News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

Squishy

Way too much dialogue. The cast couldn't keep up with all that lip syncing -- and very obviously so. It also made it a bit plodding at times. Need to edit out at least 5 minutes. Or, add some songs, which are much easier to lip sync to. It seems to want to be like a Festival of the Lion King, minus all the good music.
I don't think they lip sync, during the last showing of the night hades mouth mic broke and a cast member rushed on stage to give him another mic.

jt04

Way too much dialogue. The cast couldn't keep up with all that lip syncing -- and very obviously so. It also made it a bit plodding at times. Need to edit out at least 5 minutes. Or, add some songs, which are much easier to lip sync to. It seems to want to be like a Festival of the Lion King, minus all the good music.

Exactly. Needs a great song or two. Slightly less dialog.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't think they lip sync, during the last showing of the night hades mouth mic broke and a cast member rushed on stage to give him another mic.

Watch Hades' mouth when he says "Let's party!"

There are many times when lips aren't even moving, but there's dialogue, especially from the other characters.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Watch Hades' mouth when he says "Let's party!"

There are many times when lips aren't even moving, but there's dialogue, especially from the other characters.

The dialog is live from the performers, not lip synced. I had to combine footage from 3 shows to make the multi angle, and occasionally the lines were delivered at slightly different times giving appearance of lip sync error. Unfortunately a by-product of trying to do a multi camera video across 3 shows with a single camera.

yensidtlaw1969

WDW isn't grabbing the $$$$$$$$, it's being thrown at them. And why should we be upset. I'm happy they are doing well. You don't get new things when there's no $$$$$ coming in.

I'm happy they do this, and MNNSHP and MVMCP. Sure I need to plan around it this fall when we are there, but the last night of our trip we'll be there to check it out.

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$ as it should be. I was tickeled when I saw them turning 8 $200 lightsabers stations like 3 times an hour. That's a minimum of $24 million a year from one room and a pile of plastic and metal. WOOOO HOOOO, that'll buy several rides and maybe a bar or two (plus it employs several people,) so good on WDW.

Love it.
The thing to remember is that Disney has never had NO money coming in, especially from the Parks which have always done well and have even been used as a crutch for other less successful branches of the company from time to time.

So, are we really more likely to see sizable investment when Disney’s making money hand over fist and people are coming whether or not new, exciting, high quality experiences are being added? Or is it more likely that they’ll spend, which they’ve historically always been able to afford to do, when they feel the need to incentivize a discerning customer base to return?

Case in point - MK has always been the leader in WDW with regards to visitation, popularity, and guest spending, and TRON will be the first E-Ticket added to the park in nearly 30 years. While Animal Kingdom and DHS saw and/or will see huge gains in those numbers as a result of a large infusion of cash from Disney on large-scale projects for these parks, not because they were already raking it in. The forthcoming revitalization of Epcot - be it for better or worse - is a product of the park’s falling numbers, not high grosses.

This isn’t to say I want the parks to fail so Disney feels the need to spend money, but it seems a good idea to call a spade a spade. If they do something great we can appreciate it, but it’s reasonable to be disappointed if Disney seems able to get away with half-hearted projects or events.

Having not been to this Villains event, I can’t say where it falls on this spectrum.

Goofnut1980

The dialog is live from the performers, not lip synced. I had to combine footage from 3 shows to make the multi angle, and occasionally the lines were delivered at slightly different times giving appearance of lip sync error. Unfortunately a by-product of trying to do a multi camera video across 3 shows with a single camera.
The barbosa in pirates was lip synced. The guy kept messing up the words.

Goofnut1980

Overall my opinion. It wasn’t anything you could just call to be a villain party. They didn’t even get all of the merchandise in for the event. I wanted the hat and it never came in. So they told us to come back in a few days and they should let us buy it if we show we had a ticket. Maleficent didn’t roam the park like it was mentioned. She went on the parade route in semi darkness so it would be hard to take a pic. She had some little strobe lights added to the outside. A lot of people were leaving by midnight when we left. I’m sure some folks loved it. I just didn’t think it was all up tot hype they talked about. And how many ice cream bars or popcorn can people eat. I would have loved a smal pretzel or something just carby and not full of sugar.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is our photo gallery of Maleficent traveling through the park.

palmickey420

I guess I’m in the minority in thinking this was a great event. I loved the additions they did. Didn’t feel anything was missing. I did enjoy that space mountain added villains sounds and Barbossa in Pirates. The treats were really good. Definitely worth the money in my opinion

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom