News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

peter11435

The park has 2 closing times. It closes to normal guests and then there is a special event. Normal admission does not grant you access to the special event. If you stick around after #1 you will be kicked out. This is not difficult.
Yes. I know that. I am aware. The point is that nobody is kicked out before the first closing time. The post that started this discussion claimed that guests were kicked out before the first closing time. This does not happen and has never happened.

DCLcruiser

The parks close early. If you don't have a Very Mickey wrist band they kick you out. They make a human chain by Main Street back towards the Castle to find stragglers.

Yes. I know that. I am aware. The point is that nobody is kicked out before the first closing time. The post that started this discussion claimed that guests were kicked out before the first closing time. This does not happen and has never happened.
Above is my 1st post. The parks close early. If you don't have a Very Mickey wrist band they kick you out. I didn't say they make you leave before the closing time for general admission tickets.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
What don't you understand? The park has two closing times. Normal guests, without a Merry ticket, have to leave prior to the Merry Special Event starting. If you try to stay in the park, they will kick you out.

If you did not pay up for the Merry event you get kicked out. Your normal admission ticket expires at the 1st close.

You are very confused because you're acting like 2019 and 2021 are the same event and they are different.
2019 MK closed at 6pm. Those with a regular admission ticket started headed out as that was the posted close time.
CM's did not KICK PEOPLE OUT PRIOR TO THAT POSTED CLOSE TIME.
2021 is literally an AFTER HOURS event. MK closes at 9pm which is a pretty normal close time (at least as of recently). Again Disney will NOT kick guests out prior to that posted closing time.

peter11435

Above is my 1st post. The parks close early. If you don't have a Very Mickey wrist band they kick you out. I didn't say they make you leave before the closing time for general admission tickets.
You didn’t….. but someone else did. The post your first post was replying to was about kicking guests out prior to posted closing time. That is what was being clarified.

DCLcruiser

You are very confused because you're acting like 2019 and 2021 are the same event and they are different.
2019 MK closed at 6pm. Those with a regular admission ticket started headed out as that was the posted close time.
CM's did not KICK PEOPLE OUT PRIOR TO THAT POSTED CLOSE TIME.
2021 is literally an AFTER HOURS event. MK closes at 9pm which is a pretty normal close time (at least as of recently). Again Disney will NOT kick guests out prior to that posted closing time.
I never said they would before the posted close time.

I'm not confused. It's the same type of event. The only difference is it's 9-1 AM and not 7 to Midnight (2019).

They typically close the park 1 hour before the start of the special event to make sure general guests are gone. That 1 hour earlier time is typically earlier than a normal day at MK. If you don't realize the park is closing early, they tell you to leave.

Last edited:

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I never said they would before the posted close time.

I'm not confused. It's the same type of event. The only difference is it's 9-1 AM and not 7 to Midnight (2019).

They typically close the park 1 hour before the start of the special event to make sure general guests are gone. That 1 hour earlier time is typically earlier than a normal day at MK. If you don't realize the park is closing early, they tell you to leave.

The Christmas party and After Hours events are DIFFERENT.

DCLcruiser

The Christmas party and After Hours events are DIFFERENT.
In what way that would change the policy of closing general park hours an hour prior to the special event?

Let's see, how different it is...

MVMAH guests get to enter the park at 7pm (prior to the special event at 9pm) - Same policy, different times.
Christmas Parade - That's the same
Christmas fireworks - That's the same
Christmas cookies - That's the same
Jingle Cruise - That's the same

po1998

In what way that would change the policy of closing general park hours an hour prior to the special event?

MVMAH guests get to enter the park at 7pm (prior to the special event at 9pm) - Same policy, different times.
Please try and read what others are posting. You are making it seem like there are two different languages we are conversing in.

TTA94

Are we expecting there to be the usual MVMCP cookies and hot chocolate during Most Merriest along with the usual DAH ice cream and beverages?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

It really is like talking to a brick wall.

The park closes at 9pm and the event starts at 9pm.
That is completely different from MVMCP.

Essentially the only things that are the same is the parade and snow on main street.

DCLcruiser

po1998

When did I say guests are kicked out prior to the general closing time?
Come on! Please follow along. No one said you did. It was someone else who said they thought they remembered being asked to leave prior to official park closing time, and that was what was being questioned.

DCLcruiser

Come on! Please follow along. No one said you did. It was someone else who said they thought they remembered being asked to leave prior to official park closing time, and that was what was being questioned.
Perhaps their confusion is that on the Christmas special event nights the general park hours, historically, have been shorter than usual. So, if you are unaware of the special event's impact on your day, you could be caught off guard at "closing time" when you are expecting to have more time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

MVMAH get:
  • 2 fireworks and not one - That's not the same
  • Anywhere from 1/6th to 1/3 the number of guests so that you can be guaranteed your fill of E-Ticket rides - That's not the same.
  • Ice cream free, cookies are not free - That's not the same
MVMAH don't get:
  • Castle stage show - That's not the same
  • 8 hours of the park (as opposed to 6 hours for MVMah) - That's not the same
  • Exclusive merchandise opportunities - That's not the same

DCLcruiser

MVMAH get:
  • 2 fireworks and not one - That's not the same
  • Anywhere from 1/6th to 1/3 the number of guests so that you can be guaranteed your fill of E-Ticket rides - That's not the same.
  • Ice cream free, cookies are not free - That's not the same
MVMAH don't get:
  • Castle stage show - That's not the same
  • 8 hours of the park (as opposed to 6 hours for MVMah) - That's not the same
  • Exclusive merchandise opportunities - That's not the same
Would you say any of those things would change the policy of closing MK early and exiting normal guests prior to the start of the special event?

cslafferty

Would you say any of those things would change the policy of closing MK early and exiting normal guests prior to the start of the special event?
They have not posted park hours yet for Nov and Dec. I am SPECULATING that they will close the park to day guests sometime around 8pm or after the DE fireworks to give them time to clear out before the after hours event officially starts. Remember, day guests who are in line for an attraction at closing are allowed to stay in that line. So in order for the people who paid for the after hours event to have short wait times, most of the day guests should be out of the park before it begins. It’ll be dark early by then so they could conceivably have DE at 7:45pm and have regular park closing at 8.

disneyflush

I agree. My last visit to EPCOT was in November 2019 it was of course F&W and it was so crowded we could not get near a food booth to buy our $7 sample.

To reduce crowds they must truly limit attendance and then they would need to charge more.

The problem as you say, we would be simply paying more for the same thing, the difference being, lower crowds, IF they actually limited attendance, this would a better guest experience all other things being equal.

I say again, I don’t trust Disney to actually limit attendance. They will raise prices and let the parks fill to capacity anyway.
WDW could limit attendance by just limiting attendance and not selling any tickets after a set amount. The correlation to also raising ticket prices in order to do it is a fallacy. The business plan has been a choice of:

1.) sell so many tickets that the patrons are uncomfortable with crowding
2.) sell tickets for such high prices that the patrons are uncomfortable with pricing
3.) do both

That their philosophies support only the choices of pain for their customers while also seeing a lot of these customers instantly defend them shows how effective their marketing has been. What would I have them do? Let in 40,000 people per day. Staff for 40,000 people. No fast passes. No needing a genie to manage a vacation so complicated it borders on a panic attack. Don't make it $1,600 for a few hours at night for my family of 6 to go to MK after hours one time. That said, if it appeals to you then go have a ball. Disney used to nod and wink when people complained of the park caste system so finally having it all out in the open with the new pricing is actually a bit refreshing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom