Disney won't sell us ultimate park hopper..

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Does this make any sense at all?

I'm going to Disney with my family is September. We're staying at the All Star Movies for 3 nights, and Old Key West for 5 nights. That's a total of 8 nights on Disney property.

Disney is telling us, they can't sell us the Ultimate Park Hopper, or Length Of Stay pass. They're saying because we're staying in 2 different hotels, it can't be done.

Very annoying to me. It says that those passes are "exclusive for Disney World Resort guests". Says nothing about being in the same hotel for the entire time.

So, now, we're forced to buy a 7 day park hopper plus, and single day tickets, which will run us more, especially with the recent price increase.

But my travel agent was right. Why does Disney do things like that - Because Disney can.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Neh - We looked into that, and it wouldn't.

Only because we want to go to Blizzard Beach, and Pleasure Island a few times as well.

So, we'd have to go for the premium annual passport which is about $550 right now.

Thanks for the tip though.

imagineer99

Originally posted by joviacdan
Neh - We looked into that, and it wouldn't.

Only because we want to go to Blizzard Beach, and Pleasure Island a few times as well.

So, we'd have to go for the premium annual passport which is about $550 right now.

Thanks for the tip though.

I would definitley complain to Disney about this situation...

You are actually giving them MORE money by switching from a value to a moderate resort during there stay. Even if they won't bend the rules, you should make your voice heard.

What Disney is doing is plain unfair! In fact, it is wrong!

If I'm not mistaken, with the ultimate park hopper, you only get two "extra options" along with the four parks. Make sure to choose Blizzard Beach and Pleasure Island if those are the places you wish to go.

:wave: :)

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
I think it's totally wrong as well.

Actually, with the Ultimate Park Hopper, you get admission to everything from the time you check in, until midnight of the day you check out. And honestly, if it's a little bit more money - That's fine with me. Although I think Disney should give their resort guests a break on ticket prices as opposed to charging more, but what can you do?

PLTram

Back around 1996 or 97 we started our stay at what was then called Dixie Landings and then moved to Wilderness Lodge after a few days. I am quite certain that we did not have any such problems as yours. I can't imagine why they would make moving resorts a deal breaker now....I'd check with someone else......

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Nope - Talked to 2 different travel agents, 2 different Disney cast members and a manager, and they all said the same thing - Can't do it.

Gagesmom314

We went to book our trip last night on Expedia.com and we were going to stay at Pop Century for 14 days. Saturday we were told an ultimate park hopper pass would come with that package and yesterday we were informed that we could only get a 10 day pass. Talk about some ticked off people since their website advertises the Ultimate Park Hopper.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WHAAT? I`d get on the phone now. Speak to someone in authority. Email them. Daily. And if all else fails, complain VERY LOUDLY when you get there - try the hotel manager first, to find out what departmnet you really need, failing that, try at the T&TC??

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Well, I'm on the phone right now.

Fighting with Disney is, as they say, trying to fight city hall.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Nope - There is nothing they can do.

Only other option is to sell us a 3 day Ultimate Park Hopper, then sell us a 5 day Ultimate Park Hopper. To go that route would run us about $800 per person.

No thanks.

bhg469

Im thinking an annual pass too, just buy individual tickets for blizzard beach, you may end up spending a little more than an 8 day hopper but it cant be that much more. And i know its cheaper than the $800 that they told you that you would spend.

Terp02

I could be wrong but I think the big thing here is the fact that the Ultimate Park Hopper Pass itself is your key card to your hotel as well as your park admission, and since Old Key West is Disney Vacation Resort, it may not be officially part of the WDW hotel system, if you catch my drift (as in there could be different rules that apply to it since it is a time share). I honestly have no clue about that or not. What could be the main deal is security. Maybe they don't want people to have access to more than one room, since maybe the card wouldn't deactivate for the room at the All Star. I don't know :veryconfu :veryconfu , just giving some possible explanation.

BTW, we've used that pass the last three times we went, and it is the best thing you could get, as long as you plan on spending all your time in WDW. You can also use the card as credit card, in case you don't feel safe carrying around lots of money.

JMishy

Wow, I am so sorry you're going through this! It's just crazy!

My hubby and I were thinking about switching resorts too, but now I guess we won't!

You mentioned that the premium annual pass would cost you more, but have you checked into the $$ you might save on the hotel rates. Remember you get a discount on your water park and Pleasure Island tickets also. The overall savings might just make annual passes w/o the premium feature more economical. Just a suggestion. Check out Mousesavers.com for any published discounts. The annual pass has other discounts also and still may be the best for you.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Got a good solution. Kind of cinfusing, but for you Disney nuts, you'll get it.

OK - My girlfriend and I will be there for a total of 9 days.

Her son and mother will be there for a total of 5 days.

So, we're buying 7 day park hopper plus tickets for myself, my girlfriend, and her mother.

The day we get there, we can go to Blizzard Beach, and use one of my plus options and one of my GF's mother's plus options.

The second day we're there, we can use 1 day on my ticket, and one day on my GF's mother's, so I'll have 6 days left with 7 days to go. My GF will still have 7 days left, with 7 to go. Her mother will have 6 days left, with 5 days to go.

The third day, we can use another of my GF's mother's days. So, when she comes down the next day, she'll still have 5 days left. We can use one of my GF's days that day, so she'll have 6 days left on her ticket with 6 days left.

Get it - We'll both have six them park days left with 6 days left on our total trip. Plus, we'll each have 3 options left, probably all for pleasure island.

Sorry - I just realized that you are going in September. The annual pass discounts aren't out yet. Just keep your current reservations and keep checking Mousesavers. The discounts don't usually come out until about 3 months before. Then if you decide it is more economical - just call in and make new reservations and cancel your old ones. I hope this will help.

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Well, Old Key West IS in fact part of the Disney Hotel system, and you CAN purchase ultimate park hoppers if you're staying there.

That's why I said, can't you simply deactivate the first card, and call Old Key West and tell them to activate our new room key card and put a 5 day ultimate park hopper on it.

Obviously, they could, with NO problems whatsoever. It's simply Disney being Disney.

imagineer99

Originally posted by joviacdan
Well, Old Key West IS in fact part of the Disney Hotel system, and you CAN purchase ultimate park hoppers if you're staying there.

That's why I said, can't you simply deactivate the first card, and call Old Key West and tell them to activate our new room key card and put a 5 day ultimate park hopper on it.

Obviously, they could, with NO problems whatsoever. It's simply Disney being Disney.

This frusturates me...

Disney SHOULD be very accomodating!

Anyways, it looks like you have a very good (ableit complicated) plan worked out.

Have a great trip.:sohappy:

J

joviacdan

Original Poster
Thanks - We will.

Hey, I could argue u til I'm blue in the face.

When it comes right down to it- You've got 2 choices. Don't go, or suck it up and deal with it.

Let's face it - It's Disney World and I know I'll cave.

As angry as I was, later on Saturday, we were at the Disney Store in the mall. By the time, we walked out of the sore, I was already counting the seconds until we leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom