disney waterpark question

Runmyhorse

Original Poster
I was curious if anyone could tell me if it cost extra for certain things in the water park? We are thinking of adding a water park day in sept to TL. I thought I saw where snorkeling was extra. Can anyone tell me if this is true and if there is a charge for anything else.

emcclay

Towel and locker rental. They also offer refillable mugs exclusive to the water parks. Otherwise all activities in park are included with your admission :)

Edit: Surf school at TL costs extra.

pumpkin7

You know, we never did the snorkeling last time because I could have sworn there was a sign up saying that it cost $20 each. I can't wait to do the snorkeling this time!

Mrs Potts

If I am reading this correctly, towels are not available at all and you have to rent them. Is this true? I was wondering if we needed to pack beach towels for our trip.

We did the snorkeling thing years ago and it was free. I thought there was no additional charge but it will be interesting to see if this changes.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know, we never did the snorkeling last time because I could have sworn there was a sign up saying that it cost $20 each. I can't wait to do the snorkeling this time!
You are thinking of the S.A.S. Adventure. This is basically snorkeling with a small scuba tank and regulator. Unlike the free snorkeling where you are basically ushered from one side of a giant aquarium to the other, you can hang gout and take your time. The cost is $20 per half hour.

OldYeller

Renting the towels is relatively cheap($2) and, in my opinion, worth it. One less thing to worry about remembering at the end of the day. Nothing can turn a good day into a disaster quicker than losing track of a 4-year old's favorite Ariel towel.

luv

All the water attractions are included with the admission cost, including the Swim With The Sharks thing, which is quick, but fun. Long lines build - do it really early!

Beach towels, like every single other thing you could possibly need in a water park, are available for sale. You could seriously get beamed to a water park in the middle of your work day and buy everything you needed in the gift shop! Plus, food, alcohol, ice cream, treats, mini donuts and a refillable mug...all for sale. The mugs are $10. If you bring it back to use again, its only $7. I bring water and refill with free water. :)

White, bath-sized towels may be rented for $2/piece. I prefer to bring my own towels, but they do take up a lot of room in a suitcase!

There are special things you can pay extra to do, like hang out doing that SAS thing mentioned or try you hand at surfing in the wave pool before the park opens, but everything to normally do is included.

They do provide rafts and tubes, where their use is allowed. You cannot (!) bring your own tubes or those long foam stick things kids like to use to hit each other.

Life vests are also free. If you child is not a strong swimmer, put a vest on them! The lifeguards are good, but wave pools are difficult to watch...Blizzard has all those donut rafts and Typhoon has the big wave...if in any doubt, utilize the freebie life preservers. They're free to use!

Soarin2u

As, everyone else said, everything but food, mugs, towels and lockers! Since it seems to be your first time going to a water park, I have some real quicky tips for you.

1. Get there early. You may think "yea, yea to be the first ones to ride," but that's not exactly why I am saying this. You'll probably want a place to put towels, sunscreen etc, for easier access. They do offer chairs, but they fill up, FAST, you'll want a good one, trust me!
2. Watch out for the waterfalls if you HATE cold water. No, it's not even water, it's liquid ice ;) However, they are great ways to annoy your sister with by pushing them under one! If you find yourself in a bad situation, find the nearest kiddie tube and place it over your head! The have no hole at the bottom! KIDDIE SHIELD OF LIQUID ICE!

3. Water shoes, if you have them, bring them. The pavement gets HOT! Yes you can take the amazing lazy river as a nice, refreshing transportation system, but there will still be steps and concrete! And, no, no matter how hard you try to dampen your feet, you WILL feel the pain!

4. WARNING, Go to the bathroom with shoes! There is nothing more disgusting than walking on a slimy, wet bathroom floor. Yuck!

5. If you go to BB, (which you can go to both TL and BB with a pass) watch out for the Summit Plumit. Unless you have a butt of steel, I would save it for last! I will hurt , because they don't just 'gush' water down, they go all firehyrdron exploding on you water gushing down! Still a amazing slide though, painful but worth it.

6. Lazy river= Monorail of the the water park.

7. Food- Eat during the slightly more crowded part of the day. It'll be less crowded when you eat because everyone else is on the rides!

8. Have fun!

Sorry, that wasn't so quick but, a few of those tips will make some gigantic impacts on your day at the parks!

pumpkin7

You are thinking of the S.A.S. Adventure. This is basically snorkeling with a small scuba tank and regulator. Unlike the free snorkeling where you are basically ushered from one side of a giant aquarium to the other, you can hang gout and take your time. The cost is $20 per half hour.

Yeah me and my dad have done the normal one before. It was quick, and very cold, but still enjoyable. I'm just gutted I totally misread the sign during our last trip.

luv

Yeah me and my dad have done the normal one before. It was quick, and very cold, but still enjoyable. I'm just gutted I totally misread the sign during our last trip.
Gutted = disappointedly bummed out. (I learned this from Dave & Di (well, really just Di, lol.)

Thought I'd help all the Americans who were picturing a disemboweled person. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom