusting is just a slight tweak, but for those that are on a limited income, like me(disability), it takes years for me to save to go to Disney World! And I get angry because I can't afford to just plan and go, but the thing that I am choosing to do right now, with how a lot of the offerings aren't there, is to just POSTPONE until a little further down the road...2026! Hopefully by then, the world will be more stable and the prices will be justified with the offerings! I am a former Cast Member(shout out to all former cast--HHEEYY! luv to y'all) and remember when Disney was THE place to go! I remember how it WAS, but now we have accept how it IS today. We can rant and rave, throw a hissy fit about prices and less offerings, but the power is in OUR hands! Disney will not get the message until we all stop buying Disney Products, Disney+, etc. Only when that happens, will Disney rethink any decisions they have made. But until that happens I am still planning my 2026 trip(which will be my last) and make the adjustments to save that I need to mak
Watch out someone might not like your thoughts.

I'm not really sure I understand people saying they are "being priced out". Should I translate that to, "I no longer find enough value to justify the cost"? Sure, there have been some price increases, so of which are going to be optional, but I doubt that those are the tipping point between affordability and not going.

Most of the "I'm not going anymore" posts started with Genie+. An optional $15 per day took the place from the middle class?

Goofyernmost

I'm not really sure I understand people saying they are "being priced out". Should I translate that to, "I no longer find enough value to justify the cost"? Sure, there have been some price increases, so of which are going to be optional, but I doubt that those are the tipping point between affordability and not going.

Most of the "I'm not going anymore" posts started with Genie+. An optional $15 per day took the place from the middle class?
It is very easy to be priced out. I don't understand how you cannot accept that there are many people that HAVE TO live week to week. I would have loved to have stashed money away while I was financing a family of four, but we spent way to much money on frivolous things like food, shelter, transportation, clothing, heating fuel, electricity and taxes to have excess to spend on a wonderful place like Disney. It seems that those that are lucky enough to have excess spendable income are unable to think about less then their personal situation and feel that everyone has the same liquid assets that they have. Common fault, but something that should be considered.

That said, it doesn't have to be Disney that thinks about it. They have a business that has a high demand and the can charge whatever the hell they want too, for now. That is a fact of life but that doesn't eliminate the fact that so many just cannot afford that kind of extra without interfering with necessities. Many do ignore their responsibilities and go, but unless some really nice bit of good luck jumps up and bites them, they will be paying highly for making that move. I took that very chance a few times and got lucky because things did improve in time to make up the difference, but I never for a minute thought that was a sure thing. The I'm not going anymore posts started long before Genie+. It has been a highly charged topic for at least a decade. It just seems like Disney is just charging for everything enough so one has to wonder when the air we breath while there will show up as a credit card charge someday.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

I will go back to remember the way things were and the fun I had as a kid with my mom and dad. That is why I will go back like I said it will be not as frequently as I use to. I also will have fun but will spend a lot less money. I am not mad with Disney I am disappointed with them and there is a big difference. People on this site like to stir up issues or put words in people’s mouths. I also know opinions are like ******** and everyone has one.
May I ask another question. You spend a lot of money to remember the way things were when you went as a child with your parents. With all you know about the changes at Disney do you feel you are setting yourself up to be disappointed??

Wendy Pleakley

It is very easy to be priced out. I don't understand how you cannot accept that there are many people that HAVE TO live week to week. I would have loved to have stashed money away while I was financing a family of four, but we spent way to much money on frivolous things like food, shelter, transportation, clothing, heating fuel, electricity and taxes to have excess to spend on a wonderful place like Disney. It seems that those that are lucky enough to have excess spendable income are unable to think about less then their personal situation and feel that everyone has the same liquid assets that they have. Common fault, but something that should be considered.

That said, it doesn't have to be Disney that thinks about it. They have a business that has a high demand and the can charge whatever the hell they want too, for now. That is a fact of life but that doesn't eliminate the fact that so many just cannot afford that kind of extra without interfering with necessities. Many do ignore their responsibilities and go, but unless some really nice bit of good luck jumps up and bites them, they will be paying highly for making that move. I took that very chance a few times and got lucky because things did improve in time to make up the difference, but I never for a minute thought that was a sure thing. The I'm not going anymore posts started long before Genie+. It has been a highly charged topic for at least a decade. It just seems like Disney is just charging for everything enough so one has to wonder when the air we breath while there will so up as a credit card charge someday.

Of course many people don't have enough money to go to Disney. This has been the case since day one.

Were you concerned about those people when you could afford to go? It has been my observation that the people saying "Disney should be affordable for everyone" actually mean "Disney should be affordable for me".

WDW has limited capacity. Supply and demand will always influence pricing. If Disney were priced to match everyone's budget, they'd have to accommodate over 450,000 people a day, in a hypothetical situation where every American wants to visit WDW or Disneyland for one day each year.

SteveAZee

Perhaps a naïve question:

If you could afford to go to WDW every two years, let's say, and they raise the prices 50% once you're all in (hotel, tickets, food, etc), then instead just go every three years? The example would be if it costs $10K every two years (so saving for, or paying off, the trip is $5k a year) then instead it's $15K every three years is still $5K/year to save or pay off the trip. (I picked the numbers and frequency out of a hat, just the general idea is to go less often as the price goes up).

More just posing the question... I know that what Disney is doing here is a bit more visceral. There are people who simply don't see it worth the money any more, and others who are saying they can't afford it at all. Just wondering about the latter folk.

Michaelson

I'd say that's doable if Disney wasn't such a moving target. What seems workable on a sliding scale as you suggest may not be the right figures in the next few months, or even days! That's what has everyone peeved right now.

Regards! Michaelson

Goofyernmost

Of course many people don't have enough money to go to Disney. This has been the case since day one.

Were you concerned about those people when you could afford to go? It has been my observation that the people saying "Disney should be affordable for everyone" actually mean "Disney should be affordable for me".

WDW has limited capacity. Supply and demand will always influence pricing. If Disney were priced to match everyone's budget, they'd have to accommodate over 450,000 people a day, in a hypothetical situation where every American wants to visit WDW or Disneyland for one day each year.
What point are you arguing? I just supported the idea that Disney didn't have to cater to my needs, but since the parks made us, regardless of financial standing feel in Disney's own words, "you have a friend in me". So many took it personally and are basically in light mourning over the loss of something that was a friend. If you could go back years you will find that it was one of the first to argue the point that since day one at Disneyland there were still individuals and families that could not financially afford to go.

I was doing something that is sadly lacking in our society and that is trying to displaying empathy and upset for those that could enjoy the parks for many years and now cannot. Of course everyone one, at least those that have experienced the place would like it to be affordable to them. Why wouldn't they? Some of us were going there well before many of the current guests were even born. Now we are blocked out. It is just one of many things that make life unfair quite often, your day might come, so don't think you are immune to it. Disney has created more then one park, so not all 450,000 will be attending the same one. Everyone being able to afford to go doesn't mean everyone of those people want to go at all. Now if they all wanted to go there on the same day, that might be a problem.

That said, it doesn't have to be Disney that thinks about it. They have a business that has a high demand and the can charge whatever the hell they want too, for now. That is a fact of life but that doesn't eliminate the fact that so many just cannot afford that kind of extra without interfering with necessities. Many do ignore their responsibilities and go, but unless some really nice bit of good luck jumps up and bites them, they will be paying highly for making that move. I took that very chance a few times and got lucky because things did improve in time to make up the difference, but I never for a minute thought that was a sure thing. The I'm not going anymore posts started long before Genie+. It has been a highly charged topic for at least a decade. It just seems like Disney is just charging for everything enough so one has to wonder when the air we breath while there will so up as a credit card charge someday.
And if you were just getting by, living week to week, as you stated ,I doubt you were going to be able to go, even before any of the announced increases.

Goofyernmost

And if you were just getting by, living week to week, as you stated ,I doubt you were going to be able to go, even before any of the announced increases.
Finish reading, I did over extend a couple of times but got lucky that I had unexpected increases in income after. I wasn't expecting it I just got lucky.

mikeanabean

May I ask another question. You spend a lot of money to remember the way things were when you went as a child with your parents. With all you know about the changes at Disney do you feel you are setting yourself up to be disappointed??
The Memories matter more to me. I am not a fan of the changes And like I said the future visits will be less frequent and I will spend less.

drizgirl

You didn't ask me, but I still want to comment on this. For many, it's a matter of 2 tough choices. Either go and be disappointed with the changes, or not go and be disappointed to lose touch with all that nostalgia and connections to their past. There isn't a winning answer, and it's not as easy as "just don't go", as many like to throw around (not you, I appreciate that you asked instead of just throwing that out).

I think the PP is making the best of it all by going less and spending less when they're there, but still getting a dose of the memories.

eliza61nyc

You didn't ask me, but I still want to comment on this. For many, it's a matter of 2 tough choices. Either go and be disappointed with the changes, or not go and be disappointed to lose touch with all that nostalgia and connections to their past. There isn't a winning answer, and it's not as easy as "just don't go", as many like to throw around (not you, I appreciate that you asked instead of just throwing that out).

I think the PP is making the best of it all by going less and spending less when they're there, but still getting a dose of the memories.
I get that and definitely agree it some times can be a tough choice.
I guess my word of caution is that "memories" should never supplant reality, at least in my opinion. I have wonderful memories of my childhood block in NYC but now the block unfortunately degraded and is crime ridden. Do I keep living there, keep my children there based on some wonderful old memories?

So I guess my caution is, remember that we are making memories now, and if you are going to any vacation place and you feel it's ripping you off or that what you are getting is not worth it. sooner or later those old memories get wrapped up in bitterness.
That's the vibe from many here. They are on a disney fan site and some posters have nothing good to say about Disney except how glorious it was back 20 years ago.

It's just me, my vacation time is to valuable to intentionally go somewhere that is not going to make me happy. Some times I do also think people return because it's easy and familiar. I definitely feel that very soon Disney will cost too much for me to justify it. I'm already mentally preparing that I'm winding down. Im retired now and really can't blow money on some place where I'm not assured of having a great time.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom