Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Does anybody know when hotel reservations open back up? I know Swan and Dolphin are taking reservations, but have been trying to hold off booking one of those (or somewhere offsite that’s close) just in case I can get lucky and find something reasonably priced in Pop or Caribbean for Wine and Dine weekend. I see hotel prices for several Disney hotels for that weekend now (which I don’t think showed up last time I checked), but it still says “unavailable” when trying to select a room.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Does anybody know when hotel reservations open back up? I know Swan and Dolphin are taking reservations, but have been trying to hold off booking one of those (or somewhere offsite that’s close) just in case I can get lucky and find something reasonably priced in Pop or Caribbean for Wine and Dine weekend. I see hotel prices for several Disney hotels for that weekend now (which I don’t think showed up last time I checked), but it still says “unavailable” when trying to select a room.

I'm local now but I booked ASMovies back when registration opened up. I don't know if you call Disney if you're able to book?

Rose&Crown

I’m curious how they’d balance the race crowd in a park with normal crowd volume on a reduced capacity. Last year on the half when I got to HS it was pretty busy already. That and then the crowds at WWOS for registration......I’d be shocked if this happens

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I love ya'll but wine/dine ain't happening. with them cancelling MNSSHP it's just a bad omen.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I think you may be right. ☹️

Just hope we get more notice than we did for Star Wars. And more importantly, DVC allows us the same flexibility while the parks were closed.

Rteetz

My thinking was even if the race is held there would no party. I wrongly assumed F&W was going to be cancelled.
Food and wine is fairly simple to do with social distancing so I wasn’t surprised by that. Also gives incentive to choose Epcot as your park reservation when it’s all walls.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Since they just announced extended F&W maybe a chance for a party?

They've cancelled MNSSHP and are talking about changing the Candlelight Processional. Along with the possibility of cancelling MVMCP. The need for park reservations to continue through 2021. If the race happens, don't know how Disney can maintain a reduced attendance, given that every single person registered for the Half has a ticket.

Find it interesting they moved the start of F&W up to July. My thoughts are it will be abbreviated this year. Which isn't good news for the race.

In addition, Florida cases are climbing (4,000 new cases yesterday, largest single day number since the pandemic began) and Florida is expected to become the new epicenter in the US.

LAKid53

Premium Member
They already confirmed this.

The announcement stated it starts July 15th through the Fall. All tours, dessert parties and nighttime events have been cancelled. I will be disappointed, but not surprised if Disney decided to end F&W early.

Rteetz

The announcement stated it starts July 15th through the Fall. All tours, dessert parties and nighttime events have been cancelled. I will be disappointed, but not surprised if Disney decided to end F&W early.
I quoted that you said it will be a modified festival which was confirmed yesterday. 20 food booths, no extra events. No seminars, no eat to the beat concerts, just food booths.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom