News Disney World and the NBA

zero creativity

Original Poster

TrainChasers

Advertisement
It doesn’t matter which hotel they choose... riding a bus between a hotel and espn will be the same situation no matter what.

Other than that.. the article does make some sense. We shall see what happens.

jinx8402

Many obstacles for it to happen, which I think is ultimately unlikely to happen. But 3 things we do know:

1. NBA has been exploring ways to resume their season in some fashion (no crowd, in a single location, etc)
2. Florida has stated sports are "essential" and can operate if no public crowds (hello WWE)
3. Disney could use some sort of cash flow, which hosting something like this could help with

seascape

It doesn’t matter which hotel they choose... riding a bus between a hotel and espn will be the same situation no matter what.

Other than that.. the article does make some sense. We shall see what happens.
The busses can be for exclusive use by the NBA. If the resort is booked exclusively by and for the NBA, there should be no problem.

jinx8402

Correct. I was saying it won’t make a difference which on-property resorts were used. The article acted like resorts closest to ESPN would make more sense.
Yeah, there is no way NBA players, coaches and whatever executives are there would be staying at a value resort. At a minimum the moderates or even something like Swan & Dolphin (even though those aren't Disney owned). I don't think to those who are used to higher end accommodations would prefer the value hotels just because it has a 10 minute less drive to the playing location.

HouCuseChickie

I read it and still think the Four Seasons would be a better fit if they were to seriously consider this for the NBA. Obviously, we have no idea when and how the resorts/parks will open to regular guests, but I can't see some of those egos being OK with any of the resorts noted.

jinx8402

Except all the problems the former CM dreaming about his old boss didn't mention in the article.

It's not a well researched article
Well, first I don't think it was a rumor that he was reporting on. Just his thoughts being an NBA fan/reporter and making a case for WDW and why it could be a venue just as much as Las Vegas.

That said, I wonder what Bob Iger being on a phone conference with the NBA today would have been about.

peter11435

Well, first I don't think it was a rumor that he was reporting on. Just his thoughts being an NBA fan/reporter and making a case for WDW and why it could be a venue just as much as Las Vegas.

That said, I wonder what Bob Iger being on a phone conference with the NBA today would have been about.

Disney has a multi billion dollar deal for NBA broadcast rights

Giss Neric

I think Bob Iger wants to becomes the next NBA commissioner. With the NBA now in WDW, the NBA Experience in Disney Springs will definitely get more attention and foot traffic once everything goes to normal.

Epcotfan21

I think Bob Iger wants to becomes the next NBA commissioner. With the NBA now in WDW, the NBA Experience in Disney Springs will definitely get more attention and foot traffic once everything goes to normal.
That won’t happen, at least not anytime soon. Adam Silver was hand picked and groomed for his commissioner role by David Stern and by all accounts, is considered the best commissioner in all of sports.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
That won’t happen, at least not anytime soon. Adam Silver was hand picked and groomed for his commissioner role by David Stern and by all accounts, is considered the best commissioner in all of sports.
Silver is a joke as a commissioner - for reasons that I can’t post on this forum without getting in trouble for being “political” - I have never heard anyone say he’s considered the best in all of sports.

I would argue Roger Goodell and a number of college conference commissioners are leaps and bounds better than Silver, starting with Greg Sankey in the SEC.

Just because someone is “hand-picked” to be a successor doesn’t mean they are the best at their job - look at Chapek.

Epcotfan21

Silver is a joke as a commissioner - for reasons that I can’t post on this forum without getting in trouble for being “political” - I have never heard anyone say he’s considered the best in all of sports.

I would argue Roger Goodell and a number of college conference commissioners are leaps and bounds better than Silver, starting with Greg Sankey in the SEC.

Just because someone is “hand-picked” to be a successor doesn’t mean they are the best at their job - look at Chapek.
Lol at Roger Goodell. You mean the guy that is despised by all of the players in the league and several of the owners? Say what you want about Silver but he is well liked by the players and actually fights for them, unlike Goodell who only believes in lining his pockets and the owners pockets with more money.

Just last year several NFL owners approached Silver about becoming the commissioner. He declined.

DarkMetroid567

You haven’t been on Reddit or Twitter, then. Silver (besides the China debacle) has almost universally been considered the best of the big 4, with Bettman in 2nd and Goodell and Manfred tying for 3rd. I would probably put Goodell last if the Astros cheating scandal didn’t happen.

Top Bottom