Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

yelena's aunt

Power finally back Friday night. Laundry done and I am ready to roll. Oops! Few more days before I get on the plane - can't wait! Have my little folder of DME, hotel and race paperwork all together. I am going to get a Disney gift card at the local BJ's for some spending money while down there. It might only save you 4% but that is better than most savings accounts these days.

wilkeliza

Hey guys so I know I'm not running this one but I would still love to get to meet some of you guys before the race so when I see you run into EPCOT I can cheer extra loud for you.

I still don't know what I'm doing as far as race goes so I'll either be out in the World Showcase after the event just walking around congratulating people or I will be on the course cheering you on.

Texas84

Weather forecast: High 74, low 52, humidity at night 82%.

We ordered 'Team Monica' shirts for the run. Hope they make it in. A tri-athlete friend of ours was hit by a car while biking. She has spinal injuries but the toes are wiggling! We're dedicating the race to her. I'll post if they make it.

Runnin'Gator

We have had some nice running weather here in Tampa Bay the last few days. We should have a lot easier time of it than at the Tower of Terror.

Kristia

Good luck to everyone this weekend! Hope the noreaster coming tomorrow doesn't interfere with anyone's travel plans!

dreamfinder

Don't know if you guys heard this but Ralph from Wreck-It Ralph will be making his race debut at the Wine and Dine half marathon.

Brilliant move. Have him in the post party, and let him sample wines all night long. Then he can proceed to Wreck stuff all he wants. Great tie in.

worldtraveler

Bad news, I caught a bad cold yesterday. I've been loading up on vitamin c. Plane leaves Thursday morning for Orlando. Any tips to get rid of this thing? I think I'll be fine to race, it's just an annoyance.

Texas84

Bad news, I caught a bad cold yesterday. I've been loading up on vitamin c. Plane leaves Thursday morning for Orlando. Any tips to get rid of this thing? I think I'll be fine to race, it's just an annoyance.
Chicken soup! But seriously, maybe find something to clear your air passages. My cousin had a cold at ToT and couldn't finish because she couldn't breathe. Just be careful whatever you do does not cause dehydration.

Ariel484

Chicken soup! But seriously, maybe find something to clear your air passages. My cousin had a cold at ToT and couldn't finish because she couldn't breathe. Just be careful whatever you do does not cause dehydration.

Another vote for chicken soup! YUM. I'd also suggest trying to get more sleep in the days leading up to the race and drinking lots of water. Do you have any more runs scheduled before the race? If so, you might want to think about just skipping them and resting up for race day - I'd imagine anything you have scheduled at this point would be 3-4 miles, and it certainly won't hurt your performance to skip a shorter run. I hope you feel better soon!

worldtraveler

Another vote for chicken soup! YUM. I'd also suggest trying to get more sleep in the days leading up to the race and drinking lots of water. Do you have any more runs scheduled before the race? If so, you might want to think about just skipping them and resting up for race day - I'd imagine anything you have scheduled at this point would be 3-4 miles, and it certainly won't hurt your performance to skip a shorter run. I hope you feel better soon!

Well, I've landed and am on dme as I type this. Video getting ready to start, but I feel better already. Ears haven't popped yet, but I feel really good. Just can't decide which park to visit first

CP_alum08

How do you guys already have bib numbers/coral placements? Don't you get your bibs when you check in? This is my first too...obviously :)

Texas84

How do you guys already have bib numbers/coral placements? Don't you get your bibs when you check in? This is my first too...obviously :)
Your waiver has your bib #. The download link should have e-mailed. There is also a link in this thread for corral placement. I'm too lazy to go look. Plus I'm busy packing! :D

CP_alum08

Your waiver has your bib #. The download link should have e-mailed. There is also a link in this thread for corral placement. I'm too lazy to go look. Plus I'm busy packing! :D
Thanks got it!

I'm also trying to figure out the changing afterwards thing. I know you can check a bag and pick it up after the race but I've read that was terrible last year. We will have a car and will be parked at EPCOT before the race, if I leave clothes in there will I be able to get back into EPCOT after I change?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom