News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So what are the hours? I thought it was 10-1, so unless it's a typo I'm surprised to see there is entertainment all the way till 1:20AM?

Either way I'm happy with it. See you on the 7/25!

Other sites are listing the same 1:20a time. So, either Disney misprinted, and they meatn 12:40a, or, Maleficent will indeed travel from Frontier Land to Main Street as part of a sweep to pull everyone out of the park. Remember, people who get in line for a ride at 12:59a may not be getting off until 1:15a.

fngoofy

Remember when E ride night was $12?

$$$$$$$$$$ grab
WDW isn't grabbing the $$$$$$$$, it's being thrown at them. And why should we be upset. I'm happy they are doing well. You don't get new things when there's no $$$$$ coming in.

I'm happy they do this, and MNNSHP and MVMCP. Sure I need to plan around it this fall when we are there, but the last night of our trip we'll be there to check it out.

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$ as it should be. I was tickeled when I saw them turning 8 $200 lightsabers stations like 3 times an hour. That's a minimum of $24 million a year from one room and a pile of plastic and metal. WOOOO HOOOO, that'll buy several rides and maybe a bar or two (plus it employs several people,) so good on WDW.

Love it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WDW isn't grabbing the $$$$$$$$, it's being thrown at them. And why should we be upset. I'm happy they are doing well. You don't get new things when there's no $$$$$ coming in.

I'm happy they do this, and MNNSHP and MVMCP. Sure I need to plan around it this fall when we are there, but the last night of our trip we'll be there to check it out.

It's all about the $$$$$$$$$ as it should be. I was tickeled when I saw them turning 8 $200 lightsabers stations like 3 times an hour. That's a minimum of $24 million a year from one room and a pile of plastic and metal. WOOOO HOOOO, that'll buy several rides and maybe a bar or two (plus it employs several people,) so good on WDW.

Love it.

Okay.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Interesting posting history you have.

Last edited:

Kman101

I think if they had meet and greets with the Villains, I would be more tempted to buy a ticket. But if I cant meet Disney's greatest villain (Maleficent btw) why bother?

I get why they aren't though. I do agree it probably will turn some folks away. They don't want a repeat of Villains Unleashed ... but then again, maybe all the villains shouldn't be "rare"? They make this high demand for them, then refuse to meet it. They only have themselves to blame. They probably don't want you spending the entire party in one line for a M&G. The idea is low crowds so you can ride attractions and enjoy the park. The villains are just to increase the price of the ticket ... my guess is their logic is they can start "plussing" after hours to raise the prices and they're gauging how far they can go and how much a guest will pay. I can only imagine the future of DHS' after hours. Probably themed to a Galaxy Far Far Away ... (notice they haven't released further dates for DHS but they did for the other parks into August?)

Kman101

Without the Villains component and some good company going to this event, I probably would have passed on going at all. Marie

I'll probably be there tonight, weather depending. I wish I had waited until next week. I don't like doing things "first night" lol. But what the heck? Why not? lol

I did pay for AH at the MK on 2/14 and I really enjoyed it. Well worth it. I never thought I'd say it, and I dislike we "have" to pay for low crowds, I really do, but it was wonderful being in the MK with little to no waits and no one around me. It was the best time I had there in a very very long time. I'd almost forgo an annual pass and just do AH a few times a year at this point ...

I did DHS on the day of the anniversary. I enjoyed it more at the MK because they have more to do, but it was nice having a 10 minute wait for Slinky and walking onto everything else, and not having any line at Woody's Lunchbox. Also had a great TOT ride. They desperately need more to do though. But I can see why these events are appealing and almost worth it for folks over a regular day ticket ... I haven't done AK yet. Just hasn't lined up.

jt04

Love it.

It employs more than a few if you consider the supply chain. And I think it is 14 Light Sabers not 8.

HoldenC

Without the Villains component and some good company going to this event, I probably would have passed on going at all. Marie
Some friends and I are contemplating going for a birthday bash in July, so yes, I agree....going with a good group of people will certainly make it more enjoyable.

JusticeDisney

Love it.
Phenomenal post. Agree with every single word.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom