Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Texas84

Definitely, congrats on the first!

One more thing, this year you had to go through the main entrance with your nasty checked bag and go through security. Felt bad for security! :eek:

Runnin'Gator

One more thing, this year you had to go through the main entrance with your nasty checked bag and go through security. Felt bad for security! :eek:
Fortunately I drove over from the Buena Vista Palace and was able to go to my car afterwards and drop off my stuff. Walked into the park only with what I needed.

yelena's aunt

My thought too as we approached the bag check table. Fortunately, the security person at my table was smart and just kind of mushed the stuff around in the clear bag and sent me on my way.

soarin

My husband and I both ran the Wine and Dine. It was our first half for both of us. We both started in corral B, we had submitted times from a 10K over the summer. It was an amazing first experience. I wished I had brought some throw away clothes to wear before the race as it was colder than I expected. The entertainment on the course was great. My favorite was on the overpass with sarge yelling at you. I also loved all the people cheering you on from DHS all the way through to Epcot. There were quite a lot of people walking but it seemed like they may have been doing the 3:1 run/walk method as you would hear a lot of timers going off. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to sign up for the Princess half last week. I got n just days before it sold out!

TakeMeThere81

Question for those of you who have done this race in the past...when does registration open? I am considering the race, being that it is over Veterans Day weekend (at least if it is the same weekend as last year it will be), so it may be doable with my school schedule (it would be a long weekend and nothing more).

It seems registration for these races sells out so quickly! I want to make sure that if I know I am going, I get in!

Nancy G.

Question for those of you who have done this race in the past...when does registration open? I am considering the race, being that it is over Veterans Day weekend (at least if it is the same weekend as last year it will be), so it may be doable with my school schedule (it would be a long weekend and nothing more).

It seems registration for these races sells out so quickly! I want to make sure that if I know I am going, I get in!
Go to www.rundisney.com, and look for Wine and Dine Half Marathon. It says registration will open on March 12. You can sign up for e-mail reminders, so you don't miss out. It usually sells out, but not til like June or so.

WallyWorld

Just a WILD guess...but I wonder if the Disneyland Half sold out SO fast because it was one of only 2 races on the west coast to earn a Coast to Coast and a great demand to get it from those who ran the 20th WDW marathon.

That and the added 10K/Dumbo Double Dare

Nancy G.

Just a WILD guess...but I wonder if the Disneyland Half sold out SO fast because it was one of only 2 races on the west coast to earn a Coast to Coast and a great demand to get it from those who ran the 20th WDW marathon.

Could be..I signed up when registration opened. Always good to make sure you get it. It may sell out sooner each year, who knows?

dreamfinder

Easy to think both of those contributed. Also, doing the DLR 1/2 gives you more overall opportunities to do the C2C. Doing the Tinkerbell means that many people can realistically only run the W&D 1/2. Lots of people would be a bit put off by having to run two halfs within under a month. Especially with Tinkerbell falling what, 1 week after Marathon weekend this year? Yes, doing the Tinkerbell, you could do the Princess a month later, but thats just way to close for some people. Doing the DLR lets you do either Marathon weekend, or Princess.

TakeMeThere81

Well and there is something special about doing the signature Disney Parks races (WDW marathon, Disneyland Half Marathon) as opposed to the "themed" races. I think that is kind of special :)

a2grafix

Question, and I have been searching on this thread and around runDisney's sites and other half and marathon sites ... how much is the Wine and Dine Half? I know I can afford it - I just paid $175 for the 2013 Disneyland Half. How much has registration been in previous years? Counting down the next 5-6 weeks until March 12 when registration opens.

Mad Stitch

Entry Fees and Deadlines
Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon
  • $175 by June 18, 2013
  • $190 between June 19 and August 13, 2013
  • $205 on or after August 14, 2013
Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5K
  • $50 per participant
  • $55 per Stroller division participant
runDisney Kids' Races
  • $15 per Kids' Dash participant
  • $30 per One Mile Run participant
runFinish Line Party Tickets
  • $74 by August 13, 2013
  • $84 between August 14 and October 29, 2013
  • $94 on or after October 30, 2013

a2grafix

Yeah, expensive, but I will take it because the 2013 Disneyland Half entry fee was $175, and a little over $200 with a the special pin.

All right, just have to make sure I have it earmarked.

So far 2013 is looking to be BIG - 1 half already paid for and run, the Disneyland Half already paid for, $175-$200 for the Wine and Diner Half, and likely $100 or so for the Memphis St. Jude Half (registration is sometime in March).

LindsayLoves

Geez, it's getting expensive.

True that! But I would never pay that much for a half outside of Disney, just not the same experience and that's what Disney is selling, an experience not a race. I paid $117 for the NYC Half that was super competitive to get into and how often do you get to run from Central Park through a closed off Times Square down to the Seaport? Not something easily done unless its 3am. I can justify the high cost for the experience, not sure if I could pay $200 for a half, right now that is my threshold.

Runnin'Gator

True that! But I would never pay that much for a half outside of Disney, just not the same experience and that's what Disney is selling, an experience not a race. I paid $117 for the NYC Half that was super competitive to get into and how often do you get to run from Central Park through a closed off Times Square down to the Seaport? Not something easily done unless its 3am. I can justify the high cost for the experience, not sure if I could pay $200 for a half, right now that is my threshold.
I am thinking this will be my only Disney race during the running season. I would love to run more of them but the 5Ks aren't worth the cost and I wasn't impressed by the Tower of Terror. I'll save on the race and the hotel room and use that money for other races and grad classes.

a2grafix

I e-mailed runDisney asking if they have released the pricing for the 2013 Wine and Dine Half, and at the same time I asked you all on this thread if anyone knew the pricing. Though we know the pricing above (thanks Mad Stitch, where did you find the fees?), I received a response from runDisney on Friday. They said the Wine and Diner pricing has not been set yet.

We have not yet finalized pricing for this event.

Thanks,
runDisney

Shall we still go under the assumption the entry fees will be in the $175 range?

a2grafix

Well, posted too soon. Yup. runDisney posted the prices - $175 for the half, before June.

Question, what was the entry fee in the run the half the last few years?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom