Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They sold Star Wars spirit jersey’s that were supposed to be at the race on shopDisney. So it Is possible. They are giving the shirts to virtual runners.

The regular online Disney store? I remember after one of the SW race weekends, they had Expo items available. But I haven't seen that in several years.

RememberWhen

I'd say alot of that depends on what has already been made, and what orders can be cancelled. Yes, most merch is sold at the expo. Some stuff they do pre-sell, but that was usually done back when registration happened, not later. If the merch was made, and stuck on a boat already, then Disney will prob try to recoup some of it. But since we are still 3 months out, they may still be able to cancel orders. I think they are self insured, and even though eating a few thousand worth of merchandise is a drop in the bucket, they probably would rather not have to eat any more money than they need to. This whole shifting physical to virtual is a relative unknown.
Sales of race specific merchandise at both the Expo and pre-order.

I don't remember any W&D merchandise you could buy online and have shipped. But a magnet, pins and maybe finisher shirts would be nice.
That all makes sense. My wallet would be ok with not having shirts/pins/mugs/hats available, but if they made them already maybe they’ll offer them up. Just a wait and see situation.

Texas84

Decided to cancel race weekend. I was using big DVC points at SSR because of the weekend. I'm going to do a M-Th at Beach Club next month for way fewer points. Maybe do another during Halloween or Christmas. Figure they will at least decorate, maybe some holiday goodies.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I didn’t do anything with the email they sent me about “switching my spot to virtual” despite only registering for a virtual. I assume it was sent in error. Checked my profile and everything seems fine. Will not touch the link.

Has anyone that cancelled original registrations seen them removed from their runDisney accounts yet? I received two separate “virtual or refund” emails on 7/23/20 (one for 5k and one for challenge) and responded “refund” to both individually. I signed up for the virtual half marathon alone on 7/30 and received the email everyone else did yesterday with the “virtual or refund” option. [I’m not touching the link on that one either, because with my luck that would probably re-enter me somehow in all my cancelled races all over again again.]

My runDisney account still shows the original 5k and Challenge in my “upcoming races.” But I have not received any new emails about either since I opted for the refund on those. Just worried that they are still listed in my account and do not want to end up $500-600 in the hole for all the original races plus a second half, when I’m trying to minimize to just the one race! 😁

Edit: just got an email about the notices that went out to virtual racers. Still would love it if they would update my original race registrations in my account to cancelled though 😃
1ACD23EE-FC86-4CF3-AB69-15A5D6AA0679.jpeg

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Has anyone that cancelled original registrations seen them removed from their runDisney accounts yet? I received two separate “virtual or refund” emails on 7/23/20 (one for 5k and one for challenge) and responded “refund” to both individually. I signed up for the virtual half marathon alone on 7/30 and received the email everyone else did yesterday with the “virtual or refund” option. [I’m not touching the link on that one either, because with my luck that would probably re-enter me somehow in all my cancelled races all over again again.]

My runDisney account still shows the original 5k and Challenge in my “upcoming races.” But I have not received any new emails about either since I opted for the refund on those. Just worried that they are still listed in my account and do not want to end up $500-600 in the whole for all the races plus a second half, when I’m trying to minimize to just the one race! 😁

Edit: just got an email about the notices that went out to virtual racers. Still would love it if they would update my original race registrations in my account to cancelled though 😃
View attachment 489010

I clicked the link just to see what it was. Didn’t make any selection either way. Happy that I will still get my virtual. Really wanted that.

Demarke

Premium Member
Original races look like this in mine:
4A8E1AD7-588B-4870-A377-6AC0CD7BF52E.jpeg

Clicking on them, there is a new notice with Acknowledgment check box and shipping address form. I would guess this is required to opt in and is probably auto updated when people responded that they were switching to the virtual from their email a couple of weeks ago (I assume):
1E3CCB26-2382-40E0-A51F-FE9D0F313EA0.png

A787EEEC-583B-49BE-9FD4-79BCE989FF0F.png

Here’s what my new virtual registration front page link looks like. The only difference between it and normal appears to be that when I click on it, the acknowledgement is checked and address is filled out.

DDCB4CCB-A312-4CD6-BAAF-D91FA607852E.jpeg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Has anyone here gotten their refunds yet? I have seen in some FB groups people have already been refunded. Would be nice to chip away at the $$$ I spent yesterday on Star Wars

Demarke

Premium Member
Has anyone here gotten their refunds yet? I have seen in some FB groups people have already been refunded. Would be nice to chip away at the $$$ I spent yesterday on Star Wars
Not yet, but I can confirm the virtual half I replaced the original three races and the $575 for Star Wars from yesterday have both hit my accounts, so I can at least confirm that Disney’s bank accounts are still working, thank goodness! 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom