Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Surferboy567

Side Note: Watched Little Mermaid in 4K last night for the first time in a long time because of the theme. Really was surprised at the resolution bump up at certain times.

Via D+

RememberWhen

Etiquette question:
Since the race is virtual, do you all think it’s ok to run it early? I mean, obviously it’s sort of “on your honor” anyway, but I was curious about opinions.
FWIW I’m planning to run the 10k on the day, but early November can be a bit iffy in MA, so I may also try to run earlier in October. Better to run it twice, potentially, than plan to run it and not be able to for weather reasons?

RunningKoen

Etiquette question:
Since the race is virtual, do you all think it’s ok to run it early? I mean, obviously it’s sort of “on your honor” anyway, but I was curious about opinions.
FWIW I’m planning to run the 10k on the day, but early November can be a bit iffy in MA, so I may also try to run earlier in October. Better to run it twice, potentially, than plan to run it and not be able to for weather reasons?

The etiquettes about runDisney's (regular) virtual races are very ...open. You can finish a distance in more than 1 session, so I doubt that doing it earlier is any problem at all. As you said, it's on your honor anyway.

If a 10K isnt any of your regular distances, the achievement of doing it is worth of the virtual medal, no matter when you run it :)

Surferboy567

Etiquette question:

I personally, will be running it on the day. Since it is part of my training for the virtual half. I also think they want you to run it on the day. If you believe that you cannot run it on the day because of the weather as long as you actually run the distance it hardly matters. I plan on doing most of my runs on the treadmill.

RememberWhen

I personally, will be running it on the day. Since it is part of my training for the virtual half. I also think they want you to run it on the day. If you believe that you cannot run it on the day because of the weather as long as you actually run the distance it hardly matters. I plan on doing most of my runs on the treadmill.
I’m definitely hoping to be able to run it on the day. But you never know. Early November can easily be torrential downpour or ice or snow in MA. And since I don’t have an indoor option I’ll probably just go ahead and run it early just in case I can’t on the proper day. It’ll be my first 10k, so it would be nice to get in a practice run a few weeks early. Thanks @RunningKoen and @Surferboy567!

Surferboy567

I’m definitely hoping to be able to run it on the day. But you never know. Early November can easily be torrential downpour or ice or snow in MA. And since I don’t have an indoor option I’ll probably just go ahead and run it early just in case I can’t on the proper day. It’ll be my first 10k, so it would be nice to get in a practice run a few weeks early. Thanks @RunningKoen and @Surferboy567!

My first 10K as well! I had a similar question as you since I plan to run the virtual half marathon which I plan to do inside on a treadmill. Then I realized the virtual is whenever you want, during that three month window.

I actually planned the training around the day of the 10K so when I’m supposed to run a 6.5 mile long run as part of my training I’ll use that for the 10K. I’ll obviously try much harder since it’s an official race.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom