Disney Voice Talent Jerry Orbach Dies

brkgnews

Original Poster
Associated Press is reporting that Jerry Orbach has died...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=7&u=/ap/20041229/ap_on_en_tv/obit_jerry_orbach

Internet Movie Databse credits him for the following Disney-related voice roles...

Mickey's PhilharMagic (2003) (voice) (uncredited) .... Lumiere
"House of Mouse" (2001) <SMALL>TV Series</SMALL> (voice) .... Lumiere
Belle's Magical World (1998) (V) (voice) .... Lumiere
... aka Disney's Belle's Magical World (USA: complete title)
Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas (1997) (V) (voice) .... Lumiere
... aka Beauty and the Beast 2 (USA: promotional title)
Aladdin and the King of Thieves (1996) (V) (voice) .... Sa'luk, Metal-fingered Thief
Beauty and the Beast (1991) (voice) .... Lumiere
... aka Beauty and the Beast: Special Edition (USA: longer version)

egionet

Oh my gosh, this is soooo upsetting. I loved him on Law and Order. Lennie Brisco was my favorite character. Not to mention Dirty Dancing is my favorite movie. He also had such a glowing broadway career. He was a great actor.

MsSnuzi

I feel so bad - I love him in Law and Order and Dirty Dancing is definitely one of my favorite movies.

One of my students has a small part in the new spin off Trial by Jury, I didn't know he was one of the principals in the series.

Very sad :(

brkgnews

Original Poster
J.E.Smith said:
I hope he already did Lumiere's vocal tracks for Kingdom Hearts 2...
Unsure on that... Here is how he is listed for Kingdom Hearts II on IMDB...

Kingdom Hearts II (2005) (VG) (voice) (unconfirmed) .... Lumiere

Not sure if he was just planned on for the project, or if he had already laid down tracks. I would presume that if it is set to debut in 2005, many of the voices would have already been recorded so they could sync in the animation -- but I'm not sure.

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
No more Lennie what will I do,I was very upset when he left law and order now he's gone.Lumieres flaime just went out:cry: I hope law and order does something on the show about him,he was a great actor and a great man.

Wckd Queen

Oh, this is so sad. I knew he had prostate cancer, but had heard his prognosis was very good. His talent will surely be missed on the stage and screen.

nibblesandbits

Wow! I had no idea! I absolutely LOVED him on Law and Order. I loved his character and he played it so well! My condolences go out to his family. He will definitely be missed.

claning

Don't forget, he is also the voice of Pierre in the updated Tiki Birds Show.

My wife loved him, particulary for his Briscoe character. And his Golden Girls guest apprearance was pretty good too.

NADisney

I will miss hearing that sexy sultry voice of Lumier, he was a great character actor.

I have the Lost Broadway Treasures 1 and 2 dvd's where he is the host and shows him performing in Chicago, 42 Street. He will be missed dearly . :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom