Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ya it’s the virus popping back up that’s my concern. I’m anticipating this run not happening and maybe they pull back on this for a little bit for multiple reasons.

I hope I’m wrong.

I'd be surprised if Marathon weekend happens at this time TBH. Dopey2020 was my goal but I got injured so I moved it to Dopey2021 but now I'm not so sure about that either. I will start training in June regardless.

Texas84

I was able to extend my stay at Boulder Ridge through to the Wednesday following race weekend.

Still waiting for DVC to cancel my reservation at Copper Creek next week and return my points.
I was able to cancel my April on the web site. Got the points back.

surfsupdon

If this race is cancelled, I don’t see schools in session either. And I don’t believe that to be happening. I’m still realistically thinking the race will be on.

surfsupdon

Why the correlation?
I feel it is social distance related. If races and events are cancelled because of group gatherings, how can we have buses taking kids to school, full classrooms, and hallways and locker rooms packed with kids? Conversely, when school is in session and deemed safe, how can a race or event be cancelled? Schools bring 100s of people together. Both require large groupings of people, and I don’t see an ‘end to schools.’

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I feel it is social distance related. If races and events are cancelled because of group gatherings, how can we have buses taking kids to school, full classrooms, and hallways and locker rooms packed with kids? Conversely, when school is in session and deemed safe, how can a race or event be cancelled? Schools bring 100s of people together. Both require large groupings of people, and I don’t see an ‘end to schools.’

Not trying to argumentative but schools are full of local students vs a Disney race that's full of 1000's of people from all over the world. I have a feeling Disney is going to be overly-cautious throughout the rest of 2020 (at least). I HOPE I'm wrong

Rose&Crown

Ah ok now I see what you were referring to. To me the difference is the packed corrals everything heavy breathing and sweating....not saying that doesn’t happen to an extent at school in PE. Still think they err on the side of caution and cancel.

Respo12

So reference the “will the run be cancelled” conversation, Disney is now taking reservations for MVMCP starting 11/8. The wine n dine runs are 11/5-11/8. I think they plan on being open, and in Full service if they are selling tickets to the holiday party, where 10s of thousands will be gathering. Thoughts?

Rose&Crown

So reference the “will the run be cancelled” conversation, Disney is now taking reservations for MVMCP starting 11/8. The wine n dine runs are 11/5-11/8. I think they plan on being open, and in Full service if they are selling tickets to the holiday party, where 10s of thousands will be gathering. Thoughts?
Just to play devils advocate here, they can easily cancel that and refund money. I know ideally by November they want to be up and running back to a normalish flow but so much is still up in the air.

I wouldn’t buy to much into any event dates until the park is actually open.

Respo12

I strongly disagree with the statement “they can easily refund the money” etc. the Star Wars run refunds were a nightmare, and they haven’t even taken payments for virtual runs. Sounds to me like the refunding and angry customers is the LAST thing they want to deal with again. I highly doubt they would start taking money from people again if they weren’t confident it would happen. Just my 2 cents.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
10k is currently back open in case anybody was trying to get that one
541EF8E6-6A6D-4A5B-B252-171A4EB0D9B3.png

Edit- And the Virtual Series opens tomorrow!

8F32B2A1-79AF-4D76-8B2B-D8516BFEE98C.png

Edit #2 - 10k sold out again (10 min later), that was quick!
BE25B77F-ED7F-429B-AAA2-EDF4909F5F5C.png

Last edited:

surfsupdon

I really hope this run happens. Been looking forward to it since last year. Wonder if they’ll just have more corrals to space people out more.
I think the Expo hours/days might be expanded. To naturally spread people out.
I think there will be a ton of smaller corrals....maybe A-Z! Just to spread folks out.
Aid stations might have alterations.

But I’m looking forward to the race! Stay optimistic!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom