Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Surferboy567

Maybe everyone is A. :) I submitted time, date, and start time (why?). I only did the half.
Was curious to see if the submitting results was different then their other virtual offerings. Since these are technically in person races converted to virtual. They seemed like they cared more about these results being accurate then the other finisher certificates they did in the past.

Last time they only asked for time. I noticed they put the pace on the finisher certificate for Wine & Dine as well (from Twitter). So figured what they asked for must of been different.

EDIT: I’ll know for myself when I run the 10K on Halloween.

EDIT 2: They also numbered each individual bib which they have never done before. That made it seem more “official” then the other ”fill-in” bibs.

Last edited:

surfsupdon

We know I took the refund. But I will be leaving for my trip next week and running my half on property. I’m thinking a mix of Epcot Resorts Blvd and the Crescent Lake loop.
I’m focused on feeling nice and strong as I run, and hoping that will allow a decent time.
Good luck to all the runners!!

Surferboy567

We know I took the refund. But I will be leaving for my trip next week and running my half on property. I’m thinking a mix of Epcot Resorts Blvd and the Crescent Lake loop.
I’m focused on feeling nice and strong as I run, and hoping that will allow a decent time.
Good luck to yourself and all runners!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

What's the path on resorts blvd? is there a decent path? I know the loop around crescent lake but wasn't aware of the other.

surfsupdon

What's the path on resorts blvd? is there a decent path? I know the loop around crescent lake but wasn't aware of the other.
There is a sidewalk that runs all of the way around the Blvd, that even includes going under the water bridge (steep hills lol). The Crescent Lake loop is only like .9 miles but the sidewalk loop is much longer, so there wouldn't be as much repetition and it's a change of scenery. You can access it from any of the Crescent Lake Resorts.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
There is a sidewalk that runs all of the way around the Blvd, that even includes going under the water bridge (steep hills lol). The Crescent Lake loop is only like .9 miles but the sidewalk loop is much longer, so there wouldn't be as much repetition and it's a change of scenery. You can access it from any of the Crescent Lake Resorts.
Good to know. I don't live too far from property and I'm always looking for new running routes...once it eventually....maybe cools down.

Surferboy567

Well...today is the day.

CF283C1C-5676-499C-814E-0AD07878C05F.jpeg

Surferboy567

Happy Halloween everyone!

Today, marked a lot of firsts for me but most importantly my first official runDisney 10K!

Here are the stats:

Time: 1:18:10
Distance: 6.23 mi
Avg Pace: 12:32

This avg pace is a HUGE IMPROVEMENT over my normal pace of around (13:15-13:30). I walk/ran the entire thing.

When you submit your results you are given a finisher certificate. As well as the “results” screen where you can view others runs.

I wish all other runners good luck!

surfsupdon

Today on my 10k at Hourglass Lake, there were many runners, a few spectators, and lots of fun.

I know I ran a 10k at universal on Monday but I realized I want to do the official challenge so I ran another 10k this morning at 42:15. That means Half tmrw for my official unofficial two course challenge!!
9CBAB87F-9D93-477C-BCB4-38DFEC546ED1.jpeg

Last edited:

Figment82

Today on my 10k at Hourglass Lake, there were many runners, a few spectators, and lots of fun.

I know I ran a 10k at universal on Monday but I realized I want to do the official challenge so I ran another 10k this morning at 42:15. That means Half tmrw for my official unofficial two course challenge!!
View attachment 510719
How awesome that there were other runners and spectators to make it more fun! And enjoy your half tomorrow! I’m still planning on running mine Sunday morning - hoping Eta stays far away!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom