Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

dreamfinder

Off topic, but I ran the numbers and runDisney participation is actually up. Looks like the new 10Ks are popular and may be taking away from the half marathons. Been meaning to make a post on this but just too lazy. Will try to get that posted one day.

I'd love to see the data you used. And debate your logic in that thread. Not doubting your numbers/interpretation but I read it differently.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Should be relatively easy to verify. Just check results for the 10ks and Halfs for 2-3 years for races.

Would be nice if Disney provided numbers, other than finishers. Number of registrations vs. finishers. They could also subtract number of runners who started from runners who crossed finish line to get a number for drop outs.

Be nice to have more precise numbers than just looking at those who cross the finish line.

If one estimates 2500 runners per core and there are 7 corrals, like at the 2017 Princess 5k, that's 17,500 runners for that race. Is that realistic?

dreamfinder

Should be relatively easy to verify. Just check results for the 10ks and Halfs for 2-3 years for races.

Would be nice if Disney provided numbers, other than finishers. Number of registrations vs. finishers. They could also subtract number of runners who started from runners who crossed finish line to get a number for drop outs.

Be nice to have more precise numbers than just looking at those who cross the finish line.

If one estimates 2500 runners per core and there are 7 corrals, like at the 2017 Princess 5k, that's 17,500 runners for that race. Is that realistic?

Gonna start the thread for @Texas84 to avoid totally derailing this one.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I still think it's a mix of bibs coming back from charities/TAs, and runDisney splitting up some challenge bibs.

Just checked the race page. Other than the 5k, all the races, including kids, are open. Might try to convince my son-in-law to run either the 10k or Half with me.

LAKid53

Premium Member
If this trend continues, will it be enough to finally push runDisney to begin allowing deferrals or transfers?

Or perhaps realize they made an error in moving the Half to morning? Nah.....

ETA: All the races for Super Heroes, other than kids, are still open. You'd think with the race falling on Veteran's Day weekend, it would be more attractive....

BackOTheLine

I woke this morning and realized I hadn't submitted a PoT for the 2 course challenge. Anyone ever have any luck trying to appeal to the Run Gods and get a late submission in?i emailed Trackshack this morning even though it says no emailed PoT repeatedly... sometimes I such an idiot. :(

BackOTheLine

I woke this morning and realized I hadn't submitted a PoT for the 2 course challenge. Anyone ever have any luck trying to appeal to the Run Gods and get a late submission in?i emailed Trackshack this morning even though it says no emailed PoT repeatedly... sometimes I such an idiot. :(

Replying to my own post - got email back this morning telling me that they reviewed my active.com account and all my info was there. I definitely didn't submit it this time. Does anyone know if they will pull info from a previous proof of time submission for another runDisney event? I submitted a time before the Dark Side half in 2016....

Texas84

Replying to my own post - got email back this morning telling me that they reviewed my active.com account and all my info was there. I definitely didn't submit it this time. Does anyone know if they will pull info from a previous proof of time submission for another runDisney event? I submitted a time before the Dark Side half in 2016....

They will not submit a previous time for you. But bring a proof of time to runner services at the expo. You never know.

Mark P.

Medal designs revealed:
askjdhq132.jpg

RunningKoen

Well, turns out runDisney figured out how to use social media as a pro.
They used instagram Stories to showcase the medals way better than the blogpost.
https://www.instagram.com/rundisney/
There's a movieclip of the challenge medal opening up in their instagram post, but to enjoy the goodies, you must check their profile with the instagram app and watch the story.

I am slightly falling in love with the challenge medal, to a point where I'm casually checking plane tickets. Someone save me?

This medal is a must have for the ones who love the foreign countries theme from Epcot

Edit: resized the images..

AdYg4DT.jpg

ShQkC9q.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
Well, turns out runDisney figured out how to use social media as a pro.
They used instagram Stories to showcase the medals way better than the blogpost.
https://www.instagram.com/rundisney/
There's a movieclip of the challenge medal opening up in their instagram post, but to enjoy the goodies, you must check their profile with the instagram app and watch the story.

I am slightly falling in love with the challenge medal, to a point where I'm casually checking plane tickets. Someone save me?

AdYg4DT.jpg

ShQkC9q.jpg

Save you, on this forum? No way......we'll be asking what your time was after you finish.... You know you want to do it.

Thanks for the link - I might change my mind about the Challenge medal...

RunningKoen

Save you, on this forum? No way......we'll be asking what your time was after you finish.... You know you want to do it.

Thanks for the link - I might change my mind about the Challenge medal...
Who am I kidding. I already checked all announced rD events and none are at moments when I can miss work (running on sunday and flying back to Europe means at least missing 1 workday), where I already have to beg for the DLP half weekend. And even if I could, cant afford it.

The challenge medal is really great. But they are announcing with quite a bang because the event isnt sold out yet ;-)
To anyone who is doing the challenge: good luck, Im jealous

LAKid53

Premium Member
Who am I kidding. I already checked all announced rD events and none are at moments when I can miss work (running on sunday and flying back to Europe means at least missing 1 workday), where I already have to beg for the DLP half weekend.

The challenge medal is really great. But they are announcing with quite a bang because the event isnt sold out yet ;-)
To anyone who is doing the challenge: good luck, Im jealous

Understand. We raise a glass to your absence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom