Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The sheer number of people dropping out and asking for refunds should also really help out. Just based on what I read from fbook groups.

any idea if they're just letting anyone drop out? Full refunds? I'm totally on the fence about this. I just can't train in this heat/humidity and I don't feel safe going to a gym for the treadmill.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
any idea if they're just letting anyone drop out? Full refunds? I'm totally on the fence about this. I just can't train in this heat/humidity and I don't feel safe going to a gym for the treadmill.

I would think, in order to comply with the state's social distancing guidelines, runDisney would allow runners to drop out and receive a refund. Makes their jobs easier come race weekend with fewer runners.

They will have to do something to accommodate those who may cancel because they are traveling from regions that will require them to quarantine upon arriving in Florida. Or those who can't get here due to travel bans.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I would think, in order to comply with the state's social distancing guidelines, runDisney would allow runners to drop out and receive a refund. Makes their jobs easier come race weekend with fewer runners.

They will have to do something to accommodate those who may cancel because they are traveling from regions that will require them to quarantine upon arriving in Florida. Or those who can't get here due to travel bans.

I'm debating. I started c25k again just to get...SOME training started?

Rteetz

They have been trying to stop it with an initial email but if you push them a bit they will refund your registration on a Disney gift card right now. I have a friend who did it and have seen several others do it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm on the fence. I KNOW I won't run all 3 races on my own, especially a half. Is it worth the $$ I paid for the race just for my goodies or should I take a refund and put it towards Star Wars 2021?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Such a bummer. It is my all time favorite race weekend. I’ll be back.

I also still think I’m planning to vacation there. Are you??
I have a reservation...a DVC waitlist that NEVER should have come through...that tells me a lot.

I’m gonna let it ride for awhile...but my guess is that it’s 20/80 against actually going.

Things just haven’t gone well. Collective failure in the US on a level not really seen before.

Oh well...das vadanya.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Such a bummer. It is my all time favorite race weekend. I’ll be back.

I also still think I’m planning to vacation there. Are you??

I just has this conversation with DVC on Monday when my September cruise was cancelled. I may still go, but just through Monday.

Surferboy567

I didn’t want to be the bearer of bad news for all the racers looking to race in the wine and dine so that is why I’ve stayed relatively quiet. The writing has been on the wall for this to happen for a while. It’s probably better racers won’t have to deal with all the virus related problems while trying to run.

My only question...do they open up the virtual events to others?

Also...why haven’t they made more virtual events to account for the demand?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom