LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
You want to get to this page in the AP section of MDE

Which will get you to this page on rundisney

LAKid53

Premium Member
When you do the registration through the run Disney page 10k is all sold out.
Is it possible that 10k will be available for general public registration?

I just checked. It shows still available.

But to answer your question, yes. runDisney only provides a certain number of slots for early registration. But I'd have everything ready to go before 10AM next Tuesday.

ETA: ok, I see what you're seeing. Front page looks like it's available, but when you click Register Now to select the actual race, it's sold out. Gonna be lots of complaints to rD....

menka

I just checked. It shows still available.

But to answer your question, yes. runDisney only provides a certain number of slots for early registration. But I'd have everything ready to go before 10AM next Tuesday.

ETA: ok, I see what you're seeing. Front page looks like it's available, but when you click Register Now to select the actual race, it's sold out. Gonna be lots of complaints to rD....
Lol happy to know it’s just not me unable to get it as well.
I will keep my fingers cross for general registration then.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Lol happy to know it’s just not me unable to get it as well.
I will keep my fingers cross for general registration then.

You should be okay. Just be prepared to register at 10AM. Regular registration isn't as convoluted as the early. Just sign into your runDisney account and wait for 10AM.... 😉

I'm registered for all the races. I've learned to register 1st for the Challenge, then pick up the 5k. runDisney has to set a certain number of 10k bibs aside for the Challenge races, which is why the 10k typically sells out first. Back when Active was still handling the registration process, I did the 5k first - think it was Princess. By the time that was successfully completed, the early slots for the Glass Slipper were gone. Had to wait a week for regular registration to open up.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Go to the AP page on the Disney website. Find the list of events/tours and scroll until you see rundisney. Click on that, which should take you to the page with the Register Now button. Press it, which takes you to the rD AP page. Select the race you want to register for. But make sure you also open your rD account.

The links weren't working until 10:30 this AM. And it was a mess after that to register. Wasn't asked for my shirt size, which halted my registration, but charged my card. 🙄 Had to back out and start all over again.

Isn't this the 3rd race to use the new registration process? They really need to get it fixed before SW 2020 early registration opens up in July.

the website hates me I still can't find where i need to go. I just need to figure it out before Dopey registration opens up.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5: Scroll down to see

Select your race.

I will say Chrome works better than a MS web browser.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@RunningKoen, now you know why I'm not eager to do DLP Half. Early registering for the races at WDW are a royal pain in the rear.

Not the same type of system. If you want a package deal you either call or go online to the local sports travel agency (they give a list on their webpage). Then general registration (race only, not hotel room) opens up about six months later - and stays open for several months. There is no I-have-to-be-online-at-10-am to deal with. You technically don’t actually do the registration for the race until July-ish - they send you a link months after you’ve paid. I always have to wait until AP room prices come out because I get a great discount on my room during race weekend plus a small one on the race registration fee, and that is usually 2-3 months after the package registration opens.

LAKid53

Premium Member
While it's nice to finally get a performance shirt for the 5Ks, starting with W&D, the race has now moved to Epcot. That was part of the race's attraction....running through AK in the early morning. :mad:

surfsupdon

While it's nice to finally get a performance shirt for the 5Ks, starting with W&D, the race has now moved to Epcot. That was part of the race's attraction....running through AK in the early morning. :mad:

My heart dropped when I saw "changes and enhancements to WineDine." Especially after I already registered.

If my memory is correct, there was one year this race (or maybe a Tower race) was on the calendar a year in advance, and then moved a few months prior....and so many of us had our rooms or flight booked.

The enhancements look small. Earlier entry to Epcot is nice, but never forget when races with an after party ALSO included a 1 day 1 park ticket as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom