News Disney Very Merriest After Hours

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Control crowds? During an AH event that’s by definition limited in attendance? Hopefully that was sarcasm without the /s tag.
It’s just an old excuse born on a thread on one of the boards (when the crowds just became uncomfortable on a majority of days) that keeps getting recycled.

that was never true. It’s amazing how poop can stick? 💩

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Control crowds? During an AH event that’s by definition limited in attendance? Hopefully that was sarcasm without the /s tag.

We all know Disney is treating this more like a traditional party vs an after hours event in terms of tickets available.
That is evident with the fact that they released more Boo Bash tickets for sold out dates.
But with the Christmas after hours pricing I think they truly will make the profit they desire while also keeping the crowds low because I truly don't think as many people will be willing to pay that high of a price.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We all know Disney is treating this more like a traditional party vs an after hours event in terms of tickets available.
That is evident with the fact that they released more Boo Bash tickets for sold out dates.
But with the Christmas after hours pricing I think they truly will make the profit they desire while also keeping the crowds low because I truly don't think as many people will be willing to pay that high of a price.
Well in this case…you may have a point. And I hope it is correct.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!

The jury is still out on Boo Bash and crowds. They didn’t sell additional tickets to the first party, so we can’t really gauge what effect the additional ticket sales had on crowds. We’ll have a better picture of that after a couple of the upcoming events.

They are definitely, however, 100% milking the return of a popular parade, plus the opportunity to see two firework shows, for all its worth, with the Christmas event.

GimpYancIent

It's all in the details. Yep, that bland stuff towards the end of any announcement:
"Tickets will go on sale Aug. 20 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-939-7947. Guests of select Disney Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, as well as Shades of Green at Walt Disney World Resort can book their tickets as early as August 17. Tickets range from $169 to $229 plus tax for select November-December nights and $249, plus tax on December 19 & 21. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount on select event dates in November. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation."

SSH

My wife and I will be there the week after thanksgiving. We typically splurge with Disney events and really anything Disney tbh, but it would cost us almost $500 with tax for us. We are already dropping $2,000 on a resort (which sadly isn’t bad) on top of our out of state Platinum AP’s. So now we have the decision to not eat on property for the entire week or go spend three hours to maybe get fake snowed on and not wait in line as long. It’s a real bummer. How on earth do they rationalize these prices?
I missed the "on property" and just read "now we have the decision to not eat for the entire week" Was going to advise doing AH on the first day and loading up on enough popcorn and soda to feed you the rest of your trip. Think how "cheap" the party will seem when it doubles as your 7-day food budget. :hilarious:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I missed the "on property" and just read "now we have the decision to not eat for the entire week" Was going to advise doing AH on the first day and loading up on enough popcorn and soda to feed you the rest of your trip. Think how "cheap" the party will seem when it doubles as your 7-day food budget. :hilarious:
The big challenge is you have to get the Mickey ice cream bars back to your room and in the freezer before they melt. 😉

BaconPancakes

The jury is still out on Boo Bash and crowds. They didn’t sell additional tickets to the first party, so we can’t really gauge what effect the additional ticket sales had on crowds. We’ll have a better picture of that after a couple of the upcoming events.

They are definitely, however, 100% milking the return of a popular parade, plus the opportunity to see two firework shows, for all its worth, with the Christmas event.
We were there Tuesday and it was dead except for space mountain for some reason.

TrainsOfDisney

Why are people upset with Chapek? I’ve seen a lot of people state that it’s Chapeks fault and at the same time stating that they will sell out. He would be a terrible CEO if pricing for the event was underpriced. Don’t get mad at Chapek, get mad at the customer paying those ridiculous prices.
It’s like hating the paparazzi. They harass and bother celebs because people buy the magazines and go the websites.
He would also be a terrible CEO if he overprices an event so that customers say “it’s not worth it” or feel ripped off.

It’s an interesting gamble. Are people going to keep paying high prices for what is currently served at Ohana? Are people going to keep paying high prices to go to DHS with only 1/2 of a 1/2 day park open?

KingdomofDreams

Slightly off topic, but hasn't Disneyland always run their Christmas parade during regular park hours? We've only been to Disneyland during Christmas season once and it was several years ago, but I remember the Christmas parade and snow on Main St. Always made me wonder why Disneyland can have so many different parades and holiday offerings during regular park hours but Disneyworld can't. Why the disparity between the two?

TrainsOfDisney

Slightly off topic, but hasn't Disneyland always run their Christmas parade during regular park hours? We've only been to Disneyland during Christmas season once and it was several years ago, but I remember the Christmas parade and snow on Main St. Always made me wonder why Disneyland can have so many different parades and holiday offerings during regular park hours but Disneyworld can't. Why the disparity between the two?
The difference between Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom in Christmas decorations, overlays and live entertainment is crazy.

flynnibus

Premium Member

WDW ran seasonal parties... DL didn't for the longest time. Halloween events were offered, but the seasonal entertainment wasn't exclusive to the parties like WDW.

Different parks, different strategies, different demographics, different expectations. DLR has been much slower to buy into any of the pay-for-play stuff that has been running rampant in WDW for the last 10years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom