Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Figment82

Saw a post on FB that the Ataxia-Telangiectasia A-T Children’s Project has a limited number of Half and Challenge bibs available. They usually just participate in the WDW Marathon Weekend events, but rD required them to purchase W&D/Princess charity bibs as well. No fundraising required, they’re just having a hard time filling their W&D spots. rD is asking that they must be purchased and registered by 5:00pm tomorrow, October 14th, if anyone is on the fence or knows someone who’s still looking!

This also implies that we’ll hopefully see bib/corral placement soon, as it looks like rD is trying to wrap up all registrations this week.

skiir97

Interesting wording regarding start groups:

• runDisney will be utilizing Start Groups to follow health and safety guidelines and manage the flow of participants from the staging area to the start of the race. Your start group designation is a small “s” followed by a number (such as s1, s2, s3, s4) and is located in the upper corner of your bib.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

• runDisney will be utilizing Start Groups to follow health and safety guidelines and manage the flow of participants from the staging area to the start of the race. Your start group designation is a small “s” followed by a number (such as s1, s2, s3, s4) and is located in the upper corner of your bib.

I'm predicting chaos the morning of the 5k. Bet that's why start times were pushed back to 5:00 AM.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Guide has been updated! A lot (most) of the content is missing, but it’s a step in the right direction.

https://guide.rundisney.events/
The interactive course maps are working at least! (still not running through any more of Hollywood Studios than before 🙁) 5k, 10k, half are below. Still no link from the RunDisney webpage, so it looks like we are getting the sneak peek 😁

D9A373A4-EA04-4BF6-84AF-895EF537A995.jpeg403FB98A-7A03-486F-83FF-80CB7AEA474A.jpeg599CEAAD-B3CF-4E3F-9A90-2456715F1F51.jpeg

Figment82

The interactive course maps are working at least! (still not running through any more of Hollywood Studios than before 🙁) 5k, 10k, half are below. Still no link from the RunDisney webpage, so it looks like we are getting the sneak peek 😁

View attachment 593419View attachment 593417View attachment 593418
Yeah, a lot of the content appeared broken when I first opened the page, but looks like more is displaying correctly now!

I’m happy to see that the finish through Future World is more “back to normal”. Can’t wait to run past SSE again - that area, especially with the cheering Guests entering the park, always gives me a nice boost to push to the finish.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Is there really any point in this when they are happy to do this in MK?

The-Worlds-Most-Magical-Celebration_Full_44589.jpg

Surferboy567

Skimmed the guide, was interested to find that it hasn’t fully been updated clicking on the individual distances takes you to Princess 2020 despite the metal artwork being correct.

Need to analyze it more closely, but at a glance everything seems about what I expected. Not sure if this was mentioned, I didn’t see it but is their any mention of the characters being modified? I assume corrals are done the same as they were before as well? I’m taking what is hear and trying to apply it to future races.

Rose&Crown

I really don’t get what this is going to do in terms of crowd control

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I really don’t get what this is going to do in terms of crowd control
I'm left with a lot of questions, as this appears to be what they will do for Marathon and Princess Wknd.
-Will start group 2 arrive after start group one has crossed the startline?
or will they have start group 1 in the starting group area and have start group 2 in the Welcome Plaza as a holding area?

View attachment 593419View attachment 593417View attachment 593418
Did you notice they have runner's running pass the front of the new Creations Shop and Club Cool for the half. Looks like a fun finish!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'm left with a lot of questions, as this appears to be what they will do for Marathon and Princess Wknd.
-Will start group 2 arrive after start group one has crossed the startline?
or will they have start group 1 in the starting group area and have start group 2 in the Welcome Plaza as a holding area?

Did you notice they have runner's running pass the front of the new Creations Shop and Club Cool for the half. Looks like a fun finish!

We've always run past that area on the way to the finish line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom