News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

Ravenclaw78

Having gone to one myself, I never did believe the bloggers who had a positive take on the event. $130 and not being able to do everything seems like a rip off

Never underestimate people's obsession with villain characters. Maleficent and the stage show are the draw for this event, not the rides.

The regular MK After Hours events are 100% worth the cost, especially with a DVC or AP discount. The crowds are substantially lower and everything except Mine Train and Space Mountain is literally walk-on.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Having gone to one myself, I never did believe the bloggers who had a positive take on the event. $130 and not being able to do everything seems like a rip off
I had done a standard after hours in February and it was a dream. Little to no waits and significantly fewer guests. I totally loved the experience.

This event was the exact opposite. Clearly the attendance cap was raised (along with the price) If you’re going to for the low lines I would not recommend. The castle show was ok, but not great, and certainly not worth the extra premium over a standard after hours event.

aw14

I had done a standard after hours in February and it was a dream. Little to no waits and significantly fewer guests. I totally loved the experience.

This event was the exact opposite. Clearly the attendance cap was raised (along with the price) If you’re going to for the low lines I would not recommend. The castle show was ok, but not great, and certainly not worth the extra premium over a standard after hours event.
Can you give some examples of what those wait times looked like? I will be there 8/1, and am curious what the general response was

monothingie

Premium Member
Can you give some examples of what those wait times looked like? I will be there 8/1, and am curious what the general response was
Mine train, Space, and Pan never went below 35. For Space the queue always extended outside the building. Splash and Thunder never below 20. HM and Buzz became walk-on in the last hour. Pirates was never below 20.

DisneyOutsider

Mine train, Space, and Pan never went below 35. For Space the queue always extended outside the building. Splash and Thunder never below 20. HM and Buzz became walk-on in the last hour. Pirates was never below 20.

That stinks.

I went to the very first one. And for the majority of the event the longest ride was Space, which was like 15 minutes. Coincidentally ( ;)) this was also the night they hosted media/vloggers at the event.

aw14

I am hoping your experience was a 1 time event, since the other report from previous showed better wait times. I hope, but am not optimistic

Thank you for the info

zachrupertdsn

Went to the 7/18 party. At least at our party the CM's were pretty strict on checking the wristbands. The wristbands were bright green and opaque so it would be hard to fake. They were checking for wristbands at food carts, lines, and even people walking around.

They have CM's stationed at certain points throughout the park and were ushering people without bands out of the park. I would say by about 11 it was pretty dead. We waited ten minutes for mine train, everything else was walk ons.

Loved this more than the halloween party. Similar atmosphere, but free snacks instead of the candy trails.

LuvWDW2

I’m so sorry last night was a bust. We went to the first one and nothing was long except Mine Train and occasional bursts at Space (generally coincided with the end of a castle show).

jt04

Gah. I fear these crowds will not lead to necessary upgrades.

First and foremost would be adding an hour to the event.

LuvWDW2

Gah. I fear these crowds will not lead to necessary upgrades.

First and foremost would be adding an hour to the event.

At a bare minimum it sounds like it needs the hour buffer between event and park closing to clear the lines on headliners from day guests (like the parties get).

voodoo321

I am hoping your experience was a 1 time event, since the other report from previous showed better wait times. I hope, but am not optimistic

Thank you for the info
My experience on 7/1 was the same. Longer than expected wait times and relatively crowded. It was a waste of money and a total disappointment.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Do you know the event in feb a sellout?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Those who think you can ride everything need a quick reality check... you don’t have that much time even if rides were a walk on. 3hrs is not a lot! :)

I know when I was there Pirates was only using loading on one side.... but space was using both tracks. Btmrr at the time was only using one side as well. Splash was too... but splash was a walk on before the party started regardless.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Im not sure. It wasn’t a Villain event so I can’t make a fair comparison if there were different attendance caps.

That's right. And the point is - you can't draw any conclusions about attendance caps, or actions about it... because all you know is your relatively crowd examples. The events could have been different sizes to start, you have no idea what their caps were before or after.. so can't say they were changed, etc. It could have been as simple as one event was under sold, and another was moderately sold, etc. Can't run around tossing out conclusions on behaviors when you only have that incomplete picture.

monothingie

Premium Member
That's right. And the point is - you can't draw any conclusions about attendance caps, or actions about it... because all you know is your relatively crowd examples. The events could have been different sizes to start, you have no idea what their caps were before or after.. so can't say they were changed, etc. It could have been as simple as one event was under sold, and another was moderately sold, etc. Can't run around tossing out conclusions on behaviors when you only have that incomplete picture.

From what I experienced and what others in this thread have stated, my observations are on point. The point was there was a tremendous increase in attendance which has been confirmed by members of this forum who attended observations. If you have actual numbers I would love to know what they are, but since you’re probably just trolling and not contributing anything I’m just going to move on.

flynnibus

Premium Member
From what I experienced and what others in this thread have stated, my observations are on point. The point was there was a tremendous increase in attendance which has been confirmed by members of this forum who attended observations.

An increase in attendance does not necessarily mean “Clearly the attendance cap was raised”

That’s what I was responding to. Your extrapolation of more crowds into suggesting something more. You don’t have the data to make that claim.

FigmentForver96

An increase in attendance does not necessarily mean “Clearly the attendance cap was raised”

That’s what I was responding to. Your extrapolation of more crowds into suggesting something more. You don’t have the data to make that claim.
Hahaha he thinks you’re trolling. They’re getting smarter 😂😂

I’ve done with for each park, excluding Epcot, and the crowds were super light. I haven’t done the Villians event but something in my gut told me they would sell more tickets for it considering it was so limited.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom