Disney Visa Rewards Points

Chris

We are planning a trip to WDW later this year and will be using the points from our BankOne Disney Visa to pay for the room. The information from BankOne does not explain how to use your points it just says you can. Has anyone ever done this? How does it work. Do I have to put the room on my credit card then swithc it to the rewards card when I check in? Help Please:veryconfu

DisneyPhD

The new way you use rewards points is they give you a card, like a debit or cash card, that has your points on them. It can be refilled later too. That is how cm should use it. We found some cm that didn't have a clue, but this was Jan 2004, and they had just come out with it, but now most should be used to the system.

I would guess they would want your CC for the downpayment to reserve the room, but the other payments should be fine.

Upvote 0

CrackerJack

You have to get a Disney Rewards card (this is different from your VISA card) from Bank One (you can go to the Bank One site on the internet to gat one). When you have it, you will tranfer the money that you have in rewards to the card. Then you can basically use the rewards card like a debit card and pay any balances with the money you have on the card.

Upvote 0

kal1484

You can use your reward card on the outdoor foods venues, and also check your balance on this too. That's about all I know about the Rewards card. Sorry!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

going in 14 days...with over 400 pts! ;) whooo hooo...buying 11 ap's and 3 rooms/10 nights each while earning double bonus points sure helped earn those points! Cinderellas breakfast is on our points card.

Upvote 0

DavyPR

you actually get a rewards card that looks like a credit card and you transfer earned points to this card. you then use the card anywhere like a atm card. i used mine for a dinner in italy in epcot

Upvote 0

Chris

Original Poster
We currently have 951 points and want to use it to pay for the entire room charge. However, in the past WDW has wanted the room paid for in advance (before arrival). Can you book a room w/ AP rates and only pay the deposit and pay the balance with you points when you arrive?

Upvote 0

GenerationX

I have a couple of questions regarding the Rewards Card. I have the card and have transferred a bunch of Reward Dollars over to the card. My resort stay has already been paid for. What I'd like to do is have my room cards charge back to the Rewards card. Is this possible? Will I be allowed to use my Rewards Card as the primary "financial backing" behind the room cards? Also, would I be able to place a credit card as the secondary source of funds after the Rewards Card runs out?

We want to use the Rewards Card to pay for food and souvenirs, but we like the convenience of having two cards and having everything charged to the room.

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

Chris said:
We are planning a trip to WDW later this year and will be using the points from our BankOne Disney Visa to pay for the room. The information from BankOne does not explain how to use your points it just says you can. Has anyone ever done this? How does it work. Do I have to put the room on my credit card then swithc it to the rewards card when I check in? Help Please:veryconfu

This program is great if you have a lot of patience and love Disney. As stated you need to acquire at least 20 points (Disney Dollars) and then request a card (by phone takes about 5-10 minutes or over the Internet if you register with Bank One) you can use almost anywhere at Disney except where noted on a brochure you can request. I don't think you can use the reward card in any of the parks for Disney merchandise except at Downtown Disney's World of Disney, nor use it for gifts at Ocala Visitor Center. It can be a pain, but that's how Bank One set it up so that you would forget about redeeming the points. You can only redeem 20 points at a minmum.

This scheme is sorta like a certain company's traveler checks which has billions and billions of dollars of uncashed checks lying around on which they make millions of dollars of interest each year.

While I have a Disney Visa and a Disney Rewards Card, I would advise getting Discover or AMEX rebate cards as you can spend your money wherever you want--Disney or . . . .

Upvote 0

bhg469

Disneygrl36 said:
I've had questions about how to use this system as well since we got our card. Is there a list anywhere that shows where you can use your points?
Thanks. :)

anywhere in the parks. im not sure if there is a list

i actually just got a notice that i can get double points for the next year did anyone else get that?

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You can use the Rewards card anywhere a credit card can be used in the parks.

We recently got a notice about double reward dollars, but it's based on your spending habits. Since we put a lot of big ticket items on our card last year (house stuff), ours is an outrageously high dollar amount. We're not going to come close to spending enough, per month, to qualify for the double rewards program. Very disappointing.

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

Welcome to the magic.
Start getting the
most out of
Disney’s Visa® Card.
How do I earn Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM?
• Purchases on your Disney’s Visa Card earn you
1% or more in Disney Dream Reward Dollars.SM
•Use Disney’s Visa Card for all your purchases—big
and small—like groceries and gas, dishwashers and
DVD players.
• The more you use it, the more you can reward
yourself and your family!
What extra benefits and rewards can I get?
• In your statement and online at www.BankOne.com/Disney,
you’ll get special money-saving offers every month that
help you get more value when you use your Disney’s
Visa Card or redeem Disney Dream Reward Dollars.SM
How can I redeem my Disney RewardsSM?
• Once you’ve earned at least 20 Disney Dream Reward
Dollars,SM you can call 1-800-436-7999 to request your
Disney RewardsSM Card and have your rewards
transferred to your card for use.
•You don’t have to order your Card until you’re ready
to use your rewards, but allow time for it to be
mailed.Your Disney RewardsSM Card will typically arrive
within 2–3 weeks from the date you request it.
•After you’ve received and activated your Disney
RewardsSM Card, simply present it at participating
Disney locations to redeem Disney Dream Reward
DollarsSM on the card for a wide variety of Disney
merchandise and services.
•Your Disney RewardsSM Card is not
a replacement for your Disney’s
Visa Card. Do not throw away
your Disney’s Visa Card when
you receive your Disney
RewardsSM Card.
•Your Disney RewardsSM Card is a
reloadable card. Do not throw it away.You may transfer
Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM from your Program
Rewards Balance to the card in minutes by calling Bank
One at 800-436-7999, 24 hours per day, 7 days per
week, or by logging onto www.BankOne.com/Disney.
What can I use my
Disney RewardsSM for?
•Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM are good
for most Disney merchandise, park tickets,
hotel nights, food and more at: Disneyland®
andWalt Disney World® Resorts—including
Theme Parks• Disney Cruise Line®•Disney Store •
Disney catalog • DisneyStore.com • Disney
Interactive • Disney Magazine and FamilyFun •
Disney Movie Club by Mail •Walt Disney Collectors
Society • Disney on IceSM(merchandise locations only).
They can even be used in combination with special
offers and discounts.
•Disney RewardsSM have no block-out dates. See Disney
RewardsSM Program Terms and Conditions at the end
of this guide for more details.

How do I get 0% APR for 6 months
on Disney vacation packages?
•To take advantage of this offer, you or your travel agent
should book an eligible Disney Cruise Line® vacation,
Walt Disney World® Resort vacation package or
Disneyland® Resort vacation package and charge the deposit
and remaining payments to your Disney’s Visa® Card
prior to arrival.
• Each transaction on your Disney’s Visa Card must be
between $101 and up to a maximum of $10,000 to
qualify for this offer.
•When booking a Walt Disney World® Resort or
Disneyland® Resort package, be sure to ask for a Walt
Disney Travel Company package to qualify for this offer.
•Disney Theme Park vacation
packages must meet the
following minimum criteria
to qualify for this offer:
–Walt Disney World® packages
must include a minimum 3-night
stay at a Walt Disney World®
Resort Hotel and an
Ultimate Park Hopper Ticket,
which provides admission
to all Walt Disney World®
Theme Parks,Water Parks
and more.
–Disneyland® Resort vacation
packages must include a minimum 2-night
stay at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel or other eligible hotel
booked through the Walt Disney Travel Company and
a 3-day or longer Park Hopper® Ticket that provides
admission to Disneyland® and Disney’s California
Adventure™ Theme Parks.
• All accommodations and eligible theme park tickets
must be booked at the same time to qualify.
•Any payment on your Disney’s Visa account must
not be past due at time of purchase to receive this
promotional APR.
• 0% promotional APR is effective for six months starting
at the date of the credit card transaction.
• Call your travel agent or one of the phone numbers
on the back of this guide to take advantage of this offer
and book a Disney vacation package. Be sure to ask
for a Disney Cruise Line® vacation or a Walt Disney Travel
Company vacation package when making your booking.
Disney RewardsSM Program Terms and Conditions
The Disney RewardsSM Program (the “Program”) is operated and managed by Bank One and offered
by Disney Rewards, LLC. The following terms and conditions of the Program apply to the
participation of the primary cardmember who has consented to the terms of the original
cardmember application for Disney’s Visa® Credit Card issued by Bank One (“Disney’s Visa Card”)
(hereinafter referred to as the “Cardmember” or “you” or “your”) in the Program through use
of Disney’s Visa Card and govern use of the Disney RewardsSM Card:
Accrual of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM:
1. You will be enrolled in the Program upon activation of your Disney’s Visa Card. You can accrue
promotional rewards in the form of “Disney Dream Reward Dollar sSM” by making retail purchases of
goods or services (“Purchase”) using the Disney’s Visa Card issued in your name. You will be
entitled to accrue Disney Dream Reward Dollar sSM beginning on the first day of the billing cycle that
includes the date that you were enrolled in the Program. Disney Dream Reward Dollar sSM will not
be retroactively awarded. 2. You will accrue one (1) Disney Dream Reward DollarSM for every one
hundred (100) dollars of Net Purchases. Bank One will calculate the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM
you accrue on a monthly basis by multiplying the actual dollar value of the Net Purchases made to
your Disney’s Visa Card each billing cycle by 1.0% (.01). If such calculation results in a
fractional dollar value amount, then such fractional amount will be rounded to the nearest whole
Disney Dream Reward Dollar,SM such that uneven Disney Dream Reward DollarSM amounts between
(x) 0.01 to 0.49 will be rounded down to the nearest Disney Dream Reward Dollar,SM and (y) 0.50
to 0.99 will be rounded up to the nearest Disney Dream Reward Dollar.SM As used herein, the term
“Net Purchases” means the amount of your Purchases in a billing cycle less (i) amounts credited to
your account during the billing cycle in respect of refunds and product returns, and (ii) amounts
relating to unauthorized or fraudulent transactions reported by you to Bank One during the billing
cycle. Except for certain promotional offers that may apply from time to time, you will only be
allowed to accumulate a maximum aggregate amount of 750 Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM each
calendar year, which ends with your December billing statement. Promotional offers may be made
in a targeted manner to designated Cardmembers only and not to all Cardmembers. 3. You will
not accrue Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on finance charges assessed on your account balances,
balance transfers, cash advances, convenience checks, unauthorized charges, or fees on products
which protect or insure the balances of your account, or fees of any kind. Negative Disney Dream
Reward DollarsSM will post on your periodic statement in any billing cycle in which the amount of
Net Purchases is a negative number. 4. As used herein, the term “Program Rewards Balance” is the
aggregate balance of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM shown on your Disney’s Visa Card monthly
billing statement. Subject to earlier termination or redemption as provided herein, Disney Dream
Reward DollarsSM shown as your Program Rewards Balance will expire in sixty (60) billing cycles
following the billing cycle in which they are first posted on the monthly billing statement and will
be redeemed and expired on a first-in, first-out basis. 5. Under certain circumstances you may not
be able to use or will not receive or may permanently forfeit the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM in
your Program Rewards Balance. For example, (a) If you are late making your minimum monthly
payment for any month as indicated on your monthly billing statement, the number of Disney Dream
Reward DollarsSM you have earned that month will accrue, but will not be available to you for use
and will not post to your Program Rewards Balance unless and until you pay any past due amount
and pay your current minimum monthly payment by the payment due date. (b) If you fail to make
payments during two consecutive billing cycles by their due dates, all of the Disney Dream Reward
DollarsSM relating to the Net Purchases during the billing cycles, including any Disney Dream Reward
DollarsSM accrued and/or posted to your Program Rewards Balance through promotional offers, shall
be permanently forfeited. (c) If your Disney’s Visa Card account is voluntarily or involuntarily closed
for any reason or charged off as a loss by Bank One, all Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM then accrued
and/or posted to your Program Rewards Balance will be immediately cancelled and permanently
forfeited regardless of any pending request to transfer the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM to a
Disney RewardsSM Card.Your Disney’s Visa Card account will be closed by Bank One if there is no
activity in the account for twenty-four (24) consecutive billing cycles.
Redemption of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM:
1. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM earned during any month will not be available to you for use until
they are posted to your Program Rewards Balance. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM will not be
posted to your Program Rewards Balance earlier than the monthly billing cycle that follows the
billing cycle in which they are accrued. In certain cases, the accrual of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM
may be subject to the fulfillment of certain conditions precedent by Cardmember and/or imposed
by Bank One and/or Disney Rewards , LLC, and therefore may take several billing cycles to post the
Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM to your Program Rewards Balance. Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM
may not be redeemed towards past purchases or orders of products or merchandise. 2. Disney
Dream Reward DollarsSM must be transferred to Disney RewardsSM Cards before they can be
redeemed. All such transfers will be made under the terms and conditions of the Program in effect
at the time of a request for such transfer. Disney RewardsSM Cards are issued directly by Bank One.
Disney Rewards, LLC is responsible for fulfillment of any Cardmember’s request to redeem Disney
Dream Reward DollarsSM for designated Disney products and merchandise. Disney RewardsSM Cards
need to be activated before they can be used.You must have a valid Disney’s Visa Card; you must
call Bank One Cardmember Services at (888) 205-5922 and follow the procedures required for
activation. Disney RewardsSM Cards can be used at most retail point of sale locations, and a select
number of other locations, owned and operated by, or under a license arrangement with, one (1)
or more affiliates of Disney Rewards, LLC.You can use the Disney RewardsSM Card to redeem Disney
Dream Reward DollarsSM towards a variety of Disney products and merchandise. Disney RewardsSM
Cards will expire on the expiration date indicated on the front of the Disney RewardsSM Card and
the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM on the Disney RewardsSM Cards will be forfeited and become
unavailable for redemption after such expiration date.You agree to present the Disney RewardsSM
Card in connection with any request to redeem Disney Dream Reward Dollars .SM You will not be able
to order a Disney RewardsSM Card or transfer Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM to a Disney RewardsSM

Card if your Disney’s Visa Card account is not in good standing, voluntarily or involuntarily closed for
any reason or charged off as a loss by Bank One. Use of Disney RewardsSM Cards is subject to any
additional terms and conditions listed on the Disney RewardsSM Card. 3. You must accumulate at least
twenty (20) Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM in your Program Rewards Balance in order to request a
Disney RewardsSM Card to redeem your Disney Dream Reward Dollars .SM You must transfer at least
twenty (20) Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM from your Program Rewards Balance the first time you
request a Disney RewardsSM Card (or, if you are requesting transfer of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM
from your Program Rewards Balance to (i) a previously issued Disney RewardsSM Card, or (ii) any
additional Disney RewardsSM Cards beyond the first Disney RewardsSM Card you have received and
activated, all such transfers must be in increments of at least ten (10) or more Disney Dream Reward
DollarsSM). Disney Rewards, LLC and Bank One reserve the right to limit the amount of Disney Dream
Reward DollarsSM that (x) may be transferred at a given time to a Disney RewardsSM Card, and/or
(y) may be contained as a maximum balance on a Disney RewardsSM Card.This will affect the number
of Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM that you can transfer into your Disney RewardsSM Card at any given
time as each Disney RewardsSM Card may be subject to a maximum balance of Disney Dream Reward
Dollars .SM We recommend that you keep the receipts you receive each time you use your Disney
RewardsSM Card.You will not receive a periodic summary of the redemptions and returns made using
your Disney RewardsSM Card. It is your responsibility to keep track of the Disney Dream Reward DollarsSM
balance on your Disney RewardsSM Card, but you can check the balance on your Disney RewardsSM Card
by calling Bank One Cardmember Services at (800) 436-7999 or visiting www.BankOne.com/Disney.
Each Disney’s Visa Card account is eligible only for a maximum of two (2) Disney RewardsSM Cards
activated for use at any given time.To request your Disney RewardsSM Card, or to transfer Disney Dream
Reward DollarsSM to an existing Disney RewardsSM Card, you must call Bank One Cardmember Services
at (800) 436-7999 or access www.BankOne.com/Disney and follow applicable instructions. Allow
two (2) to three (3) weeks for delivery of the Disney RewardsSM Card. Express delivery of a Disney
RewardsSM Card may be available, subject to limitations, for an additional fee paid by you and charged
to your Disney’s Visa® Card account. Please call Bank One Cardmember Services at (800) 436-7999,

Upvote 0

BlizzardCP

When I went in March we went over to the ticket booth at Downtown Disney and we got our points card right there... it took just a few minutes! We went to California Grill that night and the points paid for our sushi (we only had 40 points). It was so easy!

I am pretty sure you can just pay your deposit and then use the points card when you get there! Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom