Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Surferboy567

For a virtual? You don't have to run at all. :)

If you're running every day you're good. Maybe bump up a weekend run 1 mile each week. Do 3, then 4, then 5, etc. Take a rest day after your long run.

I won’t do that...I take them super seriously. Gives me motivation, it also prepares me for when I eventually do an on-property race.

Surferboy567

That's cool. For my last virtual I 'cheated' and combined a local 12K with a weekend training run.

You ran a 12K...I think you’d be forgiven. :)

As long as you run the distance at least in my book it doesn’t matter.

For me, I treat it like I’m there on Disney property because for me, it’s the only races I’ll race in...until I get to go down for one. When I do, I’ll be well prepared. That means running the pace requirement, all at once staying in theme etc.

Surferboy567

I got an email from runDisney asking me to decide if I wanted to transfer my wine and dine to a virtual event? Despite not registering for wine and dine in person and only registering for the virtual 10K.

dreamfinder

Signed up for the 5k. Not a huge fan of the price, but come on, Yzma and Kronk? How could I not. But couldn't bring myself to bite on the price for the challenge, no matter how much I like the Jack/Oogie combo.

surfsupdon

Seems like we scooped up a lot of virtual. Nice!
Now—who is keeping their travel plans and headed to Disney for this weekend?
And who is not only going to Disney, but virtually running at Disney??

I am :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Seems like we scooped up a lot of virtual. Nice!
Now—who is keeping their travel plans and headed to Disney for this weekend?
And who is not only going to Disney, but virtually running at Disney??

I am :)

I thought you decided to get a refund, not switch to virtual.

I'm still planning on going. But will shorten my trip.

RememberWhen

Does one of the more experienced runners have some knowledge about runDisney merch for the wine and dine? Usually they would sell stuff at bib pick-up, right? And/or presell stuff?
Do we think Disney might sell wine and dine merch for the virtual version? Or maybe they already did and I had no idea since I knew we couldn’t get there in person.
Just trying to throw Disney more money... (don’t tell my wife!)

Surferboy567

Does one of the more experienced runners have some knowledge about runDisney merch for the wine and dine? Usually they would sell stuff at bib pick-up, right? And/or presell stuff?
Do we think Disney might sell wine and dine merch for the virtual version? Or maybe they already did and I had no idea since I knew we couldn’t get there in person.

They sold Star Wars spirit jersey’s that were supposed to be at the race on shopDisney. So it Is possible. They are giving the shirts to virtual runners.

Surferboy567

I didn’t do anything with the email they sent me about “switching my spot to virtual” despite only registering for a virtual. I assume it was sent in error. Checked my profile and everything seems fine. Will not touch the link.

dreamfinder

I'd say alot of that depends on what has already been made, and what orders can be cancelled. Yes, most merch is sold at the expo. Some stuff they do pre-sell, but that was usually done back when registration happened, not later. If the merch was made, and stuck on a boat already, then Disney will prob try to recoup some of it. But since we are still 3 months out, they may still be able to cancel orders. I think they are self insured, and even though eating a few thousand worth of merchandise is a drop in the bucket, they probably would rather not have to eat any more money than they need to. This whole shifting physical to virtual is a relative unknown.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'd say alot of that depends on what has already been made, and what orders can be cancelled. Yes, most merch is sold at the expo. Some stuff they do pre-sell, but that was usually done back when registration happened, not later. If the merch was made, and stuck on a boat already, then Disney will prob try to recoup some of it. But since we are still 3 months out, they may still be able to cancel orders. I think they are self insured, and even though eating a few thousand worth of merchandise is a drop in the bucket, they probably would rather not have to eat any more money than they need to. This whole shifting physical to virtual is a relative unknown.

I'm curious to see what ends up at Cast Connection and eventually the outlets when they re-open.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I did get the refund. No regrets either. But I am still training and am going to run while down there, virtually, but not ‘Disney officially virtually’ lol.

I'll drive down Thursday, rather than Wednesday and probably drive back Monday. May do one of my Virtuals on property.

LAKid53

Premium Member

Sales of race specific merchandise at both the Expo and pre-order.

I don't remember any W&D merchandise you could buy online and have shipped. But a magnet, pins and maybe finisher shirts would be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom