Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
What an amazing experience!

I feel so bad for the person next to me at the finish line. I look like I've murdered a bunch of people! I didn't realize I was such an un-photogenic runner!

My picture is making the rounds with my friend and work group, and I'm being properly ribbed lol.

This experience / training was amazing, and I can't wait to do it again! (My wallet can though)
Ok...now we need to see your photos

lightningtap347

See the resemblance?

Attachments

• scary2.PNG
    scary2.PNG
    134.8 KB · Views: 110
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 108

OG Runner

What an amazing experience!

I feel so bad for the person next to me at the finish line. I look like I've murdered a bunch of people! I didn't realize I was such an un-photogenic runner!

My picture is making the rounds with my friend and work group, and I'm being properly ribbed lol.

This experience / training was amazing, and I can't wait to do it again! (My wallet can though)

I can definitely relate. It amazes me to see people's photos at the end of a half or full marathon, all smiles and barely sweating.
Me, I recover well, but look like death warmed over coming over the finish line. :D

MoonRakerSCM

Well that was a fun week. My friends were pretty miffed at them for being out of some merch when we showed up at the expo on mid day Friday.

That 10k start was chilly! We somehow lost track of what was going on when we rounded that last bend into the starting area... and we realized we had wandered to the right side too much (which wasn't moving as much as the left) and started the 10k at the VERY BACK. We have photos of literally US and the balloon ladies. I was very concerned about my one friend as she is not the fastest, but she made it and was not swept!

Having never ran at WDW before, I really enjoyed the courses (compared to DL). Not being the fastest person, I'm always in the rear... and at DL it gets a bit blah being out on the streets of Anaheim alone... and that never happened during this run. I noticed I was always with people and running through the parks spaced out like that was a blast.

I'm pretty sure I'll be back to one of these before I do DL again... even with the overall trip cost difference... I really enjoyed it that much more compared to DL.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Well that was a fun week. My friends were pretty miffed at them for being out of some merch when we showed up at the expo on mid day Friday.

That 10k start was chilly! We somehow lost track of what was going on when we rounded that last bend into the starting area... and we realized we had wandered to the right side too much (which wasn't moving as much as the left) and started the 10k at the VERY BACK. We have photos of literally US and the balloon ladies. I was very concerned about my one friend as she is not the fastest, but she made it and was not swept!

Having never ran at WDW before, I really enjoyed the courses (compared to DL). Not being the fastest person, I'm always in the rear... and at DL it gets a bit blah being out on the streets of Anaheim alone... and that never happened during this run. I noticed I was always with people and running through the parks spaced out like that was a blast.

I'm pretty sure I'll be back to one of these before I do DL again... even with the overall trip cost difference... I really enjoyed it that much more compared to DL.

Glad you had fun!

Surferboy567

Have any virtual runners heard about their medals and shirts shipping out yet? I haven’t had any movement on mine. I just did the virtual 10K for Wine & Dine.

EPCOT-O.G.

How is the post-race party like? My wife and I are thinking of doing this race next year and using this opportunity to have as our EPCOT visit during that trip. We tend to do EPCOT more for the vibes anyway but not sure how crowded things get during the after hours (lines, food waits, etc.). Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom