disney with foster kids

lkidd

Original Poster
Hi,
I am new here and also new at fostering, I love Disney though and am excited about the chance to get to take kids or have never had the opportunity to do anything to the most magical place in the world. We are planning a trip the end of July for my husband, myself, both sets of our parents and 6 foster kids ages 3-15, so 12 of us total. We are staying at all star sports and doing 3 parks days 2 rest days/ Disney Springs days, we also have the dinning plan. I have never been with a group this large or this many kids I am responsible for, we are also driving for North Carolina so about 9 hours. I would love and appreciate any tips or advice of things to or not to do on this trip. TIA

Princess_Beatrice

Do the kids know they are going or is it a surprise? If you plan on telling them you should have them each pick a ride or show they would like to see. That way they could feel involved in the planning. Depending on the kids and what they have been through, you asking for input could mean a lot.

lkidd

Original Poster
They do not know, I haven’t decided if I am telling them or just letting it be a surprise there is pros and cons in both.
Do the kids know they are going or is it a surprise? If you plan on telling them you should have them each pick a ride or show they would like to see. That way they could feel involved in the planning. Depending on the kids and what they have been through, you asking for input could mean a lot.
t know

lkidd

Original Poster
Yea I am good with the rules I just have to have travel letters from their case workers and everything is good

I'm not sure what the rules are in your state, but please make sure that you can legally take the kids out of state.

newhorizons1

I would definitely try to go to a character meal while you are there. I think that would be really special for the kids. I would consider T-Rex too for your Disney Springs day. Also, I think you are doing a great thing by fostering!

buseegal

Hi,
I am new here and also new at fostering, I love Disney though and am excited about the chance to get to take kids or have never had the opportunity to do anything to the most magical place in the world. We are planning a trip the end of July for my husband, myself, both sets of our parents and 6 foster kids ages 3-15, so 12 of us total. We are staying at all star sports and doing 3 parks days 2 rest days/ Disney Springs days, we also have the dinning plan. I have never been with a group this large or this many kids I am responsible for, we are also driving for North Carolina so about 9 hours. I would love and appreciate any tips or advice of things to or not to do on this trip. TIA
a lot is going to depend on the kids. I am using my grandsons on our last trip based on ages. based on ages there are going to be rides that the older ones are going to want to do that smallest will not be able even stand in line with older ones. I would plan on someone taking littles to something they can do while others take older more trilling rides. if you are going to need rider swap you will have to take littles so CM can see them to get rider swap which is hard on the littles if they want to ride but cant. our youngest grandson who was just under 3 is not into rides but he loved the characters. mom took him to see characters while the older rode. my grandsons would not do well with 2 nonpark days but they are all pro park kids and we have to do summer trips because of court order long story short. one thing I would do since you at not used to traveling with kids and us have same number of adults as kids, have an adult assigned to each kid while in parks. that person watches that child all the time even if you are doing something as a group. I will use an example say your mom has the youngest for the day and that child has to go to bathroom. she goes with child and meets with you later or rides with that child or holds hand with. last piece of advice have a phone picture of each child every day as you head to park or Disney Springs and again later if you have to change clothes of any kids

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom