Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

surfsupdon

Thanks @Figment82 and @Surferboy567

There were about 3doz competitors with bibs, a few in costume, many in past runDisney shirts. Family members sat on benches and cheered as we ran by. It felt really nice.
Since the weekend was cancelled, I modified my dates to get cheaper flights. As I result, my half will be tomorrow, because I’ll be home Saturday. I’m happy I’m running in Disney World tho! Very blessed. Good luck y’all.

Figment82

Thanks @Figment82 and @Surferboy567

There were about 3doz competitors with bibs, a few in costume, many in past runDisney shirts. Family members sat on benches and cheered as we ran by. It felt really nice.
Since the weekend was cancelled, I modified my dates to get cheaper flights. As I result, my half will be tomorrow, because I’ll be home Saturday. I’m happy I’m running in Disney World tho! Very blessed. Good luck y’all.
That’s really super cool! I’m glad people were able to make the best of an unfortunate situation and still come out and support each other and have fun. I wish I had that vibe in my neighborhood! 😁

surfsupdon

I ran 13.1 miles today (I think bc I don’t have a tracker—I measured things). I ran around Hourglass Lake, over to and around Barefoot Bay, and around Crescent Lake. Spent most of the miles at Barefoot. There were more runners yesterday, although today I was out on course at 530 lol.

I did it respectably in 1:48.26 it was hard, so hard, to just run in a race that’s not a race with competitors around you.

But I achieved my goal to run WineDineHalf on Disney property!

Figment82

I ran 13.1 miles today (I think bc I don’t have a tracker—I measured things). I ran around Hourglass Lake, over to and around Barefoot Bay, and around Crescent Lake. Spent most of the miles at Barefoot. There were more runners yesterday, although today I was out on course at 530 lol.

I did it respectably in 1:48.26 it was hard, so hard, to just run in a race that’s not a race with competitors around you.

But I achieved my goal to run WineDineHalf on Disney property!
Congratulations! Is there a sidewalk along BVD? You’re quite brave, haha! And I’m guessing you ran past the Cast building to get to Caribbean/Riviera? That’s awesome that you were able to piece together a nice long route. I imagine the Pop/DAAR loop would get quite old for a half!

surfsupdon

Congratulations! Is there a sidewalk along BVD? You’re quite brave, haha! And I’m guessing you ran past the Cast building to get to Caribbean/Riviera? That’s awesome that you were able to piece together a nice long route. I imagine the Pop/DAAR loop would get quite old for a half!
Exactly right. I run by the Cast area from Pop to CBR, but it is easiest to cut through the gardens near Art directly across from that service road to avoid roadway running.

No crosswalk on BVD, but I crossed prior to 6a so there wasn’t traffic. Then I picked up the sidewalk.

surfsupdon

We could have had this weekend!! Look at all the masked people gathering to celebrate now, not social distancing, and THAT is ok. Looks just like the corrals to me!
And we would have had our temperatures taken, too.

Last edited:

Figment82

Wasn’t pretty, but I got it done! I’m not sure if it was the humidity (thanks Eta...), the lack of motivation, or other factors, but I wasn’t 100% feeling it this morning. My pace just dropped around mile 8 and it was a mental and physical struggle to push through.

Still finished with a 2:55:30, which is a few minutes faster than my W&D time last year, so I’ll take it! This race is never anywhere near my fastest - my summer training is basically “survival mode”, haha!

I saw another runner wearing a vaguely villains-esque shirt, but I wasn’t close enough to ask if she was running a virtual as well.

3 weeks until the Space Coast Half - which is still moving forward as planned. 🤞🏻 I’ll be curious to see how reduced the number of participants ends up being. I’m hoping I can kick whatever funk I was in today and have a better race then.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the virtual W&D events, whether it was this weekend or before/after. Here’s to next year, and hopefully we’ll all be back running together!

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Wasn’t pretty, but I got it done! I’m not sure if it was the humidity (thanks Eta...), the lack of motivation, or other factors, but I wasn’t 100% feeling it this morning. My pace just dropped around mile 8 and it was a mental and physical struggle to push through.

Still finished with a 2:55:30, which is a few minutes faster than my W&D time last year, so I’ll take it! This race is never anywhere near my fastest - my summer training is basically “survival mode”, haha!

I saw another runner wearing a vaguely villains-esque shirt, but I wasn’t close enough to ask if she was running a virtual as well.

3 weeks until the Space Coast Half - which is still moving forward as planned. 🤞🏻 I’ll be curious to see how reduced the number of participants ends up being. I’m hoping I can kick whatever funk I was in today and have a better race then.

Congratulations to everyone who participated in the virtual W&D events, whether it was this weekend or before/after. Here’s to next year, and hopefully we’ll all be back running together!

Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom