Disney Weddings

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
:sohappy: :sohappy:

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!!

WE HAVE JUST BOOKED OUR DISNEY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!

We decided on the Animal Kingdom to stay at and for an intimate cermony at the Wedding Pavillion.

Just wanted to drop by and thank everyone who posted and gave advice.

Trev & Donna xxxx

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Just drop me a PM with a particular on all the times and dates so I can make arrangements. :D :lol: :lookaroun

Nemo14

Thanks everyone for all your help!!!!!

WE HAVE JUST BOOKED OUR DISNEY WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!

We decided on the Animal Kingdom to stay at and for an intimate cermony at the Wedding Pavillion.

Just wanted to drop by and thank everyone who posted and gave advice.

Trev & Donna xxxx

Congratulations! Hope you have a magical time!

kevandsara

We are getting married at Sunset Point in three weeks... October 14. It is an Intimate wedding with 10 people total, including us, bride and groom (that is the max # people allowed for this site). The officiant is NOT included as part of the Intimate package at this time. Disney provided an extensive list of officiants from various denominations to contact, but we did have to schedule it on our own and pay for it (about $250).

We also had to stay at least four nights at a Disney resort (we are staying at Wilderness Lodge), and the stay at the resort is a charge above and beyond the wedding package price. There is included for a package price of $2500: two hours of photographer, a photo album with 20 pictures, two hours of viloinist, four hours of limo service, a two-tier cake with Mickey & Minnie topper, bottle of Fairytale Curvee champagne, and bouquet & boutonniere. There are many other options available for additional fees, but we did not select any (video, more photos, Cinderella's carriage, etc).

If Sunset Point wasn't available, our personal second choice would have been the balcony at Wilderness Lodge. It overlooks a beautiful location and seems very private and secluded. But that's just our personal taste.

A previous poster said you may have to make a pre-planning trip... that is not true for an Intimate wedding. We planned the entire event via email, phone and fax.

Hope this helps. :)

McArcDes

:sohappy: Congratulations!!!! I bet you are really excited!!! :sohappy:

That has answered a lot of my questions. We have decided on staying at the animal kingdom lodge, which I am going to book as soon as I get a chance.

As for the venue, we are still very much in three minds. We are seriously looking at the Wedding Pavillion now.

Thank you, we leave on Wendsday and are very very excited!

Dagger

I am envious about the WDW weddings! If I could go back to April when we realized we were going to end up having to invite everyone, I would've switched it to a very intimate wedding/HM in WDW!

Our honeymoon is still gonna be there though :)

Congrats ladies

MayBWeRMnt2B

I am actually getting married at the Wedding Pavilion in December 2007. Basically, I priced it out myself with the help of the wishbook on the Disney wedding website, and it's 8,000 for my intimate wedding with 18 guests and extras.

The only thing that isn't including is rooms, and you need a 4 night stay to book an intimate wedding.

Also, Disney won't let you plan anything now until you book and reserve a date. :) I'll start planning mine in December once I reserve the date. Also, you plan everything for an intimate wedding over the phone, email, and fax. I asked if I needed to schedule an appointment and they said that it is not neccessary for such a small wedding. You tell them what you want, they take care of the rest.

Also remember, intimate weddings can only be monday through thursday.

Macaylasmom

I think the French Quarter is very romantic. I love how small the hotel is. Port Orleans Riverside is beautiful too. I've never stayed there, but road through on the buses. The resort is quite larger than POFQ. If you can make a splurge, try one of the DVC resorts. Good Luck!!!

DisneyPirate85

There is a small pavillion on the lake at The Boardwalk. Did the planner mention that?

I've also seen weddings at the Wilderness Lodge in one of the viewing lounges, and also at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I think as far as value/romantic goes, many would suggest POR.

YES YES, Listen to Mom, the Pavillion is on the lake with the lighthouse from Yaht Club/Beach Club in the Background across the Lake. AND definately consider POR it is BEAUTIFULL, they also have a carriage ride in POR, Magnolia Tree's,Spanish Moss, Is a lovely walk.:wave:

Teenchy

Good luck and Congrats...I may be a bit late in adding any adivce as it looks like you have made you decisions but if you want some ideas (although costly :lol:) please feel free to read my wedding report in my signature.

I do have to say that Rev. Jack Day is the best. Not only will he make you feel comfortable and things will go smoothly he makes you feel like you have know him for years. Our families thought we must have spent so much time with him as he made our ceremony seem so personal. He is very willing to adjust his suggested ceremony formats to fit your personalilty or vows etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom