Disney Wedding Insider Tips?

Raychul

Original Poster
I just got engaged at WDW! *squeals with excitement*

Although I have no idea of wedding planning and such (I'm not that girl who has had all of this planned out since I was 5) but we both know we want it to be at WDW.

I have been trying to gather information online and the Disney Wedding site is super helpful...but what are some tips and tricks that they don't tell you on the official site? What are some issues or surprises you ran into for any of you who did get married at The World?

Anything would be helpful! Tips, tricks, suggestions, warnings....anything! Just thinking about planning a wedding makes me feel like I am over my head. So thank you!!!

wiigirl

Congratulations!! :)
75.gif

wdwpooh1027

OMG WOW Congrats...My fiancee and I just set our date up there. We actually just got back on the 11th. Couple good thing to know is that with the room-blocks..they are discounted(Deluxe 30% except Polynesian, Moderate 15% and Value 10% excepts Art of Animation..also discounted tickets. Hope this helps a bit. And Congrats again. :)

stlbobby

Although I have no idea of wedding planning and such (I'm not that girl who has had all of this planned out since I was 5) but we both know we want it to be at WDW.

I have been trying to gather information online and the Disney Wedding site is super helpful...but what are some tips and tricks that they don't tell you on the official site? What are some issues or surprises you ran into for any of you who did get married at The World?

Anything would be helpful! Tips, tricks, suggestions, warnings....anything! Just thinking about planning a wedding makes me feel like I am over my head. So thank you!!!

I don't have anything specific, but in general don't be afraid to ask the CM's for help and ideas. When I did my wedding I was surprised at how helpful everyone was in making everything special. The people at the resorts, restaurants, and other venues really want to help make things special. You'll be surprised how prepared they are with special event menus and options. If you give them enough lead time they can make just about anything happen.

stlbobby

Actually I do have one specific tip. I took a short trip to WDW about three months out to scout out places, talk to venue managers face to face, and get direct contact information. It really helped.

Hrudey3032

BTW Raych you do realize every gamer nerd and fanboi hearts are breaking reading this status :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much love and happiness. The only tip I have is get happily ever after buttons and wear bride and groom mouse ears everywhere I've seen cast members be even nicer and they may come up with a surprise.

Sweet Melissa

Congratulations and best wishes! How exciting for you. We chose a Swan wedding but the most useful tool to me when looking in to a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding was Carrie Hayward's e-book, Passporter's Disney Weddings and Honeymoons Guidebook. She updates it regularly with lots of information that Disney doesn't publish, including pricing and photos of venues that aren't really advertised.

I still reference it as we're planning some on-property events like an IllumiNations dessert party after our rehearsal dinner and a brunch the day after the wedding. It's been really invaluable to have all that information in one place.

http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp

Raychul

Original Poster
Congratulations and best wishes! How exciting for you. We chose a Swan wedding but the most useful tool to me when looking in to a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding was Carrie Hayward's e-book, Passporter's Disney Weddings and Honeymoons Guidebook. She updates it regularly with lots of information that Disney doesn't publish, including pricing and photos of venues that aren't really advertised.

I still reference it as we're planning some on-property events like an IllumiNations dessert party after our rehearsal dinner and a brunch the day after the wedding. It's been really invaluable to have all that information in one place.

http://www.passporter.com/weddings.asp

Thank you soooo much for this!!! <3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom