Disney World and Videogames

Raychul

Original Poster
**Not sure where to post this so feel free to move it :)**

Me and my boyfriend are both videogame journalists and on our recent trip to Disney World we couldn't help but notice that a lot of Disney park guests (both adults and kids) and their behavior reminded us of videogame characters. So we wrote an article about our observations while at the Happiest Place on Earth.

I thought some of you, especially the gamers out there, might find this amusing...http://www.gamegirl.com/article/104329/disney-world-and-videogames-7-stereotypes/

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Id have a field day if I did something like that with all the lazy idiots we ran into, no wait that ran into us.

EpcotServo

I was surprised to see all the Cast Members had exclamation points over their heads the other day.

Either they had missions for me, or Solid Snake was creeping around somewhere.

Gorjus

Me and my boyfriend are both videogame journalists and on our recent trip to Disney World .....

Really? You're a journalist and you wrote the above line: "Me and my boyfriend..." How about "My boyfriend and I..."?

I mean, that is one of the easier rules to remember. It isn't like remembering what a participle is and remembering not to dangle it. You wouldn't say "Me am a videogame journalist" You would say "I am a videogame journalist." Therefore, the phrase is "My boyfriend and I".

There is your grammar lesson for the day.

Raychul

Original Poster
Really? You're a journalist and you wrote the above line: "Me and my boyfriend..." How about "My boyfriend and I..."?

I mean, that is one of the easier rules to remember. It isn't like remembering what a participle is and remembering not to dangle it. You wouldn't say "Me am a videogame journalist" You would say "I am a videogame journalist." Therefore, the phrase is "My boyfriend and I".

Hahaha, true, but I am not in "work mode" when I am browsing forums for fun. Not to mention that I write about videogames, the industry is not what you would call, "grammar nazi's". I actually get paid to not have polished writing, I get paid to make my writing sound as if I am talking a friend...not my English teacher. :)

Hrudey3032

I is good.
Og like cake.
grunt

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom