Disney World and the NBA

Lilofan

Advertisement
Don't really understand why not one hotel for all. (I do but I'm trying to be nice). On the flip side, at least the MLS is staying in one location.
MLS salaried are very extreme. The players on each team that sit the bench average $50-60K a year while the 2-3 top players in the team earn between $1-4 million a year. There was a story of the famous David Beckham when playing for the LA Galaxy was supposed to pay for the team dinner in a restaurant. He refused to pay for the team.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Don't really understand why not one hotel for all. (I do but I'm trying to be nice). On the flip side, at least the MLS is staying in one location.

If they used only Coronado, they'd be using rooms outside the tower which aren't very luxe and are very motel-ish (some doors and windows face parking lots).

While Coronado has convention space, don't know if it can handle 22 separate lounges, meetings rooms, make-shift gyms, etc... for each team.

Also, by dividing them into three groups, then groups that are initially playing against one another are living with one another. This helps to limit the spread of any possible infection.

Rteetz

If they used only Coronado, they'd be using rooms outside the tower which aren't very luxe and are very motel-ish (some doors and windows face parking lots).

While Coronado has convention space, don't know if it can handle 22 separate lounges, meetings rooms, make-shift gyms, etc... for each team.

Also, by dividing them into three groups, then groups that are initially playing against one another are living with one another. This helps to limit the spread of any possible infection.
And then of course after teams are eliminated they can consolidate.

With this resort assignment news, I've seen multiple articles asserting that Gran Destino Tower is the nicest hotel on property. And NBA fans are already making fun of the teams staying at the Yacht Club.

I bet CSR management doesn't mind!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
With this resort assignment news, I've seen multiple articles asserting that Gran Destino Tower is the nicest hotel on property. And NBA fans are already making fun of the teams staying at the Yacht Club.

I bet CSR management doesn't mind!

Well... newer is better!*

*Except at Riviera at which beds randomly fall on you.

dizneycrazy09

If it becomes a done deal and they still need the tower then expect to be relocated.

I’m not super concerned about being relocated; I’m more concerned with being cancelled altogether. Do you think relocation is more likely than straight out cancellation?

Edit* Especially because our room is a travel agent discounted room.

Prince Thomas

I’m not super concerned about being relocated; I’m more concerned with being cancelled altogether. Do you think relocation is more likely than straight out cancellation?
They are not going to cancel us at all! They are going to upgrade us to a deluxe resort. I’ve been on the phone with WDW reservations many times at this point and they’ve all said the same thing. They will never cancel. Only upgrade.

Dave B

So the NBA players are staying at Gran Destino, Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club, but regular guests can stay at the Beach Club Resort, how are they going to keep the normal guest separated from the NBA players, when it is essentially one large resort, I can see some bad things happening in this scenario at the Beach and Yacht Club

peter11435

So the NBA players are staying at Gran Destino, Grand Floridian and the Yacht Club, but regular guests can stay at the Beach Club Resort, how are they going to keep the normal guest separated from the NBA players, when it is essentially one large resort, I can see some bad things happening in this scenario at the Beach and Yacht Club
Remember the “beach club” Will not be open. The beach club villas will be open and some limited venues within the beach club will be open. There will be very few regular guests.

Dave B

Remember the “beach club” Will not be open. The beach club villas will be open and some limited venues within the beach club will be open. There will be very few regular guests.
I was not aware of that part, Thank You, should make it a little better, but I can't believe they didn't just put the NBA in both resorts

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom