Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Mark P.

Thanks to one eagle-eyed observer on Facebook, rD's updated the race webpage to specify that the half starts in the MK parking lot this year, which is a change from WWOS. What are the chances they're just repurposing the Dark Side course this year?
20840686_10100182945294689_1593481280210176953_n.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks to one eagle-eyed observer on Facebook, rD's updated the race webpage to specify that the half starts in the MK parking lot this year, which is a change from WWOS. What are the chances they're just repurposing the Dark Side course this year?View attachment 222584

Oh, great, that was a mess at Dark Side.....

Figment82

Torn... I loved being able to be dropped off at TTC instead of the Epcot to WWoS shuttle ride, but the walk to the start was a bit long.

Plus the women's bathroom at TTC was flooded and they weren't letting us in to use it. The port-a-potty lines by the corrals were an absolute cluster. If they could just spread the starting area out a bit more, it would help tremendously.

With construction on Osceola Parkway and DHS, I'm not surprised they're going with Dark Side's route. It's all good, I'm just hoping for less humidity and cooler temps!

Will their be photopass along the route? 2 years ago was my first and only run and they had an outside company taking the pics. Im sure its answered somewhere in this thread. I dont have the patience to look. Lol. Thanks in advance.

Mark P.

Will their be photopass along the route? 2 years ago was my first and only run and they had an outside company taking the pics. Im sure its answered somewhere in this thread. I dont have the patience to look. Lol. Thanks in advance.
Yes - Disney PhotoPass now handles all runDisney events at WDW and Disneyland.

thumper

So am I the only one running this year? :(

I'm late in responding, but I'll be there..running the challenge!

Took a look at the course maps, and a little bummed about the 10K route not going around WS this time around...but passing through Pandora for the Half makes up for it! :D Oh...and hitting the sewage treatment plant sooner rather than later is an improvement from last year too!

surfsupdon

Major improvement from last year, which was the WORST WDW course to date.

Back to the Studios, and finally getting to do a World Showcase lap. Course looks great.

I regret that I will be sitting this weekend out.

Mark P.

Apologies in advance if this violates a rule, but is there any chance anyone running Wine & Dine this year is a DLP passholder flying in from California? My wife is in love with the new "it's a small world" themed tumbler at the DL Starbucks!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
5k three weeks from today. Am I prepared for the races? Maybe. Have I done much training? Nada. Do I care? Sort of. Just want to finish all three, get my medals and party Sunday evening. Been a tough couple of months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom