News Disney will begin reducing physical distancing to 3ft over the next few weeks at Walt Disney World

Skywise

They have been testing the facial recognition systems at park entry, and I have a feeling that will be what they use going forward. And people will just have to get over the fact that they are using it by remembering that the system is NOT storing a picture of your face, but only a numerical representation of it, just like the fingerprint scanners did.
I honestly don't have a problem with that. Many of my family members had weird problems with the fingerprint scanners - even though I thought they were designed with obvious and simple ways to use them. My mom never put her finger on the scanner in the same way so she was always getting her picture taken regardless and my sister kept putting her thumb on it in a "thumbs down fist" manner with a 50-50 success rate.

The facial recognition part is just going to be easier/faster I think.

TrainsOfDisney

They have been testing the facial recognition systems at park entry, and I have a feeling that will be what they use going forward. And people will just have to get over the fact that they are using it by remembering that the system is NOT storing a picture of your face, but only a numerical representation of it, just like the fingerprint scanners did.
I thought I read that Disney had ended the testing and wasn’t going forward with facial? I think it was on Tom Bricker’s blog but I can’t remember. Are they still testing it?

Dreaming of Disney World

I honestly don't have a problem with that. Many of my family members had weird problems with the fingerprint scanners - even though I thought they were designed with obvious and simple ways to use them. My mom never put her finger on the scanner in the same way so she was always getting her picture taken regardless and my sister kept putting her thumb on it in a "thumbs down fist" manner with a 50-50 success rate.

The facial recognition part is just going to be easier/faster I think.
I also always had problems with it. I always got my picture taken as well and would use that to validate my identity. I wondered if my hand was sweaty or had lotion/sunscreen on it that made it difficult to read my fingerprint. I was the only one in my family who ever had trouble, and I always used the same finger and pressed it down the same way. The facial recognition system sounds much easier.

PixieDustPrincess

When I went to board the Monorail at GF, they told me to "find a spot". I did arrive right after initial boarding was complete but finding an open spot when the dividers in place was a pain.
I was on the monorail from the Contemporary on Thursday and the cast member directed me to a spot. I can understand that they may not do that if they are finishing boarding (not knowing where there may be a free seat). The buses that I have been on seem to be better organized in that regard.

trainplane3

I was on the monorail from the Contemporary on Thursday and the cast member directed me to a spot. I can understand that they may not do that if they are finishing boarding (not knowing where there may be a free seat). The buses that I have been on seem to be better organized in that regard.
Yep, I understood too thats why I wasn't really complaining about it. It's also the reason why I specified it happened after boarding. That was the only time I was on the monorail but I assumed it was better managed.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I’ve been here since last Friday morning. Bus capacity/ loading is really varied by type of bus and driver/ transportation coordinator. The Disney transport busses are pretty big sticklers about counting folks and assigning and spacing seats. The unthemed contracted buses from companies I’m not accustomed to seeing load you up in seats like firewood if there isn’t a transportation coordinator there.

Rubberburner

I also always had problems with it. I always got my picture taken as well and would use that to validate my identity. I wondered if my hand was sweaty or had lotion/sunscreen on it that made it difficult to read my fingerprint. I was the only one in my family who ever had trouble, and I always used the same finger and pressed it down the same way. DeThe facial recognition system sounds much easier.
d

TrainsOfDisney

I also always had problems with it. I always got my picture taken as well and would use that to validate my identity. I wondered if my hand was sweaty or had lotion/sunscreen on it that made it difficult to read my fingerprint. I was the only one in my family who ever had trouble, and I always used the same finger and pressed it down the same way. The facial recognition system sounds much easier.
You know what’s easiest? The Disneyland system where the CM scans your card, verifies your photo and welcomes you to the park.

GimpYancIent

What happened to retinal scanners? OOps sorry forgot about contact lenses! Oh well.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Distance is merely treated as a suggestion these days. I had to ask a kid about 10 to back off after I was closely followed in the Splash line and final straw was my heel stepped on. I just don't understand any reason people would want to be close to others in lines.

Theaters were all over the place with recommended space between guests. CoP had no reccomendation, and Philharmagic, Tiki room, Country Bears, and American Adventure were anywhere from one space three spaces between parties. Frozen show had the CMs walking the rows to direct seating. It'd be great to see some consistency.

zann285

I swear, my phone unlocked today while I was wearing my mask. That was a first. Maybe my poor phone now thinks I no longer have a face!
Not necessarily your case, but with the latest update iPhones can now unlock while you are wearing a mask by using a paired Apple Watch. Basically if you have a apple watch on and the phone determines that you are wearing a mask, it will check if your watch is unlocked as well, and if so, unlock your phone. It has been very handy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom