Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I quoted that you said it will be a modified festival which was confirmed yesterday. 20 food booths, no extra events. No seminars, no eat to the beat concerts, just food booths.

Sorry, when I said abbreviated, I meant shortened time frame, not offerings. Apologies for not making that clear.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I think you may be right. ☹

Not to put a damper on your optimism (as I’m very much a glass half full person) but the DLP race weekend is probably less than a quarter of the participants of a WDW race weekend and it’s been cancelled. But, it is also held in a different country with a different responses to the pandemic, so maybe Wine and Dine can still be held.

Rose&Crown

Ya with the uptick in cases mixed with how Disney is handling the reopening I just don’t see this happening. But knowing Disney they won’t announce anything until a month prior. Glad my hotel can be cancelled but for those flying that kinda stinks.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Ya with the uptick in cases mixed with how Disney is handling the reopening I just don’t see this happening. But knowing Disney they won’t announce anything until a month prior. Glad my hotel can be cancelled but for those flying that kinda stinks.

I've got DVC points I borrowed and will lose, so unless DVC allows me to return them to the use year, I'll be doing a visit in November.

Rose&Crown

I've got DVC points I borrowed and will lose, so unless DVC allows me to return them to the use year, I'll be doing a visit in November.
Depending on how cases look then I might go anyway as well. We’ll see. Frustrating how quiet they’ll be about this. I mean I run all the time anyway but it’s different when you’re “training” running.

LAKid53

Premium Member
So, now that park reservation system is launched, do y'all think we need to make Sunday an Epcot day so we can get into the park for the After Party?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
So, now that park reservation system is launched, do y'all think we need to make Sunday an Epcot day so we can get into the park for the After Party?
I still can’t even make a resort reservation, will have to see what’s left when they open up park reservations for passholders because that appears to be my only option. But I would suspect the after party ticket would eliminate the need to choose Epcot for the day if you don’t care about getting in til after 4. That said, I may plan on an Epcot day anyway just so I don’t have to worry about trying to charge through another park first and take a more relaxed approach than I have in the past after three days of races!

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
I did not. I made an MGM reservation then will go to Epcot for the afterparty. Yes, I’m banking on that.

As am I. I did my usual MK on Sunday after last race. If the race happens and the After Party isn't cancelled, I'm wondering if they won't allow us in until after Epcot closes.

Rose&Crown

NYC Marathon cancelled. Not looking good.
While I don’t think this run will happen I think the reasons it’s cancelled will be different than Boston NYC. Those draw tons of spectators which they clearly want to avoid.

To me this gets cancelled because they booked it like a normal run so it’ll be packed and they want to avoid people so close. Plus just the registration process alone is a zoo.

I’m still training but in the back of my head I know it’s pointless.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Also, the fact Disney won’t let me reserve a room on any dates through the end of 2020 (as I’ve been checking to make sure it’s not just W&D wknd I can’t get a res during) makes me a little leery of their expectations too.

But, on the plus side, I am now booked for Pop and Caribbean for Marathon and Star Wars 2021! 😁

Figment82

Is anyone else getting emails from MatathonFoto with a promotion to buy really old W&D photos? So far, I’ve received ones for 2013 and 2014.

The message reads, “To help you celebrate the good times and focus on happier miles ahead, we thought you may enjoy a trip down memory lane.” I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. 😂

dreamfinder

Is anyone else getting emails from MatathonFoto with a promotion to buy really old W&D photos? So far, I’ve received ones for 2013 and 2014.

The message reads, “To help you celebrate the good times and focus on happier miles ahead, we thought you may enjoy a trip down memory lane.” I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. 😂

Yeah. Which is funny since I could have sworn they said "We will be deleting these photos if you don't buy them by X date". Someone at MarathonFoto must be trying to make some money.

Figment82

The Celebration Half/Full Marathon in January has officially been canceled for 2021. It occurs just a couple weeks after WDW Marathon Weekend. I’m so bummed - it’s one of my favorites - but I understand their decision. Every time a race is canceled or postponed, my hope for W&D diminishes a bit more.

LAKid53

Premium Member
The only thing that will save this race is that it's run on Disney property and few spectators along the course.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
The only thing that will save this race is that it's run on Disney property and few spectators along the course.

Except that there is still bib pickup and water stations and medals at the end. I bring this up because over the past few years I’ve started volunteering more and more at races where I am also a participant, so I gotten to know the race organizers well, and their concerns were as much - and perhaps even more - for the safety of the volunteers as for the racers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom