Disney whirlwind, four parks in a day

ppet

Original Poster
Just wondering if anyone else enjoys doing this. For me it's generally the last day of a longer trip, when we try to go to each park and ride at least one ride, generally a few more. Last trip we had a fast pass for Slinky early then we took the skyway to EPCOT and rode SSE. We then took the monorail to MK and rode PotC and HM. Had my last dole whip of the trip while walking to Contemporary. We then caught a buss to AK to ride the safari. We were back at the resort and in our car tearfully leaving by 5. I might be crazy but this seems like a good way to end a trip. Let me know what you think or how you end your trips.

JIMINYCR

We wouldnt consider doing it. We do park hop to a second park for a change of venue, get away from a more crowded park, or for a dinner reservation. Rushing to four parks just seems like a waste of time and energy that we wouldnt want to waste. We try to make every day as stress free as possible. But theres nothing wrong if you enjoyed doing it and that was how you wanted to end your trip.
Our last day is always spending the entire day at MK. We know we will be back to WDW but can never tell how long between return trips, so we enjoy full immersion in MK as a way to end. The last view of the castle as we say goodbye walking out of the park at night brings the trip to an end.

KaliSplash

I have plotted such a trip on several occasions, but have never actually attempted. Maybe if we were staying a week or more I could "afford" all the travel time just to say I've done it, but I don't think we've ever stayed more than 6 days and we just don't think the travel time is worth it.

ppet

Original Poster
I have plotted such a trip on several occasions, but have never actually attempted. Maybe if we were staying a week or more I could "afford" all the travel time just to say I've done it, but I don't think we've ever stayed more than 6 days and we just don't think the travel time is worth it.
We have done 6 or 7 days trips most of the time. I think this grew out of my early trips where we went commando and tried to do everything in 4 days. talk about tired. At that point AK was a half day park.

Pepper's Ghost

We have done 6 or 7 days trips most of the time. I think this grew out of my early trips where we went commando and tried to do everything in 4 days. talk about tired. At that point AK was a half day park.

"We went commando"? Butt why??? I don't see any beneficial reason to not wear undergarments at the parks. 🤪 🤣

Pepper's Ghost

I have to agree with others. It seems a waste of anywhere between 2 to 4 hours of trekking between parks. I could ride at least a couple more rides at my favorite park in that time, if not more. With that said I don't judge anyone for ending or enjoying their vacation however they want.

For me it's always a repeat of my favorite park at that time, usually MK. Riding HM, PotC, Space Mountain, even the TTA, etc. I love walking through the park and soaking it all in on the last day to tide me over until the next time. Maybe even a last lunch at the Columbia Harbour House. I can't explain that last one logically. For some reason it's just one of my favorites, across from my favorite attraction. 👍

Dave B

We did it our last trip it was SO MUCH FUN, that is all the kids have talked about, we are doing it again in July, hoping to hit a major attraction in each park. We want to Rope Drop FoP, then hit Everest, we are then going to get FP for Slinky Dog or Star Wars and hit ToT and/or Rock and Roll, then to EPCOT for Soarin or Test Track and end in MK with the mountain rides, hoping to pick up a FP after we use FoP

JustAFan

We're on our next to last day today and the plan is to do all 4 today. We had AK fast passes this morning, Rise of the Resistance fast pass at HS (makeup from downtime yesterday), dinner at Epcot (Via Napoli), and plan to finish at MK tonight. It'll be a first for us and we're enjoying it.

ppet

Original Poster
We're on our next to last day today and the plan is to do all 4 today. We had AK fast passes this morning, Rise of the Resistance fast pass at HS (makeup from downtime yesterday), dinner at Epcot (Via Napoli), and plan to finish at MK tonight. It'll be a first for us and we're enjoying it.
Enjoy it and use the travel time to rest up for the next park. :cool:

Pepper's Ghost

A tinge of green. :grumpy:

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
We did it our last trip it was SO MUCH FUN, that is all the kids have talked about, we are doing it again in July, hoping to hit a major attraction in each park. We want to Rope Drop FoP, then hit Everest, we are then going to get FP for Slinky Dog or Star Wars and hit ToT and/or Rock and Roll, then to EPCOT for Soarin or Test Track and end in MK with the mountain rides, hoping to pick up a FP after we use FoP
Dave - I have mentioned this several times in various discussions, but in my experience, the FoP/Everest ropedrop combo is the best bang for your buck at any of the 4 parks. I would recommend getting there 90-120 minutes before official opening to be one of the first at FoP. If you do that, you can then get a SECOND ropedrop at Asia (it was weird being held up again). And Everest at ropedrop is awesome - you can get at least 3 rides with no wait, or if you want first/last row, you can wait for 1-2 trains then get on. Such a great way to start a day!

As to the OP, I've never done it - mostly because of my dislike of the buses. But your strategy seems perfect and like a great way to end a trip.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My wife and I did all 4 parks in November 2012, with a car. Obviously things were a bit different at that time as far as attractions go, and it was what we old-timers call a “slow time” in the parks. ;) We were able to do a few rides in each park - DAK, then DHS, Epcot, finishing at MK with fireworks and a picture with Mickey on our shared birthday. 😀

AndyS2992

Seems a huge waste, you're losing so much time travelling between parks and once you've done said ride you then have the stress of rushing to the next park and that's not for me, we always just stay at Magic Kingdom for the last day.

Worldlover71

I did all 4 parks as a self-challenge on the 45th anniversary back in October 2016. Its is not for everyone and not for every trip, but I had a great day. I started and ended in MK and went to/on at least two attractions in each of the other three parks. I also went back to my room to shower and change after getting soaked in a downpour! 8AM rope drop to midnight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom