Disney World can Kiss my grits...

donaldtoo

Then we'll package within a package. The first one goes to the assistant with a real cash tip and a message saying something like "put this on chapeks desk". The package within that one will contain the special delivery from our cat / dog made especially for him.

Come on man think outside the box!

Since he dishes out so much of it, I’m pretty sure he’s his own crap detector…..if it happens to “accidentally” get past any of his minions…. 💩

79B62249-52F1-4ED9-A0C3-A41DC627B5D7.gif

CaptinEO

with the announcement of the new Disney GREEDY... and the end of the Magical express and all the rest of the End of the Mickey Mouse Club rules and learning to be fair , tell the truth and Every one is equal, .. I just want to know.. HOW DO I RETURN IT ALL.. All my shirts.. My Hats. My Pins... and more importantly my feelings.. .because Now its all a LIE.. and When Walt said that there will "always be a dime coffee at Disney land,,, " I now see that this Dream is over.. that Guess what it was JUST MY IMAGINATION.. and Now the truth has come out.. Disney is not for me and YOU.. its just for the élite. the upper middle class and the ultra Rich.. that when I now dream upon a star.. MY CHECKBOOK MUST BE INVOLVED..
so Kids. Tell me .. where to send my boxes full of LIES.. OF STUFF.. that I have been sold on for 65 years.. . That Annette , and Bobby and Jimmy all weren't there to teach me how to be a good person.. they were there to COLLECT MY MONEY.. and Now they want the BIG PAY OFF...Give me an address.. a person's name.. a place to GIVE ALL THE LIES BACK.. Because Disney now is asking for BLOOD MONEY and they want to squeeze the last dime out of me and YOU.. They had a bad year and now its time , that THEY WANT IT ALL BACK MANY TIMES OVER. and then they are going TO TELL ME TO SHOVE OFF.. because I don't qualify to go to their establishment any more.. WHY .. because I don't have enough money to go there.. WALT AND HIS IDEAS ARE DEAD.. and NOW ITS GREEDSVILLE ...until they find out that the poor schmuck like me . Kept the doors open.. that my minimal spending really got us from a orange grove and a swamp to HERE TODAY.. that all of us collectively , bought in and paid out.. and now we are NO LONGER NEEDED OR ACCORDING TO THE BEAN COUNTERS WANTED>

so GIve me an address.. and then I ask that YOU JOIN ME>. and BOX IT ALL UP AND SEND IT ALL BACK TO THEM.. Pile it on the doorstep and let them CHOKE ON IT>. and tell them that they had better enjoy it.. CUZ IT S THE LAST DIME THEY ARE GETTING FROM ALL OF US...

DISNEY KISS MY GRITS!!!!
Chapek and Iger can't take away from my love of past Disney or past merchandise.

Just like despite what Disney does to Star Wars, it doesn't change my enjoyment of the original unaltered trilogy.

Keep your stuff. You bought it cause you liked it and it's a memory of that time.

CaptinEO

Well let's put it this way. I last went in July 2019 and I'm going in a few days and this will be the longest time away from a Disney park since I started going in 1988.
Its kinda in my DNA as I did go in the womb in 1985.
I have 4 Disney tattoos and looking to get more. So Disney is not just in my mind and heart but on my body.
I also haven't gone anywhere else since my last trip. Of course much of that has to do with Covid but I could have gone places and have chosen to not spend my money.
I've been to Europe twice and Hawaii once. Disney World tops those.
I can't say that I'd never have a good vacation but its unlikely I'd have a GREAT vacation anywhere else.
But you also have to consider I'm not the person complaining.
But I think you should disassociate the company from what you actually enjoy.

You like theme parks/ themed entertainment? Plenty of great options all around the world.

Animated films? Lots of great ones to discover, Studio Ghibli's makes beautiful films with incredible animation, and don't make movies that are about telling potty jokes to kids.

Lots of great things out there. You like experiences not brands. Go find more providers of these experiences.

donaldtoo

so let me ask you a question. If Disney shut down you would never have another good vacation again? you would not be a happy person?

Although this question wasn’t directed at me, I hope you don’t mind if I answer anyway…
Disney is one of my earliest memories.
We watched the TV shows “Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color” and “The Wonderful World of Disney”, we watched Disney movies (many at drive-ins), we lived in No Cal from ‘68-‘76 and went to Disneyland a few times (the first time in ‘68 when I was 6 years old).DWifey and myself honeymooned at WDW in Dec. of ‘88, our first family trip was with our 3 kiddos in ‘01, and we’ve taken several trips with them since, including for oldest DDs Sweet 16, her getting engaged in front of the castle on the morning of her 21st birthday, and the most recent trip being inspired by same DD, where we flew into MCO on the morning of 10/29/19 and flew back home later that night, just so our then 1-year-old granddaughter could spend her first ever day in MK…!!!!!!! :joyfull::hilarious:
Most every book I own is a Disney-related book…books on Imagineering, animation, Walt biographies, etc.
I love Disney and my Disney memories made with my loved ones.
But, all of the above being said, Disney isn’t nearly the be all end all of my life, or of any of my family.
We recently decided to cancel a planned November WDW trip with the above mentioned granddaughter and her new lil’ sis’, because of current trends, and are now looking forward to a 10-day trip to Europe in ‘22, God willing.
In the fortunate amount of life I have had on this earth, I also have sooo many great memories from other adventures.
I’ve been from the west coast to the east coast of this great country. We did many Texas Coast beach trips when our kiddos were younger (and one with both granddaughters just a coupla’ weeks ago), along with other trips to SeaWorld San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, impromptu trips we did to the San Antonio Zoo, etc.
We’ve taken 3 (non-Disney) Southern Caribbean cruises and had an absolute BLAST…!!!!!!! :joyfull:
I woke up early almost every morning to view the sunrise from our veranda/balcony, and was at such peace. A feeling I cannot even describe properly.
The point being, and maybe a bit Disney ironic…?! ;)

A14E745C-DF85-4617-AB7F-281D91505B8E.jpeg

bjlc57

Original Poster
At the end of they day you paid for things and experiences and accepted the prices. Things change for the worse sometimes, but Disney doesn't owe us anything. There is no contract between Disney and guests that they'll meet a certain threshold of value now and forever.

So many people have bought into the Disney marketing machine that sells an ideal, a fantasy.

As much as many of us love Disney, we have to realize that Disney doesn't love us back.
WOW THERE YOU GO>. the KEY LINE>. and I do know this and I try to practice this.. DO NOT LOVE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT LOVE YOU BACK.. and Right now.. and especially more with the pricing.. DISNEY DOES NOT LOVE US BACK.. all they love IS OUR WALLETS..

SpoiledBlueMilk

WOW THERE YOU GO>. the KEY LINE>. and I do know this and I try to practice this.. DO NOT LOVE SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT LOVE YOU BACK.. and Right now.. and especially more with the pricing.. DISNEY DOES NOT LOVE US BACK.. all they love IS OUR WALLETS..
If you're looking for love from a corporation - no matter what they're selling - you're looking in the wrong place.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

You like theme parks/ themed entertainment? Plenty of great options all around the world.

Animated films? Lots of great ones to discover, Studio Ghibli's makes beautiful films with incredible animation, and don't make movies that are about telling potty jokes to kids.

Lots of great things out there. You like experiences not brands. Go find more providers of these experiences.

I like DISNEY... and I have no issue with Disney.... I've been to other theme parks, I've watched other movies. I always come back to Disney...

bjlc57

Original Poster
let me ask you this.. .you pay all your money to go to WDW.. Now you are standing out in front of Ride of Resistance ' ( the new Star wars Ride) are you going to pay UP TO $50 a person times say a family of four , JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE? what happens if you have 4 kids? do you pick which ones deserve to go and which ones' not? and How do you justify dumping an EXTRA $200 bucks when you have already shelled out in upwards of $4000 just to on the trip? Disney world was not built for the rich and famous.. it was Built for everyone.. and if you say that "walt is dead" ..then CHANGE THE NAME to EIGER LAND OR CEPAK LAND.. and see how it sells.. This was a place where everyone still can be a kid.. not any more.. Now its everyone be a banker.. The Reverse of MARY POPPINS.. That's what Disney is selling now..

graphite1326

And yet, you are apparently thinking putting stuff inside the box.

Seriously though the OP didn't sound like they were joking. They are actually very angry and saddened that so many people have now been left out of what for years was a must do for us. I can no longer justify going financially. Even though I had managed to put some money away over the years, the high cost of actually living has made it so I am afraid of spending that much money anymore on an experience that is no longer the fun and adventure that it once was, period.

Make fun of that if you like, it doesn't change anything. The place that I used to happily anticipate going to for 38 years is no longer affordable. The place that I once used to daydream about, isn't even a slight desire anymore. The place that had me hooked enough to be part of a local group that met in Mall food courts and even Disney Stores, to just sit around and talk about our experiences as Disney Fans. The place that I used to spend time trying to figure out a way to be connected with to the point where I took classes in travel agency work put on by Accent Travel. The place that made me think about doing seminars on just WDW trips and promoting them to people that still thought "it was just for kids", has died just like so many of my other friends have. It is depressing to know that your one indisputable escape is no longer available to you. So for those of you that think that this particular emotion is something to make jokes about, well I hope you enjoy getting fleeced, you are now going to have to supply all the money that us little guys once spent. You're on your own. Enjoy!
I agree with you. You put it well.

graphite1326

So you're mad that you're not unlimited wealthy??
We purchased our dvc knowing full well that, at the time meant giving up a lot of other things, that was a choice, it means nothing else.

Are you serious?? There are plenty of things I cannot afford. Why does everyone here feel that they are entitled to afford whatever they want. Lol I would love a beachfront property in Miami, guess what unless miracles occur it ain't happening. I usually have crabs a lot during the summer this summer not a one. The cost of those treats are out of my budget. Does that mean some evil crab executive is too blame? Nope it means I can't afford it. Plain and simple

Now I don't remember this magical time when Disney was cheap and everyone could go, personally I remember my parents complaining about the cost plenty so sorry I think it's selective memory.

There are always going to be folks financially better than me, there are always folks who are going to be financially worse than me. Sorry I will admit, this anger because someone can afford something I can't ESPECIALLY something as trivial as wdw. Health insurance yes?? College tuition check, cost of decent housing? I'll lead the revolution. Going to a fake large playground?? Nah.
Well I can't afford the things you can't afford as well as the DVC. I couldn't even think about owning a DVC even if I went wthout. You getting it now?

eliza61nyc

let me ask you this.. .you pay all your money to go to WDW.. Now you are standing out in front of Ride of Resistance ' ( the new Star wars Ride) are you going to pay UP TO $50 a person times say a family of four , JUST TO RIDE ONE RIDE? what happens if you have 4 kids? do you pick which ones deserve to go and which ones' not? and How do you justify dumping an EXTRA $200 bucks when you have already shelled out in upwards of $4000 just to on the trip? Disney world was not built for the rich and famous.. it was Built for everyone.. and if you say that "walt is dead" ..then CHANGE THE NAME to EIGER LAND OR CEPAK LAND.. and see how it sells.. This was a place where everyone still can be a kid.. not any more.. Now its everyone be a banker.. The Reverse of MARY POPPINS.. That's what Disney is selling now..
Here's a petition from the rumor thread

graphite1326

You are right. I will go to my local park, Knoebles. But they have a pay to ride system also. BUT, parking is free and there is no admission fee.

eliza61nyc

Well I can't afford the things you can't afford as well as the DVC. I couldn't even think about owning a DVC even if I went wthout. You getting it now?
Of course, I just don't agree that a company owes me a vacation at the price I think I should pay or the price I paid 20 years ago.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
But you like what Disney used to be, not what they are now. Why not find the nearest equivalent to what Disney used to be?

Um I think you are confusing me with another poster.
I'm not the one complaining about change.
I like what Disney was and IS.
I do not need or want something else.
I'm the one that tells people if they don't like it anymore they should move onto something else.
Personally I still like Disney....

Goofyernmost

All good. I've never been one to feel that a company owes me any thing based on some time in the long ago past.
My concerns are pretty much the same as the average Joe/ Jane, I too am retired and have to make the best decision I can to make it for the next 40 years. Lol I currently have a 101 yo, 95 yo and 92 year old aunt so longevity seems to run in my female gene.
I laugh though, some times it seems like folks are under the impression that if you can afford a Disney vacation or DVC you are some how rolling with Oprah Winfrey or Warren Buffett and don't have the same struggles. If only!!
I continue to go for one reason and one reason only, I still think it's worth what I am asked to pay and since vacations come out of the "extras" budget, along with eating out, theater and any other fun stuff we do, I take care of essentials first. When that is no longer the case I won't go.

I apologize your right I've never been one to get depressed about not being able to go to Disney and not because of being able to afford it, they have been tons of times we've said " maybe next time " because of finances, more because I try to live by being content. I was content when I was broke and in times of plenty.
What I hope I don't do is become a person that feels Disney "owes" me anything.
Now for me, after losing my husband at 50, my brother at 55 and battling cancer, yeah I do see a disconnect.
Happy trials everyone wherever you land
Where did anyone say that Disney owed us anything except the value of what they charge. I don't understand why you feel that people should not feel saddened and angry that something that they really loved is taken away, regardless of whether or not it is not an unlawful or none ethical thing to do. That doesn't even enter into it. I can't go anymore unless I am diagnosed with a terminal illness and I no longer have to worry about having enough money to not be eating Alpo for three meals a day. That saddens me and angers me on many different levels which I have been unable to explain to you. So lets just agree to disagree. You aren't understanding how feelings, or emotions work, so lets just say that I am sad that I can't go anymore. That shouldn't be an unreasonable statement that you need to defend Disney over. Have you looked at the cost of the Genie+ proposal. $15 a day for things we once got as part of admission. It isn't even high enough to change anything. The old FP lines will be even bigger, the holdups for standby will get longer and the wallet of the Walt Disney Co. will swell exponentially.

If you want to think about how much money that is going to cost you semi-wealthy folk, think of this... In setting the rate so low comparatively ($15) that doesn't sound like much so it will not decrease the numbers using the fast line (whatever they call it, I forget). Now imagine all those people driving cars to the resorts or parks especially now that they are going to end the magic prison bus from the airport. Imagine just that $25 per day per car and see if you can grasp how much money that is. Now imagine that in those thousands of cars there have 6 family members per car and they are going to get the genie+ pass . Parking total $25 per day. Genie+ total 6 X $15 = $90 per day add up the two and you have $115 per day with absolutely no change in what was spent by them for your enjoyment. They just charged you on a 7 day trip, just for an example, and additional $805 a week and on top of that they no longer have to pay for the bus that would have eliminated the need for the cost of transportation to the resort. No there is nothing illegal about it, but if you can't see why that would make loyal long time fans angry, than you aren't trying very hard.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom