Disney vet going to Universal Orlando needs advice!

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
If you want to use the Lazy River at Cabana Bay, you will need to bring your own tubes or buy them on-site at the resort. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was around $10 - $12 per tube. Much cheaper to bring your own. They will inflate any tubes for you at the little shack, so no need to try to pre-inflate it.

I would definitely leave some time to "play" at the resort. It's a great place with plenty to do.

As for the parks, We went in July last year and as long as you take advantage of the Early Morning hours, you will be fine. We didn't have Express Pass and got on everything we wanted. Minions is best to do right at Morning Hours opening or it will get over an hour very quickly. We did it on the way back to Gringot's and got on in 10 minutes. Then once you do the HP rides once going through the Queue, we just started to do the Single Rider lines. You miss some of the queue, but get on in 10 minutes vs. 60 minutes. No brainer for us.
I had no idea that the minion's ride was so popular. I will try to hit it first.

Rickster7

If you want to use the Lazy River at Cabana Bay, you will need to bring your own tubes or buy them on-site at the resort. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was around $10 - $12 per tube. Much cheaper to bring your own. They will inflate any tubes for you at the little shack, so no need to try to pre-inflate it.

I would definitely leave some time to "play" at the resort. It's a great place with plenty to do.

As for the parks, We went in July last year and as long as you take advantage of the Early Morning hours, you will be fine. We didn't have Express Pass and got on everything we wanted. Minions is best to do right at Morning Hours opening or it will get over an hour very quickly. We did it on the way back to Gringot's and got on in 10 minutes. Then once you do the HP rides once going through the Queue, we just started to do the Single Rider lines. You miss some of the queue, but get on in 10 minutes vs. 60 minutes. No brainer for us.
How many rides have single rider lines?

StingraySam

How many rides have single rider lines?

Universal Studios Florida
Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit
Men in Black: Alien Attack
Revenge of the Mummy
Transformers: The Ride
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (this single rider line has been not in use at times for us)

Islands of Adventure
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
Doctor Doom's Fearfall
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Incredible Hulk Coaster
Skull Island Reign of Kong (last time we were there this attraction had a single ride line but was not in use.)

Note:
We noticed due to demand that some attractions seem to temporarily close single rider lines.
Also wait times can be extremly variable. On the same attraction at different times we have gone through single rider lines in less than 10 minutes and other times waited longer than 40 minutes with the regular que lines being of almost the same approximate wait time.

Rickster7

Universal Studios Florida
Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit
Men in Black: Alien Attack
Revenge of the Mummy
Transformers: The Ride
Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (this single rider line has been not in use at times for us)

Islands of Adventure
The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
Doctor Doom's Fearfall
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Incredible Hulk Coaster
Skull Island Reign of Kong (last time we were there this attraction had a single ride line but was not in use.)

Note:
We noticed due to demand that some attractions seem to temporarily close single rider lines.
Also wait times can be extremly variable. On the same attraction at different times we have gone through single rider lines in less than 10 minutes and other times waited longer than 40 minutes with the regular que lines being of almost the same approximate wait time.
Thank you for the info!

jloucks

I'm already disappointed by Universal in that they do not have complementary transportation to/from the airport and that they charge for parking while staying at the resort.
You get a private luxury black SUV for ~$50.

Now, I wonder if that $50 is a deal they worked out with Mears. This November I am doing Universal Studios and then doing WDW. I am hoping the SUV won't be $120 or something since destination is their competitor and not the airport.

Disneykings

Now, I wonder if that $50 is a deal they worked out with Mears. This November I am doing Universal Studios and then doing WDW. I am hoping the SUV won't be $120 or something since destination is their competitor and not the airport.

How do you pre book transport? Is it something you can do once at the resorts? Thanks

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No

We are doing two nights at Universal then 6 nights at WDW. We are renting a car (through AVIS) for three days. Picking it up at the airport returning it to the Hilton near Disney Springs, then taking DME back to the airport. That's probably not the most economical option, but I think it may be the easiest for us.

jloucks

How do you pre book transport? Is it something you can do once at the resorts? Thanks
It is super easy, they have 2-3 at the front door at all times. You just walk out front and say hi, and hop in. I don't know if you can pre-book or not. Works like a fancy taxi tho, so I suspect supply is hidden all over the place to be deployed if needed.

Disneykings

It is super easy, they have 2-3 at the front door at all times. You just walk out front and say hi, and hop in. I don't know if you can pre-book or not. Works like a fancy taxi tho, so I suspect supply is hidden all over the place to be deployed if needed.

Thank you, that's good to know.

PorterRedkey

Original Poster
What is the deal with having to stow away your belongings before riding Universal attractions? I know Hulk and Forbidden Journey had them. Any other rides?

JoeCamel

What is the deal with having to stow away your belongings before riding Universal attractions? I know Hulk and Forbidden Journey had them. Any other rides?

The deal is they don't want guests losing things on the rides. They are not going to pick them up for you and it may injure another guest or the ride machinery. I know the reply "well disney doesn't do this" but disney also does not have the velocity of most of the rides at Universal either. For your list:

http://orlandoinformer.com/universal/rental-ride-lockers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom