Disney World can Kiss my grits...

pirategal

And yet, you are apparently thinking putting stuff inside the box.

Seriously though the OP didn't sound like they were joking. They are actually very angry and saddened that so many people have now been left out of what for years was a must do for us. I can no longer justify going financially. Even though I had managed to put some money away over the years, the high cost of actually living has made it so I am afraid of spending that much money anymore on an experience that is no longer the fun and adventure that it once was, period.

Make fun of that if you like, it doesn't change anything. The place that I used to happily anticipate going to for 38 years is no longer affordable. The place that I once used to daydream about, isn't even a slight desire anymore. The place that had me hooked enough to be part of a local group that met in Mall food courts and even Disney Stores, to just sit around and talk about our experiences as Disney Fans. The place that I used to spend time trying to figure out a way to be connected with to the point where I took classes in travel agency work put on by Accent Travel. The place that made me think about doing seminars on just WDW trips and promoting them to people that still thought "it was just for kids", has died just like so many of my other friends have. It is depressing to know that your one indisputable escape is no longer available to you. So for those of you that think that this particular emotion is something to make jokes about, well I hope you enjoy getting fleeced, you are now going to have to supply all the money that us little guys once spent. You're on your own. Enjoy!
đź‘Ź

CAV

with the announcement of the new Disney GREEDY... and the end of the Magical express and all the rest of the End of the Mickey Mouse Club rules and learning to be fair , tell the truth and Every one is equal, .. I just want to know.. HOW DO I RETURN IT ALL.. All my shirts.. My Hats. My Pins... and more importantly my feelings.. .because Now its all a LIE.. and When Walt said that there will "always be a dime coffee at Disney land,,, " I now see that this Dream is over.. that Guess what it was JUST MY IMAGINATION.. and Now the truth has come out.. Disney is not for me and YOU.. its just for the Ă©lite. the upper middle class and the ultra Rich.. that when I now dream upon a star.. MY CHECKBOOK MUST BE INVOLVED..
so Kids. Tell me .. where to send my boxes full of LIES.. OF STUFF.. that I have been sold on for 65 years.. . That Annette , and Bobby and Jimmy all weren't there to teach me how to be a good person.. they were there to COLLECT MY MONEY.. and Now they want the BIG PAY OFF...Give me an address.. a person's name.. a place to GIVE ALL THE LIES BACK.. Because Disney now is asking for BLOOD MONEY and they want to squeeze the last dime out of me and YOU.. They had a bad year and now its time , that THEY WANT IT ALL BACK MANY TIMES OVER. and then they are going TO TELL ME TO SHOVE OFF.. because I don't qualify to go to their establishment any more.. WHY .. because I don't have enough money to go there.. WALT AND HIS IDEAS ARE DEAD.. and NOW ITS GREEDSVILLE ...until they find out that the poor schmuck like me . Kept the doors open.. that my minimal spending really got us from a orange grove and a swamp to HERE TODAY.. that all of us collectively , bought in and paid out.. and now we are NO LONGER NEEDED OR ACCORDING TO THE BEAN COUNTERS WANTED>

so GIve me an address.. and then I ask that YOU JOIN ME>. and BOX IT ALL UP AND SEND IT ALL BACK TO THEM.. Pile it on the doorstep and let them CHOKE ON IT>. and tell them that they had better enjoy it.. CUZ IT S THE LAST DIME THEY ARE GETTING FROM ALL OF US...

DISNEY KISS MY GRITS!!!!
The only thing that should be returned is the money spent teaching you how to write. That money was wasted. I couldn't get past the first 20 words, or so.

mikeanabean

I have to agree with the OP. The place where I went as a kid and early adulthood is gone and replaced by a cash machine. Will I continue to go ,the answer is yes but less and less frequently and spending less cause I am getting less. Disney has made it clear they don't want the people who go regularly cause we don't spend enough but they fail to realize we are their biggest asset. One person cannot make a difference with this place.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
with the announcement of the new Disney GREEDY... and the end of the Magical express and all the rest of the End of the Mickey Mouse Club rules and learning to be fair , tell the truth and Every one is equal, .. I just want to know.. HOW DO I RETURN IT ALL.. All my shirts.. My Hats. My Pins... and more importantly my feelings.. .because Now its all a LIE.. and When Walt said that there will "always be a dime coffee at Disney land,,, " I now see that this Dream is over.. that Guess what it was JUST MY IMAGINATION.. and Now the truth has come out.. Disney is not for me and YOU.. its just for the Ă©lite. the upper middle class and the ultra Rich.. that when I now dream upon a star.. MY CHECKBOOK MUST BE INVOLVED..
so Kids. Tell me .. where to send my boxes full of LIES.. OF STUFF.. that I have been sold on for 65 years.. . That Annette , and Bobby and Jimmy all weren't there to teach me how to be a good person.. they were there to COLLECT MY MONEY.. and Now they want the BIG PAY OFF...Give me an address.. a person's name.. a place to GIVE ALL THE LIES BACK.. Because Disney now is asking for BLOOD MONEY and they want to squeeze the last dime out of me and YOU.. They had a bad year and now its time , that THEY WANT IT ALL BACK MANY TIMES OVER. and then they are going TO TELL ME TO SHOVE OFF.. because I don't qualify to go to their establishment any more.. WHY .. because I don't have enough money to go there.. WALT AND HIS IDEAS ARE DEAD.. and NOW ITS GREEDSVILLE ...until they find out that the poor schmuck like me . Kept the doors open.. that my minimal spending really got us from a orange grove and a swamp to HERE TODAY.. that all of us collectively , bought in and paid out.. and now we are NO LONGER NEEDED OR ACCORDING TO THE BEAN COUNTERS WANTED>

so GIve me an address.. and then I ask that YOU JOIN ME>. and BOX IT ALL UP AND SEND IT ALL BACK TO THEM.. Pile it on the doorstep and let them CHOKE ON IT>. and tell them that they had better enjoy it.. CUZ IT S THE LAST DIME THEY ARE GETTING FROM ALL OF US...

DISNEY KISS MY GRITS!!!!

It's.....not that serious.

Disney Analyst

Just going to give my two-cents cause… why not?

And full disclosure. If I travel to the parks it would just be myself and my partner, so if we decided to purchase Genie+ only looking at $30 a day. Quite frankly this is one of the reasons I do not want kids, as everything becomes more expensive.

Okay on to my two-cents.

Disney has become more and more expensive. I recall when Disneyland raised their ticket to $56 in 2005 for the 50th and there was sheer panic. It’s only gone up and up.

I can understand if you feel the value is now gone, especially for those who stayed on property… but if $15 a day, per person, makes it unaffordable all of a sudden, I truly believe you already didn’t have the cushion you needed to be going to a Disney park as they are in the 2020’s.

Everyone can spend their money as they see fit, but for an already expensive trip, you should be able to afford some wiggle room, and if not you should be looking at other destinations. The analogy I look at is people who get a mortgage that’s at the top of their limit. They then have no wiggle room, and if something goes wrong, no cushion to fall on.

It’s a sad reality, but sometimes we can’t afford everything. Or sometimes it means we need to save up a bit longer to have the experience we want. The truth of the matter is, everything is getting more expensive everywhere, and that’s not looking like it will stop.

I just hope you can find a new happy place, within your budget, if you truly are done with the parks.

Lilofan

Just going to give my two-cents cause… why not?

And full disclosure. If I travel to the parks it would just be myself and my partner, so if we decided to purchase Genie+ only looking at $30 a day. Quite frankly this is one of the reasons I do not want kids, as everything becomes more expensive.

Okay on to my two-cents.

Disney has become more and more expensive. I recall when Disneyland raised their ticket to $56 in 2005 for the 50th and there was sheer panic. It’s only gone up and up.

I can understand if you feel the value is now gone, especially for those who stayed on property… but if $15 a day, per person, makes it unaffordable all of a sudden, I truly believe you already didn’t have the cushion you needed to be going to a Disney park as they are in the 2020’s.

Everyone can spend their money as they see fit, but for an already expensive trip, you should be able to afford some wiggle room, and if not you should be looking at other destinations. The analogy I look at is people who get a mortgage that’s at the top of their limit. They then have no wiggle room, and if something goes wrong, no cushion to fall on.

It’s a sad reality, but sometimes we can’t afford everything. Or sometimes it means we need to save up a bit longer to have the experience we want. The truth of the matter is, everything is getting more expensive everywhere, and that’s not looking like it will stop.

I just hope you can find a new happy place, within your budget, if you truly are done with the parks.
Vacations are expensive. For me to afford them, I save, invest and cut out other discretionary expenses and then I have a little nest egg to enjoy my vacation more effectively.

eliza61nyc

I have to agree with the OP. The place where I went as a kid and early adulthood is gone and replaced by a cash machine. Will I continue to go ,the answer is yes but less and less frequently and spending less cause I am getting less. Disney has made it clear they don't want the people who go regularly cause we don't spend enough but they fail to realize we are their biggest asset. One person cannot make a difference with ths place.
May I ask why? Seriously, and I've asked this before. You have admitted that you don't like the new Disney but you are going again? and you're mad at disney Why?
I;ve asked this before because I've seen this phenomenon before here. folks complain, rant and rave about this new disney and we all know full well that it's not going back to whatever time folks thought it was great. So why are you going back??

I don't go back to restaurants that I think are lousy, I can't imagine going to a vacation spot that I don't get full enjoyment of. I go back for one reason, it is still magical for my family and me, the nanosecond that stops is the nanosecond I vacation elsewhere.
Not only is the money a factor, when I worked I only got so much vacation time so I had to make the most of it. You agree with the original posters, so you are going back with the full opinion that disney now is a rip off? Do you think you will enjoy yourself and it will be worth what you are going to spend?

erasure fan1

May I ask why? Seriously, and I've asked this before. You have admitted that you don't like the new Disney but you are going again? and you're mad at disney Why?
I;ve asked this before because I've seen this phenomenon before here. folks complain, rant and rave about this new disney and we all know full well that it's not going back to whatever time folks thought it was great. So why are you going back??
Because that is the power of the nostalgia factor. And it is 100% what Disney is counting on. People still showing up, no matter what they charge or take away. But are they creating that nostalgia for a new generation? Time will tell, and if they aren't. That is where they will have some real issues. It is a slippery slope for sure.

drizgirl

Because that is the power of the nostalgia factor. And it is 100% what Disney is counting on. People still showing up, no matter what they charge or take away. But are they creating that nostalgia for a new generation? Time will tell, and if they aren't. That is where they will have some real issues. It is a slippery slope for sure.
I don't believe they are doing a good job of creating that nostalgia for a new generation. And I agree it's going to be a huge problem. I do believe USO will have that working for them with the Nintendo property though.

We all shared sitting down with Walt on Sunday evening to watch The Wonderful World of Disney. Everything now has little pockets of shared experience, but not that one central thing. I think Nintendo could be that for many.

John park hopper

Talk about nostalgia I grew up on Disney --rushing home after playing outside to watch the original Mickey Moue club in the afternoon, going to the movies to see Disney movies, watching the Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday night. Talking mom into letting my brother and me cook hotdogs in the fireplace while watching. Going to WDW when it was first opened. taking my boys for the first time to WDW in the late 80's. My granddaughters I don't think they will have that same feeling for Disney as they grow older.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Oh I don't think it's a slippery slope at all. Look at folks here. Some posters are living off of memories from 20-30 years ago. Still talking about how great Disney was in the 80's and still going even though their last 3-4 trips were lousy
At what point do the complaints ring hollow??

WallyWorld

I think most of the nostalgic feelings for Disney the destination/entertainment company are attached to enjoying it with family/friends. Your granddaughters will remember it for having done it with you.

John park hopper

I think most of the nostalgic feelings for Disney the destination/entertainment company are attached to enjoying it with family/friends. Your granddaughters will remember it for having done it with you.
Yes they will but the desire to repeatedly go back to WDW may not be there as there are so many other different vacations and activities they are doing ---time will tell

Lilofan

Yes they will but the desire to repeatedly go back to WDW may not be there as there are so many other different vacations and activities they are doing ---time will tell
Many have reasons to go or not to go. Some I know that get stressed out in the real world go to WDW to decompress and enjoy. Others who have a terminal illness have a dream and some make a reality to visit WDW before they die.

GimpYancIent

I too grew up on Disney. I feel I have been fortunate to have visited as much as I have, my children and now my grand children. I also feel a loss has occurred over time of uniqueness, being distinctly special and not just the average amusement park. The grandchildren are the future and I listen to them. I hear that was fun but I do not hear do we have to leave or can we stay more. I have been asked can we do something else and can we go some where else. Simply the nostalgia is not fading it has faded. Even old geezers like me have lost that urge to go back simply what was there that made it special is just not there any more. For those that see it as just another vacations spot, you are correct, that is what it now is Just Another Vacation Spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom