News Disney will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World

Disney Glimpses

The rate of vaccinations under age 12 when they become available is going to be incredibly low. If you're relying on that cohort getting vaccinated before things return completely to normal, I suggest you prepare for disappointment.
Just following up on this: So far less than 1/4 of 12-18 year olds have received a first dose of the vaccine (which is widely available). Expect the rate of vaccination below age 12 to be much lower.

This policy cannot rely on these cohorts being vaccinated and not because they don't need to get vaccinated (different debate) but because it is simply unrealistic.

It appears the CDC is gearing up to make major changes by the end of this month, based on their tone this morning. They are calling June the "month of action." It's clear signs are pointing to things moving on but we must seek out every last person we can convince to get vaccianted.

gerarar

Premium Member
Parking tram queues being restored at Epcot apparently which could signal their return soon
DCBA5DEC-3486-4FED-8106-81E0ECDB3B9C.jpeg

Only saw this reported on the site that shall not be named, so not sure how reliable this is or if it’s a far reach of an assumption.

Disney Glimpses

At this point, why physically distance at all? It’s not like anyone’s paying attention anymore.
Optics. We have proof now that's all this is about.

3 ft. distancing for single guests might be protective to some degree. But 3 ft. distancing markers for parties of multiple people to stand on is not only equivalent to zero distancing, but it might actually inadvertently bring parties closer together.

Parker in NYC

Optics. We have proof now that's all this is about.

3 ft. distancing for single guests might be protective to some degree. But 3 ft. distancing markers for parties of multiple people to stand on is not only equivalent to zero distancing, but it might actually inadvertently bring parties closer together.
Optics for whom, lawyers?

Disney Glimpses

Optics for whom, lawyers?
No. It is clear they are taking a snails pace towards returning to normal so slow that you almost don't even notice it is happening. Many of their guests still strongly favor COVID-19 measures. They also don't want to jarringly remove measures overnight and potentially ruin a very expensive once in a lifetime vacation for a family who just arrived at one of their resorts or is in the middle of their trip.

When I say 'optics' I mean they are measures that do very little except show that they have measures. It's a way to wean people off of them. Universal has taken a different approach that clearly Disney is not comfortable with. The media also reports things that Disney does very differently than they do when Universal does something.

So ripping the band-aid off very slowly earns them virtually no COVID-19 press which is exactly how they want it.

And if this is the case, indoor masks will likely be the very last and final COVID-19 measure at WDW.

Parker in NYC

No. It is clear they are taking a snails pace towards returning to normal so slow that you almost don't even notice it is happening. Many of their guests still strongly favor COVID-19 measures. They also don't want to jarringly remove measures overnight and potentially ruin a very expensive once in a lifetime vacation for a family who just arrived at one of their resorts or is in the middle of their trip.

When I say 'optics' I mean they are measures that do very little except show that they have measures. It's a way to wean people off of them. Universal has taken a different approach that clearly Disney is not comfortable with. The media also reports things that Disney does very differently than they do when Universal does something. So ripping the band-aid off very slowly earns them virtually no COVID-19 press which is exactly how they want it.

And if this is the case, indoor masks will likely be the very last and final COVID-19 measure at WDW.
Understandable. I just don’t think anyone would blink an eye at this point. If you’re neck in neck walking down Main Street what does it matter now?

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Just following up on this: So far less than 1/4 of 12-18 year olds have received a first dose of the vaccine (which is widely available). Expect the rate of vaccination below age 12 to be much lower.

This policy cannot rely on these cohorts being vaccinated and not because they don't need to get vaccinated (different debate) but because it is simply unrealistic.

It appears the CDC is gearing up to make major changes by the end of this month, based on their tone this morning. They are calling June the "month of action." It's clear signs are pointing to things moving on but we must seek out every last person we can convince to get vaccianted.
I think at this point, everyone who wants one has gotten vaccinated. There's been ALOT of opportunity for everyone, if they want it.

Andrew M

Wasn't physical distancing the official reason why the Epcot Monorail line wasn't operating? Does that mean it's going to start running soon?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom