News Disney Villains After Hours coming to the Magic Kingdom

awoogala

There actions since the housing crash have Vastly limited there ability to take the body blows the next time..:because the base prices are so much higher.

If the damn broke today...Iger would retire tomorrow and the place would be in serious jeopardy for 2-5 years. Nobody would like what it’s gonna look like.

They can’t discount 85% to fill seats
yeah, iger is a stock market man. it's high right now, he knows if he es off the $15,000-100,000 salary people, they will cry, then come back if it drops again- like they always do... (after he gets his 65 mil bonus- even though, again, the stock owners voted against this bonus).. in the meantime, he only needs to hit his numbers NOW. He cares nothing for 5 years from now... he'll be gone. Right now, stocks are up, people are spending, and he wants to appeal to the nouveau riche who think they have $ to spend, and like "plus/extra/vip" experiences because it fights their imposter syndrome. 5 years from now, the whole thing will be so.very.different. same as 2007 to 2009..were two entirely different worlds. I mean, c'mon, no one other than someone only trying to appeal to the upper income levels would have ok'ed golden oaks. lol

awoogala

The reality is: They've figured out how to sell the park 3 times a day.

That's all this is. While one can talk about the merits of this party or that or this experience or that experience. They're literally just reselling the park to you and if you think, "...but I'm going at night." That's fine. Someone else has already taken your place for the morning "event" and the mid-day normal hours.

Right now, they can do this because they can charge whatever, however many times a day that they'd like and people are still lining up at the gate. I really do think it's short-sighted.

They may as well charge by the minute. No, I'm not kidding. Everything is there to do it so why not? As soon as you scan your Magic Band the clock is running and when you leave the clock would stop. While some may fret over, "...but I don't want to think about the on-going costs...," this actually would work in your favor:
  • If you go back to the hotel during the middle of the day for a nap, you're not paying.
  • If you go back to the hotel at 7PM because you're not really a late-night person, you cost stops.
  • If you want to do an all day thing then you just pay throughout the day and you don't have to be bothered paying for the morning deal, plus the mid-day deal, plus the nightly special experience. You just pay for as long as you stay.
I think it'd also automatically control crowds. If it's so busy that it's not worth staying then you just leave and stop paying for that day. It's one of the things I liked about the AP years back - I'd walk in and think, "Nope. Too busy!," and then just leave.
ha. try maybe 10 x, when you add in the early morning magic, annnd all the dessert parties! but, exactly. as a stockholder, I get it, as a fan, I wish I didn't have an ap this summer, and could just hit universal. ;)

awoogala

Cause the college program kids need to get to happy hour!
because meet and greets require a huge upgrade of on the hoof improv skills, as opposed to on stage over the top acting, without impulsive skills. totally different skill sets, and it's hard enough to find physical casting types?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
correct me if I am wrong but they kick day guests out at 6pm now to clear the park for the party due to many stragglers.

At 6 PM for party nights (not After Hours), day guests can't get on rides or buy stuff. CMs start sweeping the walkways turning people without the bracelet back to the main exit. But for the Holiday Party, day guests can stay for the Frozen lighting of the castle at 6:15 PM.

BuddyThomas

I don’t love the price of this, but it is cheaper than a full price ticket to a Broadway show, and most of those shows give you an average of 2.5 hours of entertainment, with a couple of examples from this season being as short as 70 minutes (Hillary and Clinton) and as long as three hours and fifteen minutes (The Ferryman). Given that you are allowed to enter the park at 7PM and you can stay until 1AM, with free ice cream and supposedly a light crowd, I’d be willing to pay for this more easily than I’d pay for a full priced Broadway ticket. 😜

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

wannabeBelle

Absolutely!!! As I said, we will probably be doing live updates from there if you'd like to check in with us on Facebook but I will definitely report back. Marie

flynnibus

Premium Member
well.. I'm in town for work.. so decided to buy in just to try one of these events first hand. So I'll be there on the june 13th event. They better run the park more regular than they do during EMH :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom